• 1 Post By kathymuggle
  • 3 Post By Deborah
  • 3 Post By sassyfirechick

#1 of 3 Old 07-01-2014, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
There are no genetic epidemics

True statement, false statement or a true but simplistic?

I would prefer to stay away from autism (let's do asthma or another "epidemic") or just speak in general terms.

I am thinking true but simplistic.

Thoughts?
serenbat likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
I'd say we need to define our terms. For example, what is the timespan? In-bred populations can develop unusual health problems, over a span of say 100 or 150 years. Would that be a genetic epidemic?

Children in Scandinavia or in countries (like Ireland) where there is some "Viking" ancestry seemed to be prone to narcolepsy following vaccination with Pandemrix. There certainly is a connection between the narcolepsy and the ancestry in this situation, but without the vaccine trigger there probably wouldn't have been nearly as many cases. And claims that the flu itself would trigger narcolepsy run into the Polish problem. Poland also has some interaction with the Vikings. Poland didn't use the vaccine. There was no rise in narcolepsy in Poland.

I see possible genetic epidemics with some sort of triggering situation--environmental, social or?
#3 of 3 Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
How about MTHFR? It's been said to be pretty prevalent across multiple populations but more so in some like Germans and Norwegians. This genetic mutation is passed down, one or two copies, and basically affects the body's ability to detoxify, aka makes people more likely to have adverse reactions because they don't process vaccines properly. This would be a true genetic epidemic (along with a host of other methylation issues that are popping up) that can then lead to subsequent "epidemics" following administration of vaccines or even OTC's.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page