"Setting the record straight, debunking ALL the flu vaccine myths" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

66Likes

#31 of 60 Old 11-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post

Oh, totally agree. I'm just pointing out that the CDCs own statements about lack of evidence etc is not surprising to me

I'm not surprised, either, and I totally get what you're saying.

This being the case, the blogger has no business using such absolutist rhetoric about how pregnant women just HAVE to get vaccinated. Where there are still unknowns, pregnant women should be informed of these unknowns and have the freedom to choose accordingly. My pregnant friend's employer, a major hospital, didn't give her this choice. irked.gif
applejuice likes this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 60 Old 10-18-2015, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
Boosting up this thread because here we are in influenza vaccination season again and the push for vaccines during pregnancy is stronger than ever this year.
applejuice likes this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...)
#33 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
If we wanted to resuscitate this thread, we could nitpick Haelle's article until the cows come home.

Quote:
Myth #14: The flu vaccine can cause neurological disorders. (No, it can’t.)
Yes. It can. And absolutely nothing she writes debunks the claim that it can.

And before anyone pounces in with that canard about package inserts being little made up fairy tales to protect already-indemnified drug companies from imaginary lawsuits that have never happened since before 1986 . . . note that the link is from the vaccine coercionists at Immunization Action Coalition.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
#34 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
#35 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Quoted: 3072 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
If we wanted to resuscitate this thread, we could nitpick Haelle's article until the cows come home.

Yes. It can. And absolutely nothing she writes debunks the claim that it can.

And before anyone pounces in with that canard about package inserts being little made up fairy tales to protect already-indemnified drug companies from imaginary lawsuits that have never happened since before 1986 . . . note that the link is from the vaccine coercionists at Immunization Action Coalition.
It is certainly not a "canard". It is factually true that adverse events don't have to be scientifically shown to be causally associated to a vaccine to be included on the insert.

For example, your link (which took me to an FDA website) specifically says it is a temporal association. Temporal =/= causal. Thanks for proving my point!

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

I'm a mom to two great kids and a wife to an amazing husband
I'm also proudly #teamvax
#36 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 AM

temporal equals possibly related.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#37 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Quote:
Myth #14: The flu vaccine can cause neurological disorders. (No, it can’t.)
There is no evidence that the flu vaccine can cause neurological disorders, but there is evidence that influenza can. Meanwhile, children with neurological disorders or other neurodevelopmental conditions are especially encouraged to get the vaccine because they are at a higher risk of complications from influenza than other children. Almost half of the children who died from the flu during the 2009 season had underlying neurological disorders, such as epilepsy or cognitive dysfunction.
I haven't gone through the rest of the "myths," but I wonder what this blogger would have said if someone presented her with the information that the swine flu vaccine caused neurological damage, Guilain-Barre syndrome, and narcolepsy, 2009 (strange she mentioned 2009 as her argument because that was the increased reports of narcolepsy caused by the influenza H1N1 vaccine), both neurological disorders. Remember the swine flu fear that made many people rush to get the vaccine? The vaccine that had numerous problems? Looks like people who subjected themselves to those vaccines may not have thought it would cause such neurological disorders either. I guess these flu vaccines don't count in her mind for some reason. Maybe it's because drug companies learned their lesson and now make flu vaccines with a no-neurological-damage shield on them???? Don't think so.

Either way, it's obvious vaccines can cause neurological damage. Even the CDC says so. I guess she doesn't believe it?

