Forum Jump: 
 250Likes

Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
Nowhere in the post you quoted of mine did I say that profit was a reason. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't accuse me of something I never said.

In my post I stated that it made sense to focus research dollars on diseases that affect the largest number of people - a vaccine that could save thousands seems more logical as a priority than one which takes, on average, less than 100 lives each year. In *MY* opinion the focus should be on diseases that are most prevalent regardless of profit potential.
I had included your comment because you only wanted it for largest number of people, I think clearly others can see that. That is why I highlighted it in red too. I think other can read for themselves what you wrote and decide for themselves.

I happen to have a problem with "health" care that is only for certain number of people and your remark says it should only be for the largest, I call that discrimination. Again, others can view it how they want. I feel it's awful to say things should just be limited and I feel that is discrimination when one suggests it.

ETA- anthrax vaccine IMO is one very, very few need but I don't see that or the money surrounding it an issues for the PRO vac community either.
Again no one says a peep about the Defense dept. and how they do fund vaccines.

Last edited by serenbat; 08-10-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Theres a lot of public money spent promoting breast feeding in the UK (and no school requirements on vaccines).

The US health system is a messed up thing - but don't make the mistake of blaming scientists or vaccine "pushers" for that.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

The US health system is a messed up thing - but don't make the mistake of blaming scientists or vaccine "pushers" for that.
Since many of us are US if we see fit, we have the right to point fingers in the direction we see fit.

Vaccine "pushers" are evil to many of us here. Not directly dealing with things on the same level as us here in the US, maybe that alters your true prospective, I don't know.

What I DO know is the rest of the world is not like the US.
Vaccine pushers are rampant in women's magazines, BIG Pharma is all over the media. The rest of the world doesn't need to "ask your dr. If X is right for you" like we need to here.
Vastly different!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
Theres a lot of public money spent promoting breast feeding in the UK (and no school requirements on vaccines).

Why is it a mistake to blame the corporations/agencies and the people who head them (and work for them) when they have the biggest influence on how the health care system is run, particularly with the revolving door between government and industry and the obscene amount of lobbying dollars?

Is it the average mum's fault?

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think that this ebola epidemic could easily be stopped and the world has the resources for it. But the 1st world doesn't want it to stop. We want it to become big enough to get the rich world population (us) scared. And once we are scared, we are ready to pay. Ready to pay for a vaccine even if the disease is very unlikely here. Likely to pay for preventive drugs.
Also, if enough africans (that no one really cares about) get sick, it will be an excellent experimental ground for vaccine and medications, yet, it will look like humanitarian care....but really, it is using africans as Guinea pig . (I guess they are really from Guinea, except they are not pigs).
we have been there and done that with HIV.
we are scared of it here, but the mortality is low. In sub-saharian Africa the mortality is high and it is an excellent laboratory.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
I just found this......

"TEKMIRA Pharmaceuticals, a company working on an anti-Ebola drug, just received a $1.5 million cash infusion from none other than Monsanto."

Monsanto.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 08-11-2014, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

You think it's limited to school requirements in the US? What about job requirements?

Let's look at the real ramifications for a minute.

Unvaccinated children--and remember, "unvaccinated" refers to anyone not COMPLETELY caught up on all recommended vaccines, including the flu shot--are restricted from daycare, school, all school-related extra-curricular activities (sports, music, theatre, clubs), and camps. New moms are threatened that their babies will be taken away if they don't agree to the hep b vaccine at birth.

Unvaccinated adults are restricted from university, and jobs in many sectors, including education, food service, hotels, health care,band government. Those working for companies with group health care insurance rates see higher health care rates for their entire companies; in other words, their companies are under financial pressure from the vaccine industry, via the insurance industry.

This doesn't end with school mandates. This is a caste system based on vaccination status.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
@
"For the drug to be used in Liberia, it would have to be approved by the country's Ministry of Health Ethical Committee, said Bernice Dahn, Liberia's chief medical officer.

Dr. Dahn said she wasn't aware of the committee approving any experimental Ebola treatment, though she also wasn't aware of any being disapproved. It is conceivable a treatment was approved without her knowledge, she said. Liberia's assistant health minister, Tolbert Nyenswah, didn't know of any approval. Liberia's presidency also wasn't aware, said Information Minister Lewis Brown. "
http://online.wsj.com/articles/niger...rug-1408034006 Nigerians are getting too.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...he-way-from-us

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
speaking of making money...
Quote:
Pfizer, Merck, pick up hefty vax sales bump with CDC nod in seniors
August 14, 2014 | By Carly Helfand
http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/pf...ors/2014-08-14
Quote:
Pfizer's ($PFE) Prevnar 13, the world's best-selling vaccine, scored a big win Wednesday, nabbing a CDC committee nod for universal use in adults over the age of 65. And once payer coverage kicks in, that's a nod that could be worth $2 billion for Pfizer, analysts say--with Merck's ($MRK) Pneumovax getting a boost, too.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
And more money
Quote:
Global Influenza (Flu) Vaccine Market 2014 Trends and 2019 Opportunities Now Available at MarketReportsOnline.com
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2126393#ixzz3AvyTD5kA
Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Replying in text makes it very hard to reply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
Pointing out time and time about it being just like in a pear (a drop in the ocean, etc) has been done on here and saying it's natural like in a pear has occurred and equating it to being no biggie either. I think others can take it how they want.
Yep. But pointing out that one ingredient is chemically identical and in less quantity than people get from natural sources still is not in any way the same as claiming that vaccines are totally natural substances.

