Anyone read this page on the CHOP site? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 182Likes

#61 of 62 Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Yes, doctors do not care about vitamins; that is, doctors do not care about vitamins that they do not control.

Try to refuse a VITAMIN K shot at birth for your newborn, despite some evidence it may cause leukemia later in life. CPS may be called, even though the disease that the vitamin K shot is supposed to help occurs 1/10000.

Years later, if your child has a bad case of acne, a drug made from the vitamin A molecule will be recommended, a drug, isotretinoin, so dangerous that it should have a skull and cross bones on the box because it is a teratogen and there are class action suits against it. Yet it is given to adolescents, the part of the population likely to have an unplanned pregnancy.

So the only time doctors believe in vitamins is when the vitamin can damage your health; if vitamins help your health, doctors are not interested.

http://www.drugwatch.com/accutane/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 62 Old 07-11-2014, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
I don't take many vitamins - C and D occasionally. I tend to think I can get most of my vitamins by eating well.

I don't love anti-vitamin warriors, or anti alternative-med warriors. I am an adult, I can read, I will figure it out. I don't mind people sharing information or scientific studies (the geek in me likes it, actually ) but the tone of trying to save me from myself has got to go.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page