So how are flu vaccines exempt from causing neurological disorders again? She didn't make that abundantly clear.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vacci...llainbarre.htm

Quote:
On[/url] very rare occasions, they may develop GBS in the days or weeks after getting a vaccination

Quote:
An increased risk of narcolepsy was found following vaccination with Pandemrix, a monovalent 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine that was used in several European countries during the H1N1 influenza pandemic. Narcolepsy is a chronic neurological disorder caused by the brain’s inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/con...lepsy-flu.html

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-19-2015 at 11:19 AM.
#38 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010 View Post
I haven't gone through the rest of the "myths," but I wonder what this blogger would have said if someone presented her with the information that the swine flu vaccine caused neurological damage, Guilain-Barre syndrome, and narcolepsy, 2009, both neurological disorders. Remember the swine flu fear that made many people rush to get the vaccine? The vaccine that had numerous problems? Looks like people who subjected themselves to those vaccines may not have thought it would cause such neurological disorders either. I guess these flu vaccines don't count in her mind for some reason. Maybe it's because drug companies learned their lesson and now make flu vaccines with a no-neurological-damage shield on them???? Don't think so.

Either way, it's obvious vaccines can cause neurological damage. Even the CDC says. So how are flu vaccines exempt from causing neurological disorders again?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/con...lepsy-flu.html
If you read the link, it says only the 1976 swine flu vaccine has ever been shown to cause GBS (1 additional case per 100,000 people). The swine flu vaccine is a totally separate vaccine from the annual flu vaccine. The annual flu vaccine does not protect against swine flu at all. "On very rare occasions, they may develop GBS in the days or weeks after getting a vaccination" is again a temporal association, not causal.

From the CDC:

"Temporally associated Guillain–Barré Syndrome (GBS) cases following IIV have been observed/reported; gastrointestinal and upper respiratory infections are known risk factors for GBS, which is a serious neurological condition that can cause paralysis.

Safety monitoring of seasonal IIV over the course of many years has not detected a clear link to Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS).

Each year, about 3,000 to 6,000 people in the United States develop GBS whether or not they received a vaccination — that's 1 to 2 people out of every 100,000 people.

For comparison, an estimated 750 per million adults are hospitalized with seasonal influenza each year; many of these cases could be prevented by vaccination. In addition, studies suggest that the risk of developing GBS after having influenza is higher than the potential risk of developing GBS after vaccination.1"

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals...ine_safety.htm

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

#39 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
If you read the link, it says only the 1976 swine flu vaccine has ever been shown to cause GBS (1 additional case per 100,000 people). The swine flu vaccine is a totally separate vaccine from the annual flu vaccine. The annual flu vaccine does not protect against swine flu at all. "On very rare occasions, they may develop GBS in the days or weeks after getting a vaccination" is again a temporal association, not causal.

From the CDC:

"Temporally associated Guillain–Barré Syndrome (GBS) cases following IIV have been observed/reported; gastrointestinal and upper respiratory infections are known risk factors for GBS, which is a serious neurological condition that can cause paralysis.

Safety monitoring of seasonal IIV over the course of many years has not detected a clear link to Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS).

Each year, about 3,000 to 6,000 people in the United States develop GBS whether or not they received a vaccination — that's 1 to 2 people out of every 100,000 people.

For comparison, an estimated 750 per million adults are hospitalized with seasonal influenza each year; many of these cases could be prevented by vaccination. In addition, studies suggest that the risk of developing GBS after having influenza is higher than the potential risk of developing GBS after vaccination.1"

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals...ine_safety.htm
They are talking about the seasonal flu vaccine below. it's clear there is a risk of GBS. We cannot deny this, as I see your post above even reiterates the fact that there is a risk of GBS, which negates also what the blogger is saying, in which she states there is zero risk. Also, your quotes above indicate they haven't detected a "clear link." That certainly doesn't mean there is no link. It sounds as if they haven't quite figured it out yet and that statement is pretty vague if you ask me. I'm actually not going to read her myths any further at this point.

