Good places to start reading - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

#1 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Good places to start reading

Hello, are there any good places to start reading what kind of things I should look out for to know if my children are suitable for the vaccine schedule in Ireland?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also, what's the difference between antivaccination and nonvaccination?
#3 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
I think you should be asking whether the vaccine schedule of Ireland is suitable for your children, not the other way around.

"Anti-vaccine" describes the most extreme of those who criticize vaccine safety and efficacy, as they feel that vaccines ultimately do more harm than good. The term is also used as a perjorative, to deliberately marginalize all who question and criticize vaccines.

"Non-vaccinators" simply choose not to vaccinate their own children, usually because they've seen severe adverse vaccine reactions first-hand.

As for reading, here are some suggestions:
Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Taximom5; 07-28-2014 at 08:11 AM.
#4 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
In my opinion: non-vax is an umbrella term for anyone who has chosen not to vaccinate their children.

Non-vax is a spectrum, and it can mean anything from "not vaccinating at this time, but a I can see being selective/delayed at some point to no vaccines should exist.

Anti-vax, is the extreme end of the spectrum that believes no vaccines should exist. I would also argue that thinking all vaccines are stupid in all circumstances (but people should still be free to choose them) might be anti-vax.

Anti-vax is a pretty loaded term, and it is often used in a very derogatory fashion.

Sadly, some tend to regard anyone who questions vaccines or the vaccine schedule at all as a heretic and "anti-vax" (did you know Dr. Sears, who advocates most if not all vaccines, is anti-vax? SNORT)

(ETA: posted at the same time as Taxi, who said virtually the same thing )

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
How old are your kids? Do they have any vaccines? Which are you considerring?

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page