#1 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
20% of children with recurrent cough have whooping cough

Ouch.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/278658.php
applejuice and serenbat like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#2 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

full study:
http://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g3668

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yes, whooping cough used to be called the 100 day cough for a good reason.

I would assume if whooping cough was not properly diagnosed nor treated, the lungs could be damaged and a person could suffer from chronic bronchitis for a very long time. Ever know any one with chronic bronchitis? I have known lots of them and the cause is always idiopathic, but I know better.
serenbat and sassyfirechick like this.
#4 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Also, a 2009 report found that the children of parents who prevent them from being vaccinated are 23 times more likely to get whooping cough than fully vaccinated children.
I like that bit. After describing multiple varieties of vaccine failure, at the very end they sling in this tidbit to try and convince people that it is MUCH worse if you don't get the vaccine. Speaking as someone who has never gotten this vaccine: I've never had a clinical case of whooping cough despite multiple exposures. Somewhere along the line I became immune and with the nice boosters I've gotten from all the circulating whooping cough I've stayed immune. I suspect that as I get older my immune system will eventually sag and then I might get it. We'll see.

What isn't being addressed is the problem of original antigenic sin. The elephant in the laboratory.
#5 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I like that bit. After describing multiple varieties of vaccine failure, at the very end they sling in this tidbit to try and convince people that it is MUCH worse if you don't get the vaccine.
The 23 times thing is based on a study that looked at data from 1996-2007. I have a child born in 1996. He is 2 credits shy of graduating high school and has a goatee. To use old data when we have been experiencing increasing numbers of pertussis is dishonest, IMHO.

#6 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
The 23 times thing is based on a study that looked at data from 1996-2007. I have a child born in 1996. He is 2 credits shy of graduating high school and has a goatee. To use old data when we have been experiencing increasing numbers of pertussis is dishonest, IMHO.
They do like that old data, don't they? When it works for their position.
#7 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Children who are not vaccinated and coughing are more likely to have a throat swab and a laboratory diagnosis made than a child that is fully vaccinated and coughing; the doctor just prescribes antibiotics or cough suppressants for "chronic bronchitis", croup, a cold, the flu, or whatever creative diagnosis they can come up with. Therefore we really do not know how badly this vaccine fails.
#8 of 9 Old 07-01-2014, 08:52 PM

The stats are manipulated in another way.

When doctors are told that whooping cough is going around and that it is turning up in vaxed kids, they'll look for it and, gosh, all of a sudden there is a huge epidemic and a lot of noise.

Then, after there has been a big push to vax another group, like teens, for example, they'll stop pushing the doctors to test for pertussis, rates will drop and they'll credit vaccination for the decrease.

I've just got a suspicious mind.

I'll admit that pertussis goes up and down on its own, but it is just too easy to manipulate the numbers when it comes to this illness.
#9 of 9 Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
The stats are manipulated in another way.

When doctors are told that whooping cough is going around and that it is turning up in vaxed kids, they'll look for it and, gosh, all of a sudden there is a huge epidemic and a lot of noise.

Then, after there has been a big push to vax another group, like teens, for example, they'll stop pushing the doctors to test for pertussis, rates will drop and they'll credit vaccination for the decrease.

I've just got a suspicious mind.

I'll admit that pertussis goes up and down on its own, but it is just too easy to manipulate the numbers when it comes to this illness.

I don't know if that's suspicion or them just plain hiding in the open because that's a great point! And in the course of these epidemics among the vaxxed, they always point the finger at a singular unvaxxed person - they must be the ones who caused it, look at them spreading disease! (among the vaxxed no less.....) but hey, if everyone vaxxed then the vaccine would work.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page