Quote:
In addition to the normal vaccine safety monitoring systems, CDC has proactively put additional monitoring systems in place to ensure safety after licensing. Some of these systems include: actively observing persons in defined geographic areas, collaborating with professional organizations for reports of any adverse events after vaccination, and conducting thorough investigations when severe adverse events occur to determine whether they may have been associated with the vaccine. Through these numerous approaches, we are able to detect any possible risk of GBS that might be associated with the 2014-2015 flu vaccines as early as possible and take appropriate action

Whether you want to admit it or not, there is a risk of neurological disorders after flu vaccines. You didn't address the narcoleptic episodes after the 2009 vaccine either, H1N1. If the blogger wanted credibility, and if she wanted to appear well-informed, she would have gave explanations for the neurological disorders occurring in the swine flu vaccine since she mentioned 2009. It appears she wanted to ignore the fact that flu vaccines, swine flu or not, cause neurological damage. .
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-19-2015 at 11:47 AM.
#40 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
They are talking about the seasonal flu vaccine below. it's clear there is a risk of GBS. We cannot deny this, as I see your post above even reiterates the fact that there is a risk of GBS, which negates also what the blogger is saying, in which she states there is zero risk. Also, your quotes above indicate they haven't detected a "clear link." That certainly doesn't mean there is no link. It sounds as if they haven't quite figured it out yet and that statement is pretty vague if you ask me. I'm actually not going to read her myths any further at this point.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there is a risk of neurological disorders after flu vaccines. You didn't address the narcoleptic episodes after the 2009 vaccine either, H1N1. If the blogger wanted credibility, and if she wanted to appear well-informed, she would have gave explanations for the neurological disorders occurring in the swine flu vaccine since she mentioned 2009. It appears she wanted to ignore the fact that flu vaccines, swine flu or not, cause neurological damage. .
Nope. It says that studies have not shown a link between the seasonal flu vaccine and GBS. The quote you pasted specifically says that their monitoring could pick up any "possible risks" that "might" be associated with the 2014-2015 flu season, not that any risk has actually been found.

As the link from the OP says "...GBS risk has probably been the single most studied adverse event from the flu shot in the history of flu shot research, and the majority of it has shown no increased risk with seasonal flu vaccinations. One study that investigated the risk of GBS from the flu shot among more than 30,000 million “person-years” (30 million people over an 11-year period) found no increased risk for the flu shot. Based on numerous studies, the independent Institute of Medicine “concluded that there was sufficient evidence to reject an association between influenza vaccination and GBS.”

Per your narcolepsy quote, that is again not talking about the seasonal flu vaccine! That was an H1N1 vaccine that was used in only certain parts of the world and was a separate vaccine from the seasonal flu vaccine.

Surely you see the difference between these two statements:

1) A specific H1N1 vaccine that was separate from the annual flu vaccine that was used in a limited part of the world nearly 7 years ago was shown to cause an additional 3-7 cases of narcolepsy per 100,000 vaccinated children. ("It was not used before 2009 or since the 2009-2010 season, and no links to narcolepsy have been found for US-manufactured H1N1 or seasonal flu vaccines.")

and

2) The seasonal flu vaccine causes narcolepsy.

So the headline "Myth #14 : The flu vaccine can cause neurological disorders" is accurate.

That members here seem to be lumping the H1N1 vaccine, Swine Flu vaccine, and seasonal flu vaccine together as one vaccine despite being completely separate vaccines is not the bloggers fault.

Last edited by teacozy; 10-19-2015 at 12:31 PM.
#41 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
temporal equals possibly related.
It really doesn't. It means happened near in time.

For example - today I sneezed, and immediately afterwards it rained. There was a temporal connection between those events. They were not related however.
teacozy likes this.
#42 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 12:42 PM

You don't know if something is related or not until you investigate.

For example, I fell down in a parking lot last January. This happened after I stepped on a patch of ice.

Temporally and causally related.

You sneezed. Temporally but NOT causally related.

It isn't always obvious, however, and dismissing inconvenient data because it undermines sales of pharma products seems to be a popular game these days.

prevent it
#43 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Nope. It says that studies have not shown a link between the seasonal flu vaccine and GBS. The quote you pasted specifically says that their monitoring could pick up any "possible risks" that "might" be associated with the 2014-2015 flu season, not that any risk has actually been found.

