"Grassroots" group recruits moms to track their schools vaccine rates... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://news.yahoo.com/social-networks-influence-parents-decision-vaccinate-094532772.html

This article is beyond infuriating. It's not a mom's business how many children in her school are vaccinated for what, last time I checked, that's private information. Being hounded with such information at school is just wrong. The doctor's office is the place to discuss pros and cons of vaccines, not schools. Influences children that way behind parents' back on top of it (as soon as they can read - imagine this campaign in an elementary school) is wrong and borders on indoctrination. This group scares me and if they showed up at my school I'd lawyer up quickly.

#2 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)

Imbedded in that story is the link:

http://www.vaxnorthwest.org/approach

This is what they are up to:

"Recognizing that most parents immunize their children, Vax Northwest is partnering with parents to share information on immunization with their peers in school, child care, and parent groups."

Blech - and way to perpetuate a type of mommy wars.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Coming soon to a Playgroup near you . . . With the amount of mamas MultiLevelMarketing companies can recruit on the promise of a few dollars, direct to consumer Pharm advertising should be no trouble to get spokeswomen for @ all. Expect these type of 'advocates' to show up online too. The press is relentless on this issue. The actress Jenny McCarthy's name appears in a major media publication nearly 1x day now!
#4 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM

I love that the study was so open about calling the two groups 'Conformers' & 'Non-Conformers'. And about using crazy numbers to represent a fundamentally subjective *survey*.
#5 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At least this woman admitted it's propaganda winky.gif

I would like to know how her husband got access to the medical records of all school children?? How could he possible know who is vaccinated and who isn't to create a spreadsheet? If the school shared that information with him, they are breaking the law and I hope some of the upset parents sue the crap out of them. 

nia82 likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM

That was my first reaction too. And I hope a lot of people come away with that creeeeepy idea. But I think what maybe they meant was that he built the spreadsheet for the school to use.

I don't love Bonnie whatever the author. She wrote some really played out articles during the Breastfeeding Time & Formula in Hospitals controversies.
#7 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM

But Gentle Propaganda is an Oxymoron. Propaganda is by nature, violent, forceful. In the world of ideas, propaganda is a bully.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page