Tylenol, not vaccines causes autism? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hardly hear much about this discussion, instead the controversy always surrounds the vaccines itself. Why? Interesting article, particularly the brief mention of autism in Cuba vs USA, and the use of Tylenol in conjunction with vaccines. Your thoughts?

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/Acetaminophen.asp
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)

The research does not say vaccines do not cause autism, they did not examine it, but that the use of acetaminophen in conjunction with vaccines could be driving the autism rate to epidemic levels in the US.

Quote:

However, a topic much less frequently addressed in association with autism is the therapies that are given in conjunction with vaccines. The practice of prescribing acetaminophen as a prophylactic fever preventative is widespread in the United States but is very uncommon in Cuba (personal communications, Dr Olympio Rodriquez Santos MD, MSc, Allergist, Camaguey, Cuba). In the United States, some physicians have started to advise parents to begin to take acetaminophen prophylactically daily 5 days prior to childhood vaccines; some children on such prophylactic treatment had an autistic regression that began prior to vaccination (personal communication, Kerry Scott Lane MD, Anesthesiologist, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA). In Cuba, acetaminophen is not approved as an over-the-counter (OTC) product, however, it has been available as an OTC product since 1959 in the United States. Furthermore, in Cuba, prophylactic use of antipyretic drugs is not the standard medical treatment for vaccine-related fever (personal communications with Dr Olympio Rodriquez Santos). If high fever continues after vaccination in Cuba for more than 2 days, the parents are advised to visit the physician's office where the drug metamizole is most commonly prescribed. Prescription of acetaminophen in such cases is rare. Metamizole is used in many countries throughout the world but is banned in the United States and some other countries because of a rare association with agranulocytosis.

The take home message for me is, if you vaccinate, never give acetaminophen in conjunction with vaccines. The autism rate in Cuba is 278 times lower than in the US.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Autism doesn't have just one cause. Tylenol and/or vaccines, and/or other environmental assaults cause autism in genetically/epigenetically susceptible children.

I agree that much more attention should be given to Tylenol. I warn people about Tylenol when I have the opportunity.

#4 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

Autism doesn't have just one cause. Tylenol and/or vaccines, and/or other environmental assaults cause autism in genetically/epigenetically susceptible children.

I agree that much more attention should be given to Tylenol. I warn people about Tylenol when I have the opportunity.

This. Autism isn't even one thing. Should be referred to as autisms.

applejuice likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)

Op, if you are looking into autism triggers, I would also suggest researching gthe role of anti-depressents in autism:

http://www.madinamerica.com/2014/01/antidepressants-pregnancy-autism-time-worry/

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#6 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Another resource for the OP (if she is looking into autism triggers)

Germline Exposures (epigenetics)

http://www.germlineexposures.org/

applejuice likes this.

#7 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 PM

More info: MTHFR, autism, glutathione and acetaminophen.

http://glutathionepro.com/mthfr-autism/

http://www.mtwholehealth.com/2013/07/just-say-no-to-tylenol-acetaminophen-causes-autism

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.

#8 of 19 Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

This. Autism isn't even one thing. Should be referred to as autisms.

I totally agree.

applejuice likes this.
#9 of 19 Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

More info: MTHFR, autism, glutathione and acetaminophen.

http://glutathionepro.com/mthfr-autism/

LOVING!  I was a bit of an acetaminophen junkie in my mid-late 20's whenever I had a migraine (which was increasingly common and intense as I aged) - Excedrin Migraine was my go-to, until the day I realized it took me almost 6 pills - 3x the dosage - to even touch the pain.  Got back to a chiropractor but still had them, finally started going to an ND and that's when I first heard about MTHFR and how I most likely had it.  Removed gluten (was already dairy free for DD's sake) and viola! No more migraines.  Haven't gotten back in there to talk with her about my actual genetic results, but I have been taking the methyl b12 and feeling great.  Now I need to read up on this glutathione especially knowing what shape my liver is probably in from all the Excedrin!

applejuice likes this.
#10 of 19 Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)

mitochondrial disorders

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#11 of 19 Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

But vaccines do not cause autism.

http://4allofyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/vaccines-do-not-cause-autism.html?m=1

Mirzam and bruna like this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#12 of 19 Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 AM

Theoretical aspects of autism: Causes—A review

Could the human DNA in the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccines be a cause of the rise in autism?

ETA: Dr Albert Enyati, father to an autistic son, in his testimony to the IACC two days ago, demanded that the question of human DNA in vaccines be researched with regard to autism. His English is a little hard to understand, but his testimony is powerful.

applejuice likes this.

