best links for starting points on the debate....? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all.  I did my research and made the decision not to vax long ago. (and after much more research I became 100% anti vax)  I also have not been to MDC in a while and everything has definitely changed.  There used to be pinned threads at the top of the vaccination forums--they were an awesome starting point for me to send people because they included healthy debate, as well as numerous links to reputable sources.  My partner is 100% on board with every other aspect of natural family living (he's planned a birthing suite [for when I'm eventually working as a midwife] in our future home :swoon: )  He is well aware of my stance on vaccines.  While I've discussed it with him some, and have numerous books on the subject in my home, I'd love to find some of the best links here to send him to first. 

When I came to MDC I was totally on the other side of the fence when it came to vaccines. There were lots of factors that led to me researching vaccines further and it was a long road to reach my current stance.  About halfway through- when I became really serious about looking into BOTH sides,  I read through pages and pages of threads and debates here- which led me to websites for the CDC, FDA, all of the vaccine manufacturers, and VAERS. 

Can you all provide me with some of your best links on the debate? I'm asking here instead of the non-vax forum because I don't want one-sided information.   I think it was my research of all the pro vaccine information I could find that really solidified my stance to NOT vaccinate.  TIA :)

#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/category/vaccines/

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
#3 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Well OP....you will certainly get nothing but sarcasm and dirision against any and all things that even give off the slightest whiff of being "alternative" from "Orac" I would NOT consider him to be a good place to go for points to this debate at all. The FDA, CDC, etc absolutely. This guys mission is life is the S**T all over anything non-mainstream and he will not be shy about telling anyone who reads his blogs and sites that proponents of alternative therapies (and those who approach vaccines with skeptisism and caution) are just a bunch of lunatics. You know as someone on the fence and doing my research, this guy would turn me off just as much as Offit did/does. Any person that is so invested in trying to make others feel bad/stupid/wrong for the choices they make without knowing ANYTHING about those choices is someone's whose advice and expertise should be avoided IMO. This goes for both sides. These people are called ZEALOTS

kathymuggle likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Well OP....you will certainly get nothing but sarcasm and dirision against any and all things that even give off the slightest whiff of being "alternative" from "Orac" I would NOT consider him to be a good place to go for points to this debate at all. The FDA, CDC, etc absolutely. This guys mission is life is the S**T all over anything non-mainstream and he will not be shy about telling anyone who reads his blogs and sites that proponents of alternative therapies (and those who approach vaccines with skeptisism and caution) are just a bunch of lunatics. You know as someone on the fence and doing my research, this guy would turn me off just as much as Offit did/does. Any person that is so invested in trying to make others feel bad/stupid/wrong for the choices they make without knowing ANYTHING about those choices is someone's whose advice and expertise should be avoided IMO. This goes for both sides. These people are called ZEALOTS

OP stated she already read info from the CDC, FDA etc.  She said she wanted links to the vaccine debate. SBM has a lot of great information. 

At least it's better than directing her to the many popular anti vaccine sites that believe, among other things, that there are government child snatching agencies, that the illuminati exist, that the government is orchestrating measles outbreaks as a secret plot to get people to vaccinate, that the flu vaccine is actually a secret contraceptive, that HIV is a harmless virus that doesn't turn into AIDS and sites that think that the royal family are lizards.   

I'll take SBM over those, thanks. 

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page