a right to know - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

86Likes

#91 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
I totally agree I am so happy that my unvaxxed kids had a very mild, nuisance case of whooping cough and now have 60 or so years of immunity. During the recent outbreak at my DD's high school all but one of the cases were in the FULLY vaccinated, the other case was in her completely unvaxxed friend who now also has long term immunity. DD will be able to protect her unborn children, and my DS won't be passing it on to his future kids either.
applejuice likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#BeBrave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
The vaccine is about 60% effective. Even in cases where it doesn't completely protect a child, it still significantly reduces the risk of developing severe illness , reduces the risk of hospitalization, and greatly reduces the duration of coughing. The vaccine is absolutely worth it and certainly better than nothing at all.
To the extent that my kids are vaxxed for pertussis, I would have to agree.

But no one is entitled to vaccinate a population with 6o% effectiveness and then go blaming the non-users when the vaccinated get the targeted disease. That is the fault of the product, and the manufacturing companies that, last I heard, are exerting no effort in developing an improved product.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
Private Parts are Private Property!
#93 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
I'd buy this for my kids, but they are old enough to speak up for themselves!

applejuice and SilverMoon010 like this.

#BeBrave
#94 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
I'd buy this for my kids, but they are old enough to speak up for themselves!

Exactly. It's up to the individual if they choose to wear a bracelet or not. No one should be "made" to wear one because someone else feels "uncomfortable" not knowing someone else's vax status. How nosy, and a total impingement on privacy!
Mirzam likes this.
#95 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Quoted: 2982 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

I know some unvaxed kids who had pertussis. It was a nuisance, no more, and now they have long-term immunity.
I'll put it this way. If there was a vaccine that had a likely side effect of 3+ months of coughing so violently that a person could pass out, lose control of their bladder, vomit, and break ribs I don't see anyone here signing up for it.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

I'm a mom to two great kids and a wife to an amazing husband
I'm also proudly #teamvax
#96 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll put it this way. If there was a vaccine that had a likely side effect of 3+ months of coughing so violently that a person could pass out, lose control of their bladder, vomit, and break ribs I don't see anyone here signing up for it.
The only people I know of who had pertussis that bad...were vaccinated. One of them quite recently. She was pretty angry and disgusted.
Mirzam and EMRguy like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...)
#97 of 97 Old 09-18-2015, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Quote:
Here is my concern with vaccines: that a unspecified number of people (probably small - but no good way of measuring it) have a significant, permanent and life changing reaction to vaccines.

Yes, I will take the above over a significant and permanent vaccine reaction.

Add in other factors:
-60% efficacy
-effectiveness of vaccine only lasts 5 years, at most.
-assuming serotyope replacement is true, those who are vaxxed are at much higher risk for repeat cases of pertussis
-many vaxxed adults can and sadly do transmit pertussis to infants, the same cannot be said of those who have had wild pertussis to the best of my knowledge.

...and yup, more taking of the above.
Deborah and EMRguy like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page