Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This is well worth reading. 

Link

Jagannath Chatterjee:

When I started my campaign, sometime in 1985, on the internet from 2001, doctors responded by saying that vaccine safety was beyond question, they were as safe as water. Later as I intensified my campaign and cited peer reviewed published material on risks from vaccines, they modified their stance to; well all medications have some risk. Today they fall back upon the riskbenefit analysis meaning that the benefits outweigh the risks. Today I will touch on this topic in a generalised fashion so that all can comprehend what I am trying to say. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 11 Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yes it certainly was worth the read. Thanks for posting!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 11 Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

2nd pg 1st full paragraph, what are those numbers? Hundred thousands or millions?

#4 of 11 Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jagannath Chatterjee is who again?

#5 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaping View Post

Quote:

Apparently he is an anti vaccination activist in India. I have no reason to believe he has anything credible to say and I'm sure he'll get ripped apart here. In fact I read somewhere on a provax blog that was ripping him up that he stated if after reading everything he wrote people went ahead and vaccinated their kid, they desrved to have a vaccine damaged child. Not sure if that's true but thats disgusting if it is. However I will say I think much of what he has said has some truth to it. It's the things that we go round and round about here all the time!!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM

found this: I've also seen he refers to himself as Dr, but can't find anything about what kind of Dr. or his educational background.

————————————————————–

Jagannath Chatterjee
Health & Human Rights Activist,
Member: MANITHAM, Chennai,
Loksatta, Maharashtra/Hyderabad,
India Force (State Head),
Governing Body Member: Coalition for GM Free India,
Actively involved with: Coalition for GM Free Orissa,
Coalition for Food Safety & Sovereignty,
Pesticide Action Network,
Centre for Sustainable Agriculture,
Trained by : Pesticide Action Network, Asia Pacific,
Centre for Sustainable Agriculture.

#7 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Apparently he is an anti vaccination activist in India. I have no reason to believe he has anything credible to say and I'm sure he'll get ripped apart here. In fact I read somewhere on a provax blog that was ripping him up that he stated if after reading everything he wrote people went ahead and vaccinated their kid, they desrved to have a vaccine damaged child. Not sure if that's true but thats disgusting if it is. However I will say I think much of what he has said has some truth to it. It's the things that we go round and round about here all the time!!

Ah. I'm not a fan of reading anything from a pro or anti side of any topic. Sometimes individuals or groups just get an idea in their head and scour the internet to tell them what they want to hear... typically they have blinders on to any other opinion and will dismiss any source who doesn't agree with them. Anyone who makes a statement like "deserves to have a damaged child" seems not only to have an agenda but also a bit insane. 

It's so time consuming sorting out the conspiracy theorist wing nuts on one side and the money hungry sell-outs on the other. 

#8 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:

Ah. I'm not a fan of reading anything from a pro or anti side of any topic. Sometimes individuals or groups just get an idea in their head and scour the internet to tell them what they want to hear... typically they have blinders on to any other opinion and will dismiss any source who doesn't agree with them. Anyone who makes a statement like "deserves to have a damaged child" seems not only to have an agenda but also a bit insane. 

It's so time consuming sorting out the conspiracy theorist wing nuts on one side and the money hungry sell-outs on the other. 

I found it also does not help when in real life you see things first hand and that is dismissed too. (antidotal doesn't count!)

Believing in an abstract is one thing, day to day life really does change personal perspective-IMO

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#9 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

I found it also does not help when in real life you see things first hand and that is dismissed too. (antidotal doesn't count!)

Believing in an abstract is one thing, day to day life really does change personal perspective-IMO

I don't get what you mean. If you see something in real life, isn't that anecdotal? 

#10 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't get what you mean. If you see something in real life, isn't that anecdotal? 

and by one side that should not count (factor into) as "research" in making your discussion 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#11 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

I totally agree with this and anecdotal information factors into my choices for my family alongside a myriad of other reasons, but I'm not sure anyone here is saying it shouldn't factor in?? We are just trying to find out more about this author and I think escaping's point is actually well taken. There are zealots on both sides and usually those types are not where I like to get my information. With that said I will repeat what I said before of this fellow's article. He is not saying anything that I have not read before from other perhaps more credible sources. With all that in mind that just goes to show that often the zealots actually do have something important, true and relevant to say, but unfortunately that will get lost to people who are seeking more balanced information because of making statements like he allegedly made. just my 2cents.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page