Nonvax travel! - please help ease my mind! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-13-2014, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nonvax travel! - please help ease my mind!

So we are here in Brazil and no vaccines! But I am starting to get OCD with all the people around and trying to keep my hygiene well.

DH just brushed DD teeth with the tap water.. Ugh now I am fresking out even more.. She doesn't spit when she brushes.

Please help give me some peace of mind.. I am not enjoying my trip due to worry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ps. DD is 2.
#3 of 4 Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
The odds of catching a VPD are quite small. I think of the common schedule of vaccination it's only polio is potentially in the water - and that's as unlikely in Brazil as in USA (sorry if I make wrong assumption about your home country).

Did you want to post here from the provax side too? If not stop here and ask a mod to move you to inv. The only way to really get rid if your worry in my opinion would be to catchup before your next trip.

The odds of catching the diseases are small. The odds of any serious problems following vaccination are much smaller.
#4 of 4 Old 06-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyn7465 View Post
So we are here in Brazil and no vaccines! But I am starting to get OCD with all the people around and trying to keep my hygiene well.

DH just brushed DD teeth with the tap water.. Ugh now I am fresking out even more.. She doesn't spit when she brushes.

Please help give me some peace of mind.. I am not enjoying my trip due to worry
I would echo most of PSM's sentiments but add that common sense with food and water is still a good idea. There are a lot of non-vaccine-targeted illnesses that your DD could get from a contaminated supply. She'll most likely be OK from the one-time tooth-brushing, though. Maybe stick some kind of reminder on the sink for her fetch the bottled water next time. :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page