As the link from the OP says "...GBS risk has probably been the single most studied adverse event from the flu shot in the history of flu shot research, and the majority of it has shown no increased risk with seasonal flu vaccinations. One study that investigated the risk of GBS from the flu shot among more than 30,000 million “person-years” (30 million people over an 11-year period) found no increased risk for the flu shot. Based on numerous studies, the independent Institute of Medicine “concluded that there was sufficient evidence to reject an association between influenza vaccination and GBS.”

Per your narcolepsy quote, that is again not talking about the seasonal flu vaccine! That was an H1N1 vaccine that was used in only certain parts of the world and was a separate vaccine from the seasonal flu vaccine.

Surely you see the difference between these two statements:

1) A specific H1N1 vaccine that was separate from the annual flu vaccine that was used in a limited part of the world nearly 7 years ago was shown to cause an additional 3-7 cases of narcolepsy per 100,000 vaccinated children. ("It was not used before 2009 or since the 2009-2010 season, and no links to narcolepsy have been found for US-manufactured H1N1 or seasonal flu vaccines.")

and

2) The seasonal flu vaccine causes narcolepsy.

So the headline "Myth #14 : The flu vaccine can cause neurological disorders" is accurate.

That members here seem to be lumping the H1N1 vaccine, Swine Flu vaccine, and seasonal flu vaccine together as one vaccine despite being completely separate vaccines is not the bloggers fault.
Nope. Not lumping them together. I know the difference.

It appears you have rose-colored glasses when it comes to the way the CDC presents informstion, such that when the CDC states they are looking for "possible" links or risks, you take that as there are no links. I take that as there are possible links and risks and to be prepared of a possibility of GBS after vaccination, no matter how small. Knowing the CDC is monitoring for GBS in terms of the flu vaccine, and the fact it states GBS on the flu vaccine insert, if I got the flu shot and GBS shortly thereafter, I'd say it was the vaccine that caused it.

I'm glad we are on the same page of admitting the H1N1 vax caused neurological disorders. All I hear is denial that vaccines cause any wrongdoing (and the downplaying of those injured by vaccines as well). I'm reading the bloggers myth regarding the flu vaccine as no vaccines could cause neurological disorders and have never caused neurological disorders, but seeing that that's not the case then I assume she'd be able to admit that neurological disorders HAVE occurred after vaccination, specifically types of influenza vaccination (H1N1)That was my point, that vaccines have been known to cause neurological damage!!! Doesn't matter how long ago or where. Can you at least agree that vaccines can and have caused neurological disorders? If it happened in the past, can you verify or confirm the certainty of never happening in the future? You and the blogger really can claim that there is zero chance of acquiring a neurological disorder after vaccination, flu vax or whatever?
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-19-2015 at 01:40 PM.
#44 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brain-damag...sation-1438572
Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get £60 Million Compensation
applejuice and SilverMoon010 like this.
#45 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM

How utterly weird, that the HHS would pay out for GBS if there is solid evidence that there is NO connection. http://www.mctlawyers.com/vaccine-injury/cases/

True, this is a lawyers site, but they link the actual cases. So they aren't making them up just to get clients.

Quote:
Respondent denies that the flu vaccine caused Petitioner’s GBS, or any other injury, and denies that his current disabilities are sequelae of a vaccine-related injury. Nonetheless both
parties, while maintaining their above-stated positions, agreed in a stipulation (filed June 23, 2015) that the issues before them could be settled, and that a decision should be entered awarding Petitioner compensation. I have reviewed the file, and based upon that review, I conclude that the parties’ stipulation (as attached hereto) is reasonable. I therefore adopt it as my decision in awarding damages on the terms set forth therein.
The stipulation awards:
 A lump sum of $96,320.00 in the form of a check payable to Petitioner.
So it is all coincidence disorder, but we'll hand over almost $100,000. Very odd.

