Internet Vaccine Stalkers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Attention everyone:

People are reading the MDC vax forums, then repeating the conversations on their own sites. Just know that whatever you type here WILL be repeated and mocked on other "skeptic" sites. Remember the bullies from middle school? Well, I would like to introduce you to the new class of bully--the middle-aged internet bully.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Apparently, they have no valid arguments, so they resort to mocking and bullying.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Thanks, Becky.  I know and have known for awhile.  It never hurts to remind newbies, though. 

I am not sure I want to give skeptic sites traffic, but if anyone needs proof it has hapenned, and recently, please pm me.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's ok. Its good to spread the word. If they feel so defensive about it, its because either they are protecting money and/or they don't want to admit that they poisoned/damaged/maimed someone with vaccines.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Old 12-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

I know at least one of the sites you're thinking of, and yes, she's on a tear this week, largely on a theme of "don't recommend that people lie."  Some of that has hit MDC, and the non-vax dialogue here.

Here's my thing - I know this person's tone is abrasive (and I can think of several reasons why this person might have chosen an abrasive tone, the key one being that drives web traffic), but not all the true and important things that could be said are nice to hear.  If you publicly take leave of your ethical and legal senses, I think it is pretty darn fair for someone to stand up and publicly call you on it. 

There is only a limited extent that this kind of truth-telling is possible on MDC itself  - threads have a way of getting sanitized; sanitization tends to remove important context, and key information.  In the face of this kind of moderation strategy, a network of reactionary sites has evolved, some of which were explicitly started to discuss and dissect MDC (others just drifted that direction).  This network, in turn, drives traffic to MDC, which needs traffic to raise ad revenue.  Perversely, MDC is thus rewarded for every infuriating thing the moderators do, and for every time someone on one of the related sites gets PO'd.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Im an open minded individual and have long sat on the fence of vax or no vax. Every time I read something like what she writes though, it sets me more firmly on the non vax side of the fence because the tone is so hostile. That said, its not hard to get an exemption despite what he would have you believe. I submit an exemption for my own vaxes for college (state uniersity) every year, no fuss.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

Old 12-27-2013, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post

Here's my thing - I know this person's tone is abrasive (and I can think of several reasons why this person might have chosen an abrasive tone, the key one being that drives web traffic), but not all the true and important things that could be said are nice to hear.  If you publicly take leave of your ethical and legal senses, I think it is pretty darn fair for someone to stand up and publicly call you on it. 

Who are you to judge what is someone's ethical and legal senses? Would you like it directed at you?

For someone to go off because of another person's post and have to post it as a thread on your own blog, it means you lack substance on your own - IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post

Perversely, MDC is thus rewarded for every infuriating thing the moderators do, and for every time someone on one of the related sites gets PO'd.

Would make it seem like someone did this intentionally!…………………………………………………. Oh wait, maybe that is what many feel did happen! 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 12-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post

Here's my thing - I know this person's tone is abrasive (and I can think of several reasons why this person might have chosen an abrasive tone, the key one being that drives web traffic), but not all the true and important things that could be said are nice to hear.  If you publicly take leave of your ethical and legal senses, I think it is pretty darn fair for someone to stand up and publicly call you on it. 

nm.  Good to know where you stand.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

For someone to go off because of another person's post and have to post it as a thread on your own blog, it means you lack substance on your own - IMO

:yeah

Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

nm.  Good to know where you stand.

like your first reply but I go with this too! :wink 

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 12-27-2013, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

Who are you to judge what is someone's ethical and legal senses? Would you like it directed at you?

Law and ethics are matters of social agreement, so we do all get to judge what happens in front of us.  It's been my experience that I don't enjoy negative judgments on those grounds directed at me, and that's one of the reasons I aim to behave ethically, morally and legally.  (A much larger part is that I prefer living in a civilized society - these judgments, like taxes, are required to sustain it.)  I prefer to call people on these things when I see them, and I've certainly taken plenty of flak for doing that here.

I am so lacking in substance that I, personally, blog about once a month.  In a good month. 

Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM

I am not sure where to put this as the topic is on a few threads, but think it best fits here.

I would appreciate it if MDC removed links posted here to threads outside MDC where members are being mocked.

I understand that MDC cannot control what is written on other sites.  I know that what I post here may be cut and pasted elsewhere and dissected.  I have made my peace with that, although I think those who mock others behind their backs are pretty scuzzy. That is on them, however, not me.

I do think MDC should strive to make this a safe place to post.  MDC does control the content of this site, and leaving up a link to a site where a thread is actively ridiculing a member and words said here, is wrong, IMHO.  It does not create a safe atmosphere.  

We have lost a few non -vax members (it is always non-vaxxers who are the victims of this kind of crap) over the years to this type of trolling.  Some of it is beyond MDC's control, but some  is within MDC's control.

(edited out specific link)

Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Mods:  I would appreciate it if you remove the link to Skeptical OB where one of our members is being mocked.  Feel free to remove this request if you do so.  

:yeah

&

Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Forgot that was up. I edited it smile.gif

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

Forgot that was up. I edited it smile.gif

Thanks, tea.  I appreciate the act of good will.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

To be entirely fair, I've seen vaccine opponents doing the same thing with posts by vaccine proponents.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:22 PM

As Becky put it - People are reading the MDC vax forums, then repeating the conversations on their own sites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcanaknight View Post

To be entirely fair, I've seen vaccine opponents doing the same thing with posts by vaccine proponents.

