Mothering community strongly against pro-vaccine advocacy not in UA? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 05-04-2013, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymama1976 View Post

While this is true, the same argument goes for spanking and genital cutting. No parent ever wakes up saying: "What a wonderful day to harm my baby, I feel like I should take him in for circumcision." If you ask parents who cut, they will tell you that they circumcised their son because they love him and want the best for him. Of course we know the truth about genital cutting because we spent countless hours researching the topic, but they don't. Same with spanking.

I just don't think the three items can be compared. For instance, you can't "selectively" circumcise or spank. And spanking by nature is done with intent to harm. The pain (physical or emotional) makes the behavior stop, which is the idea.

That being said, I do think Mothering should discuss all three openly and without judgment but with intent to educate. No one learns from having a wagging finger pointed at them. They just shut down. I don't make the rules in this forum, though.

Anyway, like I have said I do not vax my son. But I have family and friends that do. We are able to discuss it for the most part without fighting. All the fighting does is end the discussion and the opportunity for change.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#62 of 75 Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

You really have it in for religion, don't you?

Just because you were raised Jewish doesn't make it alright to trash their beliefs. I was raised Catholic, but you don't see me making fun of the Catholic faith. So fine, you dislike most religions, but making fun of them is not acceptable here. Your posts about religion are offensive.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#63 of 75 Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Germ Theory as a reason to vaccinate is a weak theory. Vaccines depend on The Germ Theory to be true in order to justify how vaccines work. Someone asked how can one not believe in the Germ Theory. To respond, I'll quote myself from a different thread: 

When a human is naturally exposed to germs that occur in nature, that human may NEVER develop the disease that supposedly that germ "causes". So the germ really doesn't "cause" disease, if that person never develops the disease after germ exposure. 

Since the beginning of human existence, it has been a regular occurrence where everyone in a social setting is exposed to said "deadly plague" germs, but some people will develop disease and some people will never develop the disease. The PR industry uses the Germ Theory to promote vaccines & they love to $ignore$ this fact. Just because a germ is present, it does not automatically mean that it will be the causative agent for disease.

But, the PR industry and any other supposedly "independent third-party" endorser who pretends to have $no conflict of interest$ (i.e. FDA, CDC & any other applicable foundation or organization; just insert the name here)...they will sure do everything in their power to get you to believe that germs are the causative agents, as long as commercial value remains (i.e. vaccines).

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#64 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Thank you!

kathymuggle likes this.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#65 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 AM

Hey, DHinJersey, you should probably read the user aggreement...
kathymuggle likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#66 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

Hey, DHinJersey, you should probably read the user aggreement...

We're in the debate thread. I believe I'm perfectly entitled to debate. Sorry you don't like having your worldview challenged.

#67 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 AM

I don't mind having my view challenged at all. But there are rules in the user agreement that keep me from bringing up religion and also making personal attacks.
Marnica and kathymuggle like this.

joy.gif

#68 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
nm

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#69 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 AM

It only gets like this in the vax threads.
#70 of 75 Old 05-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Let's get this discussion back to the topic and away from individuals. If it turns directly personal again, posting privileges will be removed. 

#71 of 75 Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

It can be kind of frustrating if you want to come to an alternative site where the mainstream opinions are not the ones constantly being pushed and debated, but at the same time, it's probably a good idea to have an open forum where debate is encouraged on controversial topics. Would be if this meant ALL!  It's probably not helpful to people here in the moment, but ultimately I believe it will lead to people at least being more accustomed to the fact that people have a seriously different take on the same situation, and changes will happen down the road, in other generations.

my issue exactly - alternative with really mainstream opinions when other alternatives are out there

I feel most people are well aware that other do have different opinions, your mind can be as open as can be, but when you don't want mainstream opinions and a site is promoting them, they eventually stop being a voice for alternative thought and those who support alternative opinions. 

Mirzam and BeckyBird like this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#72 of 75 Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

my issue exactly - alternative with really mainstream opinions when other alternatives are out there

I feel most people are well aware that other do have different opinions, your mind can be as open as can be, but when you don't want mainstream opinions and a site is promoting them, they eventually stop being a voice for alternative thought and those who support alternative opinions. 

Is there someone forcing you to read the Mindful Vacciation board?
Turquesa and Imakcerka like this.
#73 of 75 Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

Is there someone forcing you to read the Mindful Vacciation board?

from your post I do get that you must favor who should and should not be members- nice to know

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#74 of 75 Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

from your post I do get that you must favor who should and should not be members- nice to know

Not at all. I just don't understand why anyone would choose to read a forum that obviously bothers them so much. I would suggest the same thing to a die-hard vaccine supporter, that staying out of the I'm Nox Vaxing forum to avoid unnecessary stress.
#75 of 75 Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

Not at all. I just don't understand why anyone would choose to read a forum that obviously bothers them so much. I would suggest the same thing to a die-hard vaccine supporter, that staying out of the I'm Nox Vaxing forum to avoid unnecessary stress.

It would seem some people cannot help themselves. Although I think those that post in said forums don't find it stressful, in fact I think they get kind of a kick out of stirring things up. (at least this was before the posting rules were tightened up a bit. 

Mirzam likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page