prevent it
#46 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 06:31 PM

Added to the Injury Table https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qx3Jbg&cad=rja

Lots of careful language. But they do admit that there is a clear risk with one vaccine and possible risk with the regular seasonal vaccines.

prevent it

Last edited by Deborah; 10-19-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: add a bit
#47 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Added to the Injury Table https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qx3Jbg&cad=rja

Lots of careful language. But they do admit that there is a clear risk with one vaccine and possible risk with the regular seasonal vaccines.
No it wasn't added to the injury table. Link to 2015 vaccine injury table http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...jury-table.pdf

Looks like from your 2 year old link that they were in the process of looking at the evidence and ultimately decided that the evidence did not show a link.

#48 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't added to the injury table. Link to 2015 vaccine injury table http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...jury-table.pdf

Looks like from your 2 year old link that they were in the process of looking at the evidence and ultimately decided that the evidence did not show a link.
Thanks for catching my error and sorting it out, teacozy.

We still have the small problem of all of those GBS cases receiving awards following influenza vaccination. True, HHS denies any connection, but they were paying.

Went back to the lawyers page and did a count. They got payouts for 30 cases of GBS following influenza vaccine in 2015. The table got changed in 2014. I don't think it matters when the injury occurred in terms of how the table rules are applied. See Brusewitz (sp?), the injury had happened years earlier, but they changed the table right before her case was evaluated and she was refused compensation.

Despite the lack of table acknowledgement, a steady stream of payments for GBS continue to flow to the victims of coincidence disorder temporally following vaccines which you and the CDC and HHS are all sure are not related.

I call foul. People should not be getting compensated for coincidence disorder.

prevent it

Last edited by Deborah; 10-19-2015 at 07:33 PM.
#49 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for catching my error and sorting it out, teacozy.

We still have the small problem of all of those GBS cases receiving awards following influenza vaccination. True, HHS denies any connection, but they were paying.

Went back to the lawyers page and did a count. They got payouts for 30 cases of GBS following influenza vaccine in 2015. The table got changed in 2014. I don't think it matters when the injury occurred in terms of how the table rules are applied. See Brusewitz (sp?), the injury had happened years earlier, but they changed the table right before her case was evaluated and she was refused compensation.

Despite the lack of table acknowledgement, a steady stream of payments for GBS continue to flow to the victims of coincidence disorder temporally following vaccines which you and the CDC and HHS are all sure are not related.

I call foul. People should not be getting compensated for coincidence disorder.
As has been pointed out probably a hundred times on this forum: court rulings are not evidence. Judges are not medical experts. Science is not determined in the court room.

Let's see how logically consistent you are. Do you consider the many instances where the vaccine court ruled that a child's vaccines did not cause autism to be definitive proof and evidence that it didn't? Do you consider the Omnibus Court proceedings that ruled against a link between vaccines and autism to be scientific evidence that they do not cause autism?

Last edited by teacozy; 10-19-2015 at 07:46 PM.
#50 of 60 Old 10-19-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
As has been pointed out probably a hundred times on this forum: court rulings are not evidence. Judges are not medical experts. Science is not determined in the court room.

Let's see how logically consistent you are. Do you consider the many instances where the vaccine court ruled that a child's vaccines did not cause autism to be definitive proof and evidence that it didn't?
That isn't what I'm saying.

I'm saying that IF the science is solid and there is NO evidence that GBS can occur after vaccination, then all of these cases are coincidence disorder and they shouldn't be paying out all that money for coincidence disorder.

The HHS process is supposed to include evaluation of the medical evidence and the Special Masters are well qualified to review such medical evidence. They do it all day. Every day.

I'm beginning to get the hang of how this works. The influenza vaccines are all included in the Table, which means that compensation is available. There are no Table injuries, which means that AUTOMATIC compensation is not available.