Acanaknight what site(s) are you talking about where you have seen MDC treads?

&

Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcanaknight View Post

Acanaknight what site(s) are you talking about where you have seen MDC treads?

I am also interested in knowing…..

Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
I keep up with a lot of different vaccine critical sites and I've never seen anyone publicly criticizing a vaccine supporter from MDC. I have encountered a couple of private criticisms, but I think that what people say in a more private setting is a different problem.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I keep up with a lot of different vaccine critical sites and I've never seen anyone publicly criticizing a vaccine supporter from MDC. I have encountered a couple of private criticisms, but I think that what people say in a more private setting is a different problem.
I remember on fb a while back a male member here, named two female members here on his fb rant..and named the forum too, with a link.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
There are also MDC stalkers that think MDC is too pro-vax. For instance:

"I'm done there. I first started out there, but recently they changed the rules that allows all posts. The forum has been swamped with people claiming to be researchers or doctors and they claim all sorts of crap and advocate universal mandatory vaccination and such. It is a shame, it used to be a very nice forum that in the main area allowed for discussion, but not such things as mandatory vaccines, and the subforum I don't vaccinate was a place to talk freely. It is no longer so. I know that "officials" hated MDC for harboring anti-vaccine thoughts... I wonder if they finally cracked down on it. I noticed that lots of posters who used to be active threw the towel. This forum is now the most supportive non-vax group on the internet, and no doubt they'll try to bring this down too. Sad today."

http://community.babycenter.com/post..._vaccine_forum.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamsmar View Post

"I'm done there. I first started out there, but recently they changed the rules that allows all posts. The forum has been swamped with people claiming to be researchers or doctors and they claim all sorts of crap and advocate universal mandatory vaccination and such. It is a shame, it used to be a very nice forum that in the main area allowed for discussion, but not such things as mandatory vaccines, and the subforum I don't vaccinate was a place to talk freely. It is no longer so. I know that "officials" hated MDC for harboring anti-vaccine thoughts... I wonder if they finally cracked down on it. I noticed that lots of posters who used to be active threw the towel. This forum is now the most supportive non-vax group on the internet, and no doubt they'll try to bring this down too. Sad today."

A RANT from 2011 IMO has nothing to do with stalking or this thread.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
A RANT from 2011 IMO has nothing to do with stalking or this thread.
There was no time limit in the OP, so you are OT by imposing a time limit. You are trying to put a statute of limitation on this, but there is none on this awful crime!

This was STALKING as defined in the OP, not just a rant
Old 08-14-2014, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Complaining about MDC is a bit different than naming members, writing a hit piece about them, then making fun of them with a group of others.
If a vaccine skeptic did this about a provax member here, that would be considered internet stalking too (at least in my opinion.)

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
There was no time limit in the OP, so you are OT by imposing a time limit. You are trying to put a statute of limitation on this, but there is none on this awful crime!

This was STALKING as defined in the OP, not just a rant
I find the "time" to be important.

Do you know this site changed hands /ownership? So to me it's not relevant what happened in 2011 or could have happened to the person prior, I don't even know the exact date.

This side also changed this section in a major overhaul, I feel that too factors into things and again, I found it to be a rant and from years ago and not current nor relevant today.

Frankly I have NO clue what you are even talking about it being "stalking". The link you posted (with the quote) says NOTHING about stalking, it talked about a person who is upset there were changes to mothering.
How does that make it stalking??

Quote:

&

Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
I find the "time" to be important.

Do you know this site changed hands /ownership? So to me it's not relevant what happened in 2011 or could have happened to the person prior, I don't even know the exact date.

This side also changed this section in a major overhaul, I feel that too factors into things and again, I found it to be a rant and from years ago and not current nor relevant today.

Frankly I have NO clue what you are even talking about it being "stalking". The link you posted (with the quote) says NOTHING about stalking, it talked about a person who is upset there were changes to mothering.
How does that make it stalking??

Funny, the OP on of this thread did not say it was not stalking unless the post mentioned "stalking". But your are saying it's not stalking if either it was posted after 2011 or the post does not say anything about stalking. So stalkers are not stalker unless they talk about stalking, huh? Wanna make up any more new rules about what is stalking and what is not?
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 PM

Having fun, tadamsmar?

There is a long history of people taking quotes from MDC, putting them on other sites and mocking them heavily. On the vaccine forums, it almost exclusively happens to non-vaxxers, and it can be quite hurtful.

You are either ignorant of this, in which case I can assume you are bored and posting without fully understanding the history, or you know full well the history, but think it is fine to mock peoples pain.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post
I remember on fb a while back a male member here, named two female members here on his fb rant..and named the forum too, with a link.
I've just recently come back after several years of inactivity so I guess I missed that!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Having fun, tadamsmar?

There is a long history of people taking quotes from MDC, putting them on other sites and mocking them heavily. On the vaccine forums, it almost exclusively happens to non-vaxxers, and it can be quite hurtful.

You are either ignorant of this, in which case I can assume you are bored and posting without fully understanding the history, or you know full well the history, but think it is fine to mock peoples pain.

But it OK when anti-vaxers go to other sites and criticize what is said on MDC, right? It's bad that pro-vaxers have a long history of that but it's OK that anti-vaxers were doing that way back in 2011. If one brings up the long history of anti-vaxers doing that then the post si too old, right?

I think I see where you are coming from.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:38 PM

Alas, if you are going to criticize vaccines you've just got to be prepared to be attacked.

User Tag List