Yellow Fever Vaccination and Disease Info - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey there! We are a non-vaxxing family but our wonderfully nanny is a vaxxer. She is going on a trip to Peru in a couple weeks and was thinking of getting the Yellow Fever vaccine since she is going to be in the jungle for a few days. She asked me about it because she knows I get concerned about shedding, plus she was wondering if it would even be effective since she's leaving in two weeks. Should she have gotten it sooner?

My understanding is that even though it is a live vaccine since it is only transferable by mosquito then it's not a problem as far as shedding is concerned. We have a newborn in the house, FYI.

Any info you all can share is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping I can get some good responses without stirring any debate. :-)

Thanks!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)

OT:  I just stalked your user name and found out you had a baby boy!!!jumpers.gif

Many congratulations.

Kathy

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 11-08-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, Kathy!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

User Tag List