Unvaccinated Kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post

Taxi--what did you mean by "did the mother recieve Rhogam during her pregnancy?" I understand your dental work question (amalgams causing mercury leaching through the placenta in large amounts) but why Rhogam? It does not contain thimerasol nor any other "bad" preservatives.

Prior to 2003, Rhogam was preserved with thimerosal.  12.5 mcg per dose (unless it wasn't properly shaken, in which case, who knows how much or how little...)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The things I learn on MDC! Really. I love all the knowledge on here. I started midwifery school in 2004, so all I ever learned (and advised clients) was that Rhogam was thimerasol free. I had no idea of the shady past. Thanks for the education. Really.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

The doctor who delivered my babies AT home had a very conservative protocol with rhogam. He ordered titres at each prenatal visit.  If there was a problem, rhogam WAS given.

At birth, a cord sample was taken. If there was a problem - mixing of blood - rhogam was given in 72 hours.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do a cord blood sample at birth too. But it's given at 28 weeks to all Rh negative women. Insurance will not cover tires and it's really not a titre anyway, it's more like an antigen sensitivity test

But there is no thimerasol in it anyway these days.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

As I understand from past reading and research, the 28 week shot is in case the mother has bled or fallen and protects the next baby, not the one the woman is presently pregnant with.

What am I missing here?

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations , Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination , Saying No To Vaccines , Vaccine The Controversial Story Of Medicines Greatest Lifesaver , Vaccinations A Thoughtful Parents Guide How To Make Safe Sensible Decisions About The Risks Benefits , Autism , Autism Encyclopedia The Complete Guide To Autism Spectrum Disorders
User Tag List