Complicated question about "catching up" a 5 and 8 y/o who have had earlier vaxes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi there,

We have decided to finally catch our 2 boys up with the required school vax schedule. This, in and of itself, is not a problem.

The problem is that my boys have each gotten some vaccines in the past few years. However, they have gone to school w/ a physical form signed by a physician who does not know about their vaccine history. That is, the school has only ever seen a blank school physical form along with a letter stating that we don't vaccinate for religious reasons.

So... I guess what I'm wondering is whether we should expect problems next fall when the boys go to school w physicals that reflect vaccinations that were received prior to this year. I mean, in a sense, we have committed fraud, right?

Can this be a big problem? Or does nobody care?

Full-time-working student mama to some sweet spring babies... DS1 (4/05) DS2 (4/08) and now expecting #3 in May 2015 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bumped your other thread but I'll bump this one two. I'd think between the two you ought to get a response.

smile.gif
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks, mamazee!

I did discuss this with a doula-friend of mine who had a similar story and told me that no one-not the school, not DCFS, NO ONE-batted an eye when they submitted their physical with the full vaccine history. Her feeling is that they just want to see that it's complete--no one is looking for fraud...

FWIW...

Full-time-working student mama to some sweet spring babies... DS1 (4/05) DS2 (4/08) and now expecting #3 in May 2015 !
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm curious about this too, as we will be in the same position at some point!

My guess is that probably they will not at all care *what* the paper says so long as it meets the requirements one way or the other. School nurses expend massive amounts of energy chasing down parents for incomplete files... I'm betting they will just be happy if you submit paperwork on time smile.gif

Give an update sometime?

Mama to DD (7), DS (4), DD (2) and a new little one expected July 2015!

User Tag List