CDC slow down - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)

http://medcitynews.com/2013/10/shutdown-freezes-cdcs-flu-surveillance/

An article on the Federal shutdown and its impact at the CDC, and flu watch programs.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)

So what's the debate? 

“What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?” ~ Steven Novella
#3 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)

There isn't much of one at this point. Shrug.  I just thought those who follow vaccine topics may be interested.  Mods can move it if they like. 

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The article is from a while ago so I don't know if it's still relevant, but it is interesting because I was looking at cases in my state so far this fall and there have been none.  None.

I was happy because I haven't gotten a shot yet, but perhaps the 0 is due to poor surveillance rather than no reported cases.  I believe it's the state doing the testing, but now I have to go check!

Recommended Reading
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page