Selfishness? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 122 Old 05-19-2014, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModerateMom View Post

I have no idea what you're taking about.  What do I not understand?  The reason could be medical, religious, moral, ethical, or just because you don't like 'em, I really don't care.  I don't see how you can read my post which basically says that it's up to you, not me, what you want to do...and read that as judgmental.  It's like you're just looking to be offended at this point. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModerateMom View Post

I couldn't and wouldn't make a blanket statement about the selfishness of people who don't vax.  I personally believe it is a civic duty to do so, similar I guess to paying taxes.  Those who can should, and those who can't may take advantage of the system.  In regards to vaccination, I leave it up to the conscience of the individual whether they fall into the "can't" category or not. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModerateMom View Post

Meaning...I don't judge whether I think the person falls into that category or not, I don't know their situation and it's up to them to make that call. 

Quote:

Oh my god who cares?  I have repeatedly said that this is a society thing, not a government thing.

All of us, put together as a group, benefits from herd immunity, so I think that if one can vaccinate, one should vaccinate, in order to keep herd immunity going for those who can't.  That last sentence is it in a nutshell...call it whatever you want. 

Quote:

This entire thread is on the subject "selfishness." 

Yes, I'm using the word "can't" very loosely here.

IMO- when one doesn't care, they also do not walk in the other's shoes (so to say) and thus lack the understanding of the situation. Those on here who have posted also do not ask for others to vaccinate for them (or in place of them). You have no problem insinuating we "maybe taking advantage of the system".  

You don't know, don't care yet feel we maybe taking advantage of what you are doing - that's judgmental, if you actually did know, you might understand where I am coming from.  

applejuice likes this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#122 of 122 Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

IMO- when one doesn't care, they also do not walk in the other's shoes (so to say) and thus lack the understanding of the situation. Those on here who have posted also do not ask for others to vaccinate for them (or in place of them). You have no problem insinuating we "maybe taking advantage of the system".  

You don't know, don't care yet feel we maybe taking advantage of what you are doing - that's judgmental, if you actually did know, you might understand where I am coming from.  

!) So it's actually offensive to you for me to say that I don't care what you do?  That...is wild, truly.

2) I should make it clear that we ALL "take advantage" of the system, I do as much as you do.  You are putting connotations on the phrase that I did not intend. 

One_Girl likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page