Anyone from Arizona? Measles exposure - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Measles-alert-from-Maricopa-County-health-officials-254632511.html

Just an FYI for anyone lives there or travelled there during this time frame. 

"Maricopa County Department of Public Health has confirmed that an unvaccinated individual returning from Europe has measles. 

"While this person was here, they went to multiple locations where there's a lot of other people," said Dr. Bob England, director of Maricopa County Department of Public Health. "That's why we're concerned about this one."

Locations where people may have been exposed:

• March 29 Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4; 6:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
  • March 30 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Cave Creek Chapel, 38008 N. Basin Rd in Cave Creek (Cave Creek, Desert Ridge and Pinnacle Peak Wards); 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. 
  • March 31 Wildflower Bread Company, 15640 N. Hayden Rd in Scottsdale; 12:00 p.m. until 5 p.m.
  • March 31 Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4; 3:00pm until 7:00pm" 

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

What's to debate here? Would this post not be more appropriate in the discussions section?

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
#3 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

What's to debate here? Would this post not be more appropriate in the discussions section?

Hmmm.  Maybe.  Mods can move it if they want. 

This section just gets more traffic. 

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
#4 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Wow!

If you really cared won't you post in the tribe section??? Yea silly me....,,& the debate is about what exactly??

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#5 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

Wow!

If you really cared won't you post in the tribe section??? Yea silly me....,,& the debate is about what exactly??

What's the tribe section? I don't even know where that is. 

#6 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

What's the tribe section? I don't even know where that is. 

It was brought up to you previously that there are other sections here on mothering besides vaccines, it was suggested previously that a post of your was better suited (I believe one was also moved) to the health section.

Besides "health" there are a rage (100's really) of other sections, where most moms also find information, especially those who have young toddles, be a due date club or a tribe (these are by states, most in groups of three and by countries too!) - the drop down menu is really easy to use in the "Forum Nav:" :love 

Arizona and Utah are together

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#7 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of people travel and go to airports.

It's not just people that live in Arizona that were exposed to this individual.  Lots of people were. 

Like I said, mods can move it if they want, but since it has to do with a VPD I don't see how the vaccine board is such a strange plus to post this. 

#8 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Lots of people travel and go to airports.

It's not just people that live in Arizona that were exposed to this individual.  Lots of people were. 

Like I said, mods can move it if they want, but since it has to do with a VPD I don't see how the vaccine board is such a strange plus to post this. 

Right, but how many of those people are posting or lurking on the vaccine debate forum of MDC? As serenbat stated, if you were concerned about people coming into contact with this person, then you would have posted where those that live in AZ or maybe traveling to AZ would be more likely to see it. So you point was......?

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
#9 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:

Right, but how many of those people are posting or lurking on the vaccine debate forum of MDC? As serenbat stated, if you were concerned about people coming into contact with this person, then you would have posted where those that live in AZ or maybe traveling to AZ would be more likely to see it. So you point was......?

MOST (apparently not all here) look at their local tribe section - ah, it directly effects them, so that would be a place to see news- but that just must be me!

Funny, this is mentioned soooooo many times about posting in the "tribe section" in regards to vaccines, not like it's rare of something headscratch.gif 

NYC is also dealing with an "out break" Ohio & California just were too, I still don't get the reasoning behind this. 

&

#10 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

MOST (apparently not all here) look at their local tribe section - ah, it directly effects them, so that would be a place to see news- but that just must be me!

Funny, this is mentioned soooooo many times about posting in the "tribe section" in regards to vaccines, not like it's rare of something headscratch.gif 

NYC is also dealing with an "out break" Ohio & California just were too, I still don't get the reasoning behind this. 

I've only ever heard of the "tribe" forum mentioned when referring people who are trying to find a vaccine friendly pediatrician.  I honestly thought that was the only purpose of the "tribe" section, so I never went looking for it. 

Glad to hear it's more than that :) 

@Mirzam do people really go and look in tribe sections of the cities they may travel through while being in an airport or layover?  That seems odd. 

Again, if mods want to move it to the "tribe" section they can.  But an airport has people from all over the world, not just Arizona. 

#11 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:

I've only ever heard of the "tribe" forum mentioned when referring people who are trying to find a vaccine friendly pediatrician.  I honestly thought that was the only purpose of the "tribe" section, so I never went looking for it. 

@Mirzam do people really go and look in tribe sections of the cities they may travel through while being in an airport or layover?  That seems odd. 

Again, if mods want to move it to the "tribe" section they can.  But an airport has people from all over the world, not just Arizona. 

And these same people would seek out the vaccination debate forum? You posted it here to make a point, all I can presume is your point is that measles is a plane ride away..... 

t

#12 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

And these same people would seek out the vaccination debate forum? You posted it here to make a point, all I can presume is your point is that measles is a plane ride away..... 

We just had a long thread about that exact thing recently.  I would have just added it there if that was the intention of posting this.  Sigh. 

#13 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:

We just had a long thread about that exact thing recently.  I would have just added it there if that was the intention of posting this.  Sigh. 

Oh, so it was purely altruistic, 'heads up' kind of post. In that case this probably wasn't the most effective forum, was it?

t

#14 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Oh, so it was purely altruistic, 'heads up' kind of post. In that case this probably wasn't the most effective forum, was it?

Apparently not...

#15 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:

@Mirzam do people really go and look in tribe sections of the cities they may travel through while being in an airport or layover?  That seems odd. NO it's not odd at all

If you looked into the posts on the tribe section you would see there are various reasons for posts and I had used them for traveling to other locations as well.

&

#16 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

I also assumed that was the point. Apparently not, though.

However, if it had been her point, it doesn't change anything for me. I know measles is fairly rare, but still exists. If my kids get it, they get it, and they'll be resting in bed for perhaps a week, and given the Klaire Labs micellized vitamin A that we have in our kitchen cabinet.

#17 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

I also assumed that was the point. Apparently not, though.

However, if it had been her point, it doesn't change anything for me. I know measles is fairly rare, but still exists. If my kids get it, they get it, and they'll be resting in bed for perhaps a week, and given the Klaire Labs micellized vitamin A that we have in our kitchen cabinet.

I "assume" most people don't seek out travel information on the mothering vaccine section as more up to date information can be found elsewhere. And since all of it is well after the fact anyway I don't see the relevance anyway. 

&

#18 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

I've only ever heard of the "tribe" forum mentioned when referring people who are trying to find a vaccine friendly pediatrician. I honestly thought that was the only purpose of the "tribe" section, so I never went looking for it.

Actually, the vaccine forum is a small section of MDC. A few people post here frequently but it's still a very small number compared with the larger community.
How did you originally find MDC?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page