Until a vaccine is in the table it is harder to get compensation, although I'm not sure it is impossible.

The autism cases fall into a very special category and were not handled in the way that regular cases, like these GBS cases are handled, so I don't think it makes a good parallel.

For example, one of the people who testified on the side of HHS was Fombonne, the guy who lied about his education attainments. They wouldn't bother bringing in someone like that for an ordinary GBS case, would they?

prevent it
#51 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

@Deborah

What *I'm* saying is that whether the vaccine court compensates people for GBS after the flu vaccine is completely irrelevant as to whether the vaccine actually causes it or not. There is no point in even bringing it up is my point.

#52 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
@Deborah

What *I'm* saying is that whether the vaccine court compensates people for GBS after the flu vaccine is completely irrelevant as to whether the vaccine actually causes it or not. There is no point in even bringing it up is my point.
This woman won a settlement of $11.6 million for developing Guillain-Barré syndrome weeks after vaccination. I guess her case against the vaccine went pretty darn well. It is stated that the facts were clear against the flu vaccine in her case. This article is not antivaccine by any means. I'd say there is a point to bring it up when a woman is being compensated millions for the vaccine causing GBS.

Quote:
Sarah Behie's symptoms started nearly three weeks after she got a flu shot.

The nurse's aide at Lehigh Valley Hospital noticed that her knees and arms hurt and that her limbs felt weak.

As the pain and weakness grew worse, the 20-year-old was admitted to the hospital and later diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare neurological condition that would leave her partially paralyzed and living in hospitals and nursing homes for nearly four years...On Tuesday, attorneys Lawrence Cohan and David Carney of Philadelphia announced they had negotiated a settlement that will provide up to $11.6 million over Behie's lifetime to pay for her ongoing medical care.

The settlement, to be paid by the tax-funded National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, will also provide Behie more than $1 million for her lost wages, pain and suffering and other medical expenses.

Behie's settlement is the result of a safety net created by Congress a quarter century ago to spread the cost of those risks and ensure that vaccine manufacturers can keep doing business.

Carney estimated Behie's settlement is in the top 20 percent of all awards from the vaccine compensation program. In her case, the government chose not to defend the case, but instead devote its resources to negotiating an appropriate settlement, he said.

The facts in her case were clear, Carney said. Behie had been a healthy, working woman; the onset of her symptomsclosely matched the time frame described in medical literature for cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome caused by flu vaccine; and there was no other explanation for her illness
http://articles.mcall.com/2014-06-10...urers-flu-shot

Quote:
A 20-year-old Lehigh Valley woman who walked into a doctor's office for a flu shot and left with a debilitating disease that rendered her paralyzed and unable to feed herself reached an $11.6 million settlement that will be paid over her lifetime to cover her medical expenses.

Sarah Behie received her shot in 2010 as a requirement for work, and a week later began

displaying flu-like symptoms. A couple weeks later, she experienced pain and weakness in her limbs and was eventually diagnosed with Guillian-Barre Syndrome, a neurological condition that can be a rare side effect of the flu vaccine. There is no cure, but rehabilitation programs can help patients eventually recover from even the most severe cases, according to the National Institute of Health.
http://pennrecord.com/stories/510554...ion-settlement

Here's a link to her attorney's article regarding the case:

http://central-pennsylvania.legalexa...vaccine-claim/

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-20-2015 at 10:45 AM.
#53 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Amazing the amount of money the government is willing to pay out for coincidence disorder.

Once again, if HHS could solidly demonstrate that none of these GBS cases are connected to the flu shot, they could save millions. Seeing that they are pretty tough on claimants whenever possible, this all smells a bit funny.

One or two or three cases could be just a bit of generosity from the Special Masters, but 30 cases approved in 2015 from just one law firm seems over-the-top.

If it really is coincidence disorder, they shouldn't be conceding and paying.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#54 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 05:51 PM

Just occurred to me. I wonder if they are afraid that if they dismiss some of these cases that the people involved will go ahead and sue the manufacturers and be able to do discovery and stuff...

