Need Detox Help Quick! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My friend's infant son has had a rash and double ear infection for almost 40 days straight. No meds are helping the ear infection and her elimination diet is not helping him either.  After a blood draw it was found he is allergic to peanuts. I believe he is having a reaction to his shots - as this all started right after his last doc appt where he received his shots and because of the thread I read on peanut oil in the vaccine.

I need info to give her on how to detox him. Or if anyone else has any suggestions on how to get this out of his system and hopefully help with the rash. I need it quick, like I said, its been 40 days already!

(I don't want to start a debate on the peanut oil / vaccine or anything else. Just need detox info thanks)

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#2 of 5 Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Is your friend breastfeeding?

#3 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Check with your doctor if there is peanut oil. Check anywhere except online. I suspect you'll find it's a no. I hope she gets better soon, but don't trick yourself into thinking its a vaccine reaction.

Ps. You can post to inv if you want to ask for info like this with no debates.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#4 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Since testing showed sensitivity to peanut mom should also remove any products containing peanut oil. Soy is also thought to be cross reactive to some people with peanut allergy.

Many pharmaceutical and OTC Medications (internal and external), diaper creams, and infant vitamin drops can also contain peanut oil. The label might read arachis or ground nut, but that is peanut.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2083790/?report=classic

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(05)65675-9/fulltext

http://www.safemedicationuse.ca/alerts/alerts_CARNConsumerswithAllergies.html
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have absolutely no idea how to detox an infant, and by the other responses, I'd say nobody else does either.

In my opinion, anybody who has received vaccinations needs to detox regardless of peanut oil.  It's terrible he is suffering like that.

I suggest trying to find a naturopath who works with infants.  This may not be an easy task, but you may find one who is willing to reach out to their contacts and educators and try to help you with it. 

If it was an older child, I would say cut out any questionable diet and environmental stuff and start them on greens, psyllium seed and bentonite clay, but I have no idea how safe that would be for an infant or how you would get it in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Is your friend breastfeeding?

This is an important factor because in order to stop the ingesting of allergens (if that is the issue), the Mom should cease intake of them.

I would be really curious to find out if you do end up able to get any information on detoxing an infant.

applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page