New study : "No Serious Adverse Reactions to HPV Vaccination" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

double post

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM

At least the Japanese goverment is taking the number of vaccine injuries from the two HPV vaccines seriously

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/10/16/national/cervical-cancer-vaccination-probe-kicks-off/#.Ul_-f5TcrMM

Quote:

Two groups set up by the health ministry have started full-scale studies of whether cervical cancer vaccines are directly linked to severe pain that has affected some young women.

The two groups will collect data through clinical studies at 17 hospitals nationwide. The group led by Shinshu University professor Shuichi Ikeda will extend its studies to cerebral and neural areas, while the other, headed by Aichi Medical University professor Takahiro Ushida, will seek ways of easing the pain through cognitive behavioral therapy, as well as look into the causes.

There were 155.7 reports of side effects per million for one of the vaccinations, and 245.1 for the other. This is 20 to 30 times higher than for flu vaccines.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

At least the Japanese goverment is taking the number of vaccine injuries from the two HPV vaccines seriously

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/10/16/national/cervical-cancer-vaccination-probe-kicks-off/#.Ul_-f5TcrMM

The article also says "About 2,700 women die of cervical cancer each year in Japan. The Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology urged the health ministry in August to promptly resume recommending cervical cancer vaccinations once their safety is confirmed, saying their effectiveness and safety are recognized worldwide.

There is this article too http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/social_affairs/AJ201306150057  which states "So far, an estimated 3.28 million people have received the vaccination. However, 1,968 cases of possible side effects, including body pain, have been reported.

The ministry’s task force discussed 43 of those cases. However, a cause-and-effect relationship between the vaccination and the pain and numbness could not be established, so the task force members called for further studies by the ministry." 

43 out of 3.38 million doses is 0.0013%.  Seems pretty illogical since the article then goes on to say that close to 3,000 women A YEAR die from cervical cancer in Japan.  

In fact, the Health Ministry failed to provide us with data concerning the level of these side effects in the general population. Nor how soon after vaccination. Nor anything potentially useful in a scientific analysis. 

By the way, the World Health Organization still recommends the HPV vaccine

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

:laughThat says a lot.

t

Old 10-19-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

So, NVers, which scenario do you think is more likely from post #13 of this thread??? Hmmmmm??! I don't see anyone responding?? Why haven't you guys responded?? I'm waiting!!! 

(See how obnoxious this is?) 

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 10-19-2013, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:

So, NVers, which scenario do you think is more likely from post #13 of this thread??? Hmmmmm??! I don't see anyone responding?? Why haven't you guys responded?? I'm waiting!!! 

(See how obnoxious this is?) 

Oh, I will answer it. 

Unless we are missing information (which is very possible) I think it is highly doubtful someone got meningitis from a vaccine months ago.

Taxi also addressed it - she wondered if we were missing information.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 10-19-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Oh, I will answer it. 

Unless we are missing information (which is very possible) I think it is highly doubtful someone got meningitis from a vaccine months ago.

Taxi also addressed it - she wondered if we were missing information.  

Thanks for answering. The two options in post #13 were actually in response to Taxi's post, so she didn't directly address it at all. 

Don't you think that the parents would tie the vaccine closest to the onset of the meningitis if trying to make a connection between it and the vaccine? It seems illogical that they would pick a vaccine that happened 5 months before the onset of meningitis vs a vaccine that was administered 1 month before the onset, or one week before the onset etc.  So I don't really find the argument that there could have been additional doses in between a very convincing one, because the closest date is the one that would have been used if trying to argue causation. 

Old 10-20-2013, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks for answering. The two options in post #13 were actually in response to Taxi's post, so she didn't directly address it at all. 

In post #12, I raised a dozen questions about information that is key to assessing the situation. The 2 options in post #13 were both grossly oversimplified guesses as to what the real situation was, without considering a single one of my questions in post #12.

Edited (and also clarified) per CM's request
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

You believe that posting a "which do you prefer, A or B?" response to my post somehow erases my response, which addressed the fact that key information is missing?

One of the two options described was using your scenario vs another more realistic scenario and asked which one you thought was more logical. You didn't directly answer the question, which is what I said.   I am also curious if you disagree with my point about there being additional vaccine doses in between the meningitis and the gardasil vaccine discussed being illogical? 

Old 10-20-2013, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

One of the two options described was using your scenario vs another more realistic scenario and asked which one you thought was more logical. You didn't directly answer the question, which is what I said.   I am also curious if you disagree with my point about there being additional vaccine doses in between the meningitis and the gardasil vaccine discussed being illogical? 

No, sorry, teacozy, you can't switch the focus like that and expect that nobody will notice.

I have no idea what you are describing as "my scenario," because I didn't have one.  I addressed the issue by stating that there is clearly a lot of key information missing.   

You tried to twist the issue into a question of which one of two possible scenarios is more likely, which is both ridiculous and irrelevant, since key information is missing. It doesn't matter which scenario you, or I , or anybody, thinks is more logical. The only thing that matters is what really happened (which likely doesn't involve either of the two scenarios you describe), and we can't find that out.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

No, sorry, teacozy, you can't switch the focus like that and expect that nobody will catch you.

I have no idea what you are describing as "my scenario," because I didn't have one.  I addressed the issue by stating that there is clearly a lot of key information missing.   

You tried to twist the issue into a question of which one of two possible scenarios is more likely, which is both ridiculous and irrelevant, since key information is missing. It doesn't matter which scenario you, or I , or anybody, thinks is more logical. The only thing that matters is what really happened (which likely doesn't involve either of the two scenarios you describe), and we can't find that out.

I'm not switching the focus. You have *not* answered the question directly. If you believe you have, please show me where you stated that you believe that either A or B is more plausible. That's all I'm saying.  So, to clear this all up, why don't you just answer the question? I mean do I have to link the thalidomide thread from last week to show you that this is *exactly* the kind of thing that was demanded of me? I HAD to answer either Yes or No.  I also tried to explain I wasn't really familiar with the topic and didn't have all the information necessary to simply answer yes or no. The links I saw were not evidence, they were news articles that provided *no* sources for any of the claims they made.  Nope. Still borderline harassed over and over by multiple people to ANSWER YES OR NO.  So, why haven't you answered the question? Just state A or B. It's not hard! Go on! I'm waiting!  Again, do we all understand how obnoxious this kind of questioning is? 

Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Posting to remind everyone that personally pointed remarks are inappropriate and may result in restriction from the thread or suspended from posting to the forum.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Taximom, please edit your posts to remove the personally negative remarks made toward teacozy. I've issued you one infraction. Please edit to avoid receiving another and being removed from this thread. 

teacozy, please edit your posts as well where necessary to remove the quotes of Taximom's personally pointed remarks and your responses to them.

User Tag List