That could be a disaster for the flu vaccine program, which is a major government project at this point, sucking up billions of dollars each and every year.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#55 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Amazing the amount of money the government is willing to pay out for coincidence disorder.

Once again, if HHS could solidly demonstrate that none of these GBS cases are connected to the flu shot, they could save millions. Seeing that they are pretty tough on claimants whenever possible, this all smells a bit funny.

One or two or three cases could be just a bit of generosity from the Special Masters, but 30 cases approved in 2015 from just one law firm seems over-the-top.

If it really is coincidence disorder, they shouldn't be conceding and paying.
According to this vaccine attorney, vaccine cases involving the flu shot are common and often successful.

Quote:
If you have received a flu shot and developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) or the more chronic form Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) in the days or weeks later should contact the Law Offices of Leah V. Durant PLLC today. Vaccine cases involving flu vaccine and GBS/CIDP are common and are often successful
Quote:
In many cases, the vaccine injured victim will have to present evidence that the injury was caused by the vaccination in order to receive compensation
http://vaccinelaw.com/lawyer/Flu-Vac...nt_cp11731.htm

There is no way these cases of GBS are being compensated without signs pointing to the vaccine as the cause. So, they're just feeling generous, throwing money around compensating these people complaining about the vaccine causing GBS with nothing to back up their claims?. Don't think so. I think they'd be more than happy to save their money and give these people the boot if their claims were bogus and didn't fit the criteria of a vaccine injury.
applejuice, Deborah and serenbat like this.

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-20-2015 at 06:21 PM.
#56 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Quote:
So, they're just feeling generous, throwing money around compensating these people complaining about the vaccine causing GBS with nothing to back up their claims?. Don't think so. I think they'd be more than happy to save their money and give these people the boot if their claims were bogus and didn't fit the criteria of a vaccine injury.
No, just easier to "settle"! So I here.

Some magic is fiction, other is REAL magick!

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

#57 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 PM

I'll save teacozy some time.

Court cases don't count. Court cases don't count. Court cases aren't science.

And I'll add that the HHS does employ a few scientists. If they could dodge this pile of conceded cases they would.

prevent it
#58 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll save teacozy some time.

Court cases don't count. Court cases don't count. Court cases aren't science.

And I'll add that the HHS does employ a few scientists. If they could dodge this pile of conceded cases they would.
All the more reason to have a vaccine court, so nothing really is real!
#59 of 60 Old 10-20-2015, 07:52 PM

Yep. Concede the case but don't admit anything and then seal the record so that the data which should be analyzed by scientists so that vaccines could be improved and made safer is unavailable.

Brilliant system if you want to be able to keep on claiming that vaccines are safe.

prevent it
#60 of 60 Old 10-21-2015, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
All the more reason to have a vaccine court, so nothing really is real!
I know. Reading the posts in this thread defending vaccines makes me feel like I'm in some kind of Twilight zone, where nothing you see is real. It feels a bit like a nightmare to be honest. Severe adverse reactions listed on vaccine inserts doesn't mean the vaccine can cause them, so if someone experiences one of those severe reactions shortly after vaccination, the correlation-doesn't-equal-causation argument steps in, major compensation for vaccine injuries doesn't mean it was the vaccine that caused them because courts cases don't prove anything (even if there is a clear link the vaccine did cause them!), people claiming they were sickened by vaccines are all just lying, and whatever other excuses proponents have (there are many) are all just excuses to explain any type of injury after vaccination away. It's an easy way out to close down very true and real concerns about vaccines. Quite scary.

Sugar coating and wrapping it up with a bow to make it more attractive can only work for so long. People start to tune out when their real concerns about vaccines and injuries are being dismissed and ignored.

Last edited by SilverMoon010; 10-21-2015 at 05:24 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page