#13 of 19 Old 04-13-2014, 09:49 AM

MSG and autism?

http://www.msgtruth.org/autism.htm

In 2006 which showedglutamate was elevated in the brains of autistic males. In 2007 it was discovered that some autism genes code for glutamate synapses. Currently, nutrition experts teaching parents to cook for autistic children, specifically avoid free glutamate and MSG in the diet as well as gluten and casein, which are also sources of free glutamate.  Unfortunately, the MMR vaccine currently contains free glutamate as a preservative and was added to these vaccines in 1988 after the patent was granted in 1982.

The Tylenol connection:

Children given Tylenol with their vaccines were SIX TIMES more likely to develop autism than children given ibuprofen (which is a glutamate BLOCKER).  This is key - because Tylenol, like excess MSG, lowers glutathione levels. 

SF chemists cures daughter's autism by cutting out MSG  (why would anyone give a young child MSG-laced food in the first place?)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/calif-biochemist-cutting-msg-cured-daughter-autism-article-1.1729667

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.

#14 of 19 Old 04-13-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

MSG and autism?

http://www.msgtruth.org/autism.htm

In 2006 which showedglutamate was elevated in the brains of autistic males. In 2007 it was discovered that some autism genes code for glutamate synapses. Currently, nutrition experts teaching parents to cook for autistic children, specifically avoid free glutamate and MSG in the diet as well as gluten and casein, which are also sources of free glutamate.  Unfortunately, the MMR vaccine currently contains free glutamate as a preservative and was added to these vaccines in 1988 after the patent was granted in 1982.

The Tylenol connection:

Children given Tylenol with their vaccines were SIX TIMES more likely to develop autism than children given ibuprofen (which is a glutamate BLOCKER).  This is key - because Tylenol, like excess MSG, lowers glutathione levels.

SF chemists cures daughter's autism by cutting out MSG  (why would anyone give a young child MSG-laced food in the first place?)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/calif-biochemist-cutting-msg-cured-daughter-autism-article-1.1729667

This is great info! I graduated high school with a girl who's younger brother was autistic and she's always scoffed the connection between vaccines and autism when I post things on my FB - but we were 83' and he would have been born sometime after 86/87' putting him right in line to receive a glutamate MMR.

MSG gives me horrendous headaches! DH and I made tacos once using a seasoning packet that contained MSG - first and last time, I wanted to die before the meal was even over!   But they still sell straight up MSG by the gallon-ish at the grocery store, I seem to have deleted the pic I took but it was horrible to see it hangin out in the spice aisleduh.gif

Mirzam and applejuice like this.
#15 of 19 Old 04-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:

MSG is hidden in many different ingredients. 

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

applejuice likes this.
#16 of 19 Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

MSG is hidden in many different ingredients. 

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

I am well aware of this information. I guess my standards are higher than the vast majority, but I took great pains to prevent, to the very best of my ability, my children as babies or toddlers from eating anything with 'ingredients', ie everything they ate was made from scratch by me. Of course as they got older things got much laxer.

applejuice likes this.

#17 of 19 Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is Calpol (UK) the same as Tylenol (US)? Because if so (and I think it is...It's Paracetamol which isn't that British for Acetaminophen? I just came back from there visiting family and I noticed that Calpol seemed to be the only pain med/fever reducer I could find for babies. I never had to give it thankfully but my DDs both got a very uncomfortable virus while we were there and I wanted to have some sort of pain med on hand for them for when we came back on the plane if their ears hurt. But all I could find was Calpol! And right on the bottle it says "for fevers resulting from vaccination or illness." I would have never known to avoid it if not for this forum, thank you.
kathymuggle likes this.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#18 of 19 Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post

Is Calpol (UK) the same as Tylenol (US)? Because if so (and I think it is...It's Paracetamol which isn't that British for Acetaminophen? I just came back from there visiting family and I noticed that Calpol seemed to be the only pain med/fever reducer I could find for babies. I never had to give it thankfully but my DDs both got a very uncomfortable virus while we were there and I wanted to have some sort of pain med on hand for them for when we came back on the plane if their ears hurt. But all I could find was Calpol! And right on the bottle it says "for fevers resulting from vaccination or illness." I would have never known to avoid it if not for this forum, thank you.

Yes Calpol is the pediatric version of acetaminophen available in the UK and a few other countries. I know it was available in HK when my eldest was a baby.

nukuspot likes this.

#19 of 19 Old 05-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We now have two well done, prospective cohort studies linking prenatal acetaminophen (Tylenol, paracetamol) use to adverse neurodevelopment.  The first study, by Brandlistuen et al. 2013, found that children exposed to long-term use of acetaminophen during pregnancy had substantially adverse developmental outcomes at 3 years old. These included a 70% increased risk of behavioral problems and motor delays, as well as, double the risk of communication problems. The second study, by Liew et al. 2014, found that 7 year old children whose mothers used acetaminophen during pregnancy were at higher risk of ADHD like behavioral problems and hyperkinetic disorder.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page