Traveling to Italy for about 6 months, is vaccination required for myself or my kids? - Mothering Forums
Vaccinations > Traveling to Italy for about 6 months, is vaccination required for myself or my kids?
andreamotherof2's Avatar andreamotherof2 09:58 PM 07-30-2013

I currently have an almost 3 y/o and an almost 1 y/o. I'm wondering if they are MANDATED by law to get vaccinated to travel to Italy or back into the U.S.

If you have any links that can support your answer that would help me out greatly! Thanks!

ma2two's Avatar ma2two 10:56 PM 07-30-2013

No vaccines are required for travel to Italy from the U.S., or to the U.S. from Italy.

There are only 2 required vaccines for travel to certain countries. They are yellow fever for travel to certain South American and African countries, and meningococcal to Saudi Arabia during certain religious holidays.

stephanie25's Avatar stephanie25 10:31 PM 01-25-2014

I'm assuming you've gone and returned by now. Hope you had a great trip! Wow!

I'm responding for others with a similar question. CDC.gov has the "official" last word on who requires what vaccine. That said, my son while in college spent a semester in Switzerland where there was an outbreak of measles. When the home college realized we were serious about no vaccines, they relented but said that he needed a dr's note claiming he was free of measles before returning to class. Since we were already at the dr's, we asked and were given the note. It was never used and he graduated with honors (2011). :-)

Up