Confused about the debate - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Thimerosal papers

http://www.ashotoftruth.org/thimerosal-papers

Thimerosal is said to be safe because nobody has ever studied it. Meet "Nobody" - Frank Engley, PhD - the researcher that found thimerosal to be unsafe at 10ppb in 1957. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

You see the Coalition For Mercury-Free Drugs as being "obviously biased," even though, as far as I can tell, they are not in a position of financial conflict of interest.

However, the CDC and FDA are staffed by people who are, more and more often, in a position of financial conflict of interest.  I have not seen you refer to the CDC as being obviously or even possibly biased; indeed, you seem quite offended by Mirzam's frustration by what seems to be a double standard.

Asking for an original source with full text for an article that was posted does not seem like a double standard to me.

I am going to drop this conversation, as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere helpful at this point.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss834 View Post

Asking for an original source with full text for an article that was posted does not seem like a double standard to me.

I am going to drop this conversation, as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere helpful at this point.

So you don't care that this information (danger of thimerosal containing vaccines to infants) was covered up by the CDC? Does not the integrety of a governmental (military) organization not impact the validity of their research and therefore impact one's ability to have informed consent? Is it not a matter of trust?

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 02-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Frank Engley, PhD - the researcher that found thimerosal to be unsafe at 10ppb in 1957. 

At 5:35

"We were able to do work on the human tissue cells. And we found out that the thiomersal was the most toxic of the chemicals, and that it would be toxic down to, not grams, not milligrams, not micrograms, but nanograms, parts per billion, which was almost unbelievable, but it was true."

For reference, flu vaccines contain 50 micrograms thimerosal. In 2009-2010, pregnant women were injected with 100 micrograms of thimerosal, because of the separate H1N1 and regular flu shots.

User Tag List