Trace Amounts trailer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

I so looking forwrd to watching this movie

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

interesting that Al is not addressed.... do you believe leaving Al out is a wise choice?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotivast View Post

interesting that Al is not addressed.... do you believe leaving Al out is a wise choice?

I know nothing more about the film than what was shown in the trailer, so I wouldn't know if AI is discussed or not. I gleaned from the eight minute clip that the film maker was harmed by a thimerosal containing vaccine as an adult, so maybe that is why it was the focus.

Personally, I am just as concerned about aluminum.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Im looking forward to seeing it too!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 AM

This trailer gave me goosebumps haha!

One thing that has always stood out to me no matter what side of the vaccine debate that you are on is that even doctors have deferring opinions on the safety of vaccines. With something as commonly given and as publicly declared as "safe and effective", you'd think all doctors would be on the same page, no? Some doctors think all vaccines are safe, some think none are, and some think that only some are safe.

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

One thing jumped out at me from the trailer, at the 43" mark:

Rep. Dan Burton: "Can you tell me, without any doubt whatsoever, that the mercury in vaccines does not cause neurological damage or autism??

Dr. Karen Midthun of the FDA:  "We can neither accept nor reject a causal relationship."

So if the FDA says that they cannot reject a causal relationship, why do prosciencemum and  Rrrrrrachel feel that they CAN reject such a relationship?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

One thing jumped out at me from the trailer, at the 43" mark:

Rep. Dan Burton: "Can you tell me, without any doubt whatsoever, that the mercury in vaccines does not cause neurological damage or autism??

Dr. Karen Midthun of the FDA:  "We can neither accept nor reject a causal relationship."

I could just as easilly ask "So if the FDA says that they cannot accept a causal relationship, why do so many people feel that it's definitely there?"

It's just such a tiny amount of mercury containing salt compared to environmental exposure from other sources (to other kinds of mercury salts, and even metallic mercury which is demonstrably able to be really toxic) that I cannot see how the amount in vaccines can be to blame. 

It's like putting a couple of drops of car petrol into the gulf and blaming that for the environmental disaster instead of the massive BP oil spill. 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

I could just as easilly ask "So if the FDA says that they cannot accept a causal relationship, why do so many people feel that it's definitely there?"

once again you took a question directed at you and twisted it and refused to answer it - spin, diver........................that says it all! 

maybe it best to get answers from a real source, like my eye doctor is a doctor but I don't use her as my gyno - both drs....different fields  -  knowledge of source is key and the other you take with a grain of salt because that is all it's worth thumb.gif

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:

It's just such a tiny amount of mercury containing salt compared to environmental exposure from other sources (to other kinds of mercury salts, and even metallic mercury which is demonstrably able to be really toxic) that I cannot see how the amount in vaccines can be to blame. 

It's like putting a couple of drops of car petrol into the gulf and blaming that for the environmental disaster instead of the massive BP oil spill. 

I think parents (IMO) fear the unknown. Sure, it MAY be safe (which we know it's not, it's a neurotoxin), but the fact of the matter is the FDA doesn't "know" or won't admit to knowing. When it comes to something as serious as injecting a substance into a baby's bloodstream and not knowing the repercussions of those ingredients on the body of a baby, parents have the right to be concerned and to not give their babies those injections. If the FDA doesn't know for sure, what else are parents suppose to think?

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I think the FDA agrees that it's better safe than sorry (despite no evidence of harm). That's why they and other groups recommended removing thimerosol from all childhood vaccines over 10 years ago.

So why are we still discussing this?

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:

I think the FDA agrees that it's better safe than sorry (despite no evidence of harm). That's why they and other groups recommended removing thimerosol from all childhood vaccines over 10 years ago.

Because some people are not convinced its safe - which generates more discussion. You feel it's safe - super. Keep on injecting vaccines with thimerosol into yourself and your children on a regular basis. Since the chapter is closed in your mind and you don't feel like it should be discussed anymore, I'm really confused as to why you keep posting then? How about you don't and leave the thread to those of us that want to keep on talking about it? 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

I think the FDA agrees that it's better safe than sorry (despite no evidence of harm).
Wrong. There is evidence of harm.  It's been posted over and over, and you have no real arguments against it that can't be applied to your own arguments. 

That's why they and other groups recommended removing thimerosol from all childhood vaccines over 10 years ago.

We're still discussing this because thimerosal-preserved vaccines are still given to infants, children, and women in all stages of pregnancy.  By the time a child reaches the age of 18, he may have received 19 thimerosal-preserved vaccines.  It's just amazing that you are unaware of this.  Oh, wait, I forgot--you ARE aware of it.  Can you tell us why you keep pretending you're not?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I don't think she's pretending she's not aware of it - I think she just doesn't think it's a problem. Therefore the discussion should be over. 

User Tag List