This Video Shows Great Proof of Why You Should Vaccinate - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJOqbiLZEBM&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Watch it! This is an educational pro vaccine video with some great information! It is really something to think about.

#2 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Hello! While cannot speak for other forum regulars, I only take medical advice from our family physician and not anonymous online forum users linking to marketing PSAs on You Tube. (And even with my doctor, I reserve the right to informed refusal). Welcome to MDC!

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVaccine View Post

Watch it! This is an educational pro vaccine video with some great information! It is really something to think about.

I'll pass.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVaccine View Post

Sorry, but I've already seen too many commercials for the multi-billion-dollar vaccine industry;  I'm not interested in viewing any more commercials (even if they are pretending to be "information") from their highly-funded marketing division.  I also don't want to watch commercials for Vioxx, anti-depressants, or contraceptive implants.

applejuice and Marnica like this.
#5 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)

OP - your post kind of looked like spam, it would have been good to include more information. 

For everyone else - this seems to be a video made for a class. It is absolutely not a polished advert from a highly funded marketing department. The info on youtube says:

Quote:

This is a PSA about the influenza vaccine made for my Immunology Class at Quinnipiac University.

Professor Cuchara - BMS 375

I think it's sort of cute - I don't mean the message is cute, but how it's made is cute, and I don't hear anything in it which isn't medically accepted advice. They just seem like really ernest young students trying to help prevent people from getting sick. I Googled the university and the class code, and it seems legit: 

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/academics/colleges-schools--departments/school-of-health-sciences/departments--faculty/department-of-biomedical-sciences/bs-in-biomedical-sciences--minor/

So pass if you like, but it's not pharm propaganda, and it's sort of cute as I already said!

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#6 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you! We appreciate your positive feedback. We put a lot of time and work into making the video.

#7 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Thats it, I'm sold. ;)

nia82 likes this.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#8 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM

ProVaccine, I'm wondering how many vaccine-injured people you interviewed before making the video? And did you happen to research any of the cases of vaccine-induced autism that were compensated by the US Department of Health and Human Services in just the last few months? Or the cases of vaccine-induced brain damage, that also happen to include autism, also compensated by the US Dept of HHS?  What about the recent cases settled by HHS of vaccine-induced paralysis?

Did your group look into any of the recent peer-reviewed, mainstream medicine studies that show neurological damage from both thimerosal and aluminum adjuvants used in vaccines?  How about the VAERS database?

Is your group aware that thimerosal-preserved flu shots are given to infants as young as 6 months, and to women in all stages of pregnancy?  Or that some states this year are experiencing a "shortage" of thimerosal-free flu shot, and have relaxed their ban on thimerosal-containing shots for children?

Is your group aware that the Cochrane Review (widely held to be the gold standard of mainstream medical review) has determined that there is no evidence that the flu shot effectively prevents influenza, or complications from influenza, or transmission of influenza?  Yet health care workers are threatened with being fired if they don't submit to this invasive procedure.

I'm also very curious how you happened to find this particular forum, and what prompted you to post here.  This is a debate forum.  Were you hoping to debate parents of vaccine-injured children here?  Or were you simply hoping that your video would convince such parents that they should continue to vaccinate their children in spite of vaccine injuries?

applejuice likes this.
#9 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 AM

Here's a link to Cochrane Collaboration reviews on flu vaccine: 

http://www.cochrane.org/search/site/flu%20vaccine

You are cherry picking the result Taximon. 

Here's a selection of conclusions from reviews at the above link. To be honest the main conclusion is that the data isn't very good on the safety and efficacy of the flu vaccine. But that's very different from saying either than it's unsafe, or that it is completely useless. 

Quote:
Due to the poor quality of the available evidence, any conclusions regarding the effects of influenza vaccines for people aged 65 years or older cannot be drawn. The public health safety profile of the vaccines appears to be acceptable.

Quote:
Vaccination does result in an immune system response to the types of influenza used in the vaccine.

Quote:
There is no evidence to show if regular influenza vaccine benefits people with cystic fibrosis.

Quote:
Based on this review it is not possible to recommend or discourage influenza vaccination in children with cancer being treated with chemotherapy.

Quote:
4% of unvaccinated people versus 1% of vaccinated people developed influenza symptoms

Quote:
in children aged from two years, nasal spray vaccines made from weakened influenza viruses were better at preventing illness caused by the influenza virus than injected vaccines made from the killed virus.

Quote:
In children under the age of two, the efficacy of inactivated vaccine was similar to placebo.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#10 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

You are cherry picking the result Taximon. I do wonder if you are doing this deliberately to misinform, or if you're just parroting something from an anti-vax site which has posted it to deliberately misinform.

Here is a link to a letter to the Vancouver Sun by the lead author of the Cochrane review:   http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Cochrane+review+vaccine+definitive+health+officer+suggests/7543272/story.html#ixzz2Qp0Bq4SG

Here are some of his statements:

"In his Nov. 2 letter to The Vancouver Sun, Dr. Perry Kendall, the provincial health officer for British Columbia, misquotes our work suggesting that our Cochrane review in healthcare workers “reports that vaccinating health care workers protects patients from influenza, pneumonia (a complication of influenza), doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, and even death”.

Our 2010 review concludes no such thing. It is worth reporting a verbatim extract from our conclusions to show just how things can be distorted:

'No effect was shown for specific outcomes: laboratory-proven influenza, pneumonia and death from pneumonia.' 

In other words, we report that no effect of the influenza vaccines was detectable on influenza and its complications such as death."

Now that we've cleared that up, I'd like to suggest that "prosciencemum" stop derailing the thread so that "ProVaccine" can answer my questions.  I think it's very bad form to purposely derail a conversation. "prosciencemum," if you'd like to start another thread about the Cochrane Review of the flu shot, please do feel free.

"ProVaccine," welcome to the forum!  We're awaiting your answers!

#11 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)

Taxi, I also find the Cochrane review quite damning of flu vaccines.

applejuice, Marnica and Taximom5 like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#12 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM

I'm still hoping "ProVaccine" will come back and answer my questions.  thumb.gif

#13 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 PM

You do realise they're undergraduate students who made (and presumably posted) this video. So they could be as young as 17. So not that you'll listen to me, but I'd really like to encourage you more than usual to try to be nice even if you disagree with the message they're trying to spread.
One_Girl likes this.

#14 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Quote:

You do realise they're undergraduate students who made (and presumably posted) this video. So they could be as young as 17. So not that you'll listen to me, but I'd really like to encourage you more than usual to try to be nice even if you disagree with the message they're trying to spread.

I agree.

To clarify:  I do not think anyone on this thread has been mean.  I am preemptively saying we should not go there, that newbies and young ones (is that ageist? probably)  are deserving of a bit of leeway.  Naturally, if provax decides to post again, the gloves will be off. wink1.gif

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#15 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:

They may be undergrads, but they dove head first into the shark's tank with their video. I hope that Provac took sometime to read the boards to further his/her education in vaccinations. Taximom's questions would have been a good place to start.

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#16 of 17 Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

While Vaccinations Discussion and Debate does allow for more pointed statements we draw the line at accusations and attacks.

prosciencemom, your statements are veiled accusations, trying to skirt around the guidelines. Not cool. Stick to the topic and stop talking about the individual and questioning intent or you will be removed from the discussion.

#17 of 17 Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 AM

Taximom - I'm sorry I wondered out loud about your motivations for posting what you post. That was out of line. I have edited my post to comply with the UA. I'm kind of surprised Cynthia didn't ask for that as that seems typical, but I've done it anyway to try to be a better citizen of MDC. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page