IJME - "to save 350 lives from Hib disease, 3125 children will die" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Indian Journal of Medical Ethics - "If the birth cohort of 25 million were immunised and 1 per every 8000-10,000 of the babies vaccinated were to die of AEFI (adverse event following immunisation), about 3125 children would die from AEFI. It is apparent that to save 350 lives from Hib disease, 3125 children will die from the adverse effects of the vaccine."

http://ijme.in/213ed142.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
What vaccine has an adverse event of death at that rate?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In the first paragraph of the article it describes a pentavalent vaccine consisting of DTP, HepB, and HiB. It has not yet been cleared for use in the US.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Paper written by Jacob Puliyel who may (or may not - I couldn't find the source) have invented data which has been used to suggest that Bill Gates was trying to kill Indian babies by funding Polio vaccines. 

We had an extensive discussion of his earlier (less than high qualtiy) work here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1376211/bill-gates-confronted-on-nearly-48-000-indian-children-becoming-paralyzed-after-vaccine

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

User Tag List