Quote:
Time will tell. Teacozy said about the same - She also told us people aren't getting on planes from remote villages and coming here (NY) but we know that isn't true either, the government has managed to test several already.
Reason there is less risk to people in the West. Of course people from these areas are getting on planes including Aid workers returning home, but the typical person at risk of ebola is much less likely to get on a plane and come here than say a person in an area of England or France where there is a measles outbreak. Any look at travel statistics and where our visitors are statistically likely to be coming from/people returning from shows this.

Quote:
lives, and by the way, how often do people die of rheumatic fever these days? again there was no vaccine for that either and still we do survive!
Yep. People survive - thanks to antibiotics! Rheumatic fever was the occasional result of untreated strep.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pers
With ebola, since letting the body fight it naturally results in the deaths of up to 90% of people infected, I do hope that someday there can be have the option of an unnatural intervention of either a vaccine to prevent it or a medicine that greatly improves survival rate.
That is not totally accurate about that 90% figure. Also wanting a vaccine also doesn't seem to be a popular or shown to be needed by many - poster on here don't see the need.

Latest figures from the World Health Organization (WHO) record 1,603 cases of Ebola in the West African outbreak and 887 deaths - giving a death rate of just over 55 percent.

That is well below the 78.5 percent average death rate over 14 past outbreaks of the same virus - called the "Zaire strain" after the former name of the Democratic Republic of Congo where it was first detected in 1976. In some outbreaks the rate was up to 90 percent, according to WHO data.
I'm well aware of that. It's why I said up to 90%.

Quote:
I do find it a bit unusual, (I also completely get it too! ) this "assumption" that ebola is not easy to spread being put of by those who happen to also be PRO vaccine. Funny thing is, the US govt really seems to be taking a different approach. It was posted in #22 by applejuice the govt is taking a bit different take by that order.

Currently there are six that have been tested thus far in the US, they are not (by all accounts) show signs of "bleeding", simply illness - Well fever and common flu-like symptoms alone and where you have been, seems to be about enough to get you tested.
http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/6-peopl...-ebola-in-nyc/
And that all is why there is a potential for few cases, there is no risk of a large outbreak.

With measles, a person can be contagious before they start showing symptoms, and if say they take a bus ride, they can expose not just the people sitting next to them but many people sitting on the same bus breathing the same air.

Ebola, on the other hand, is not contagious before symptoms and is not airborne and while the person sitting next to someone actually showing symptoms on a bus might be at a little bit of risk if there is bodily fluid contact, anyone sitting farther a way is not, and it is primarily close contacts caring for a sick person who are at risk. So ebola can be controlled by identifying and quarantining cases as quickly as possible and then identifying close contacts. That they are preparing for this and working quickly to do so is a large part of why we the general population has no reason to fear ebola.

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...803-story.html

“I don’t think it’s in the cards that we would have widespread Ebola in this country,” he said. He acknowledged that other travelers might bring back the disease, leading to “a case or two.” But in Africa, hospital and burial practices are feeding the spread of Ebola, and such practices are different in the United States, he said.

The key, therefore, is not to keep the virus out of the U.S. but to address the epidemic abroad, he said. “We know how to protect ourselves, but the single most important thing we can do is stop it at the source in Africa. That’s going to protect them and protect us.”
And that is exactly what I and others here have been saying.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pers View Post
Replying in text makes it very hard to reply to you.

Yep. But pointing out that one ingredient is chemically identical and in less quantity than people get from natural sources still is not in any way the same as claiming that vaccines are totally natural substances.

Reason there is less risk to people in the West. Of course people from these areas are getting on planes including Aid workers returning home, but the typical person at risk of ebola is much less likely to get on a plane and come here than say a person in an area of England or France where there is a measles outbreak. Any look at travel statistics and where our visitors are statistically likely to be coming from/people returning from shows this.

Yep. People survive - thanks to antibiotics! Rheumatic fever was the occasional result of untreated strep.

I'm well aware of that. It's why I said up to 90%.

And that all is why there is a potential for few cases, there is no risk of a large outbreak.

With measles, a person can be contagious before they start showing symptoms, and if say they take a bus ride, they can expose not just the people sitting next to them but many people sitting on the same bus breathing the same air.

Ebola, on the other hand, is not contagious before symptoms and is not airborne and while the person sitting next to someone actually showing symptoms on a bus might be at a little bit of risk if there is bodily fluid contact, anyone sitting farther a way is not, and it is primarily close contacts caring for a sick person who are at risk. So ebola can be controlled by identifying and quarantining cases as quickly as possible and then identifying close contacts. That they are preparing for this and working quickly to do so is a large part of why we the general population has no reason to fear ebola.

And that is exactly what I and others here have been saying.

Your posting style is very hard to reply to, as I stated prior.

I think I made my opinions very clear and others can read them. Same way people can see and read news reports and draw their own conclusions and they do!

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Heard this (or a version thereof) today on the radio:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...spat-1.2786214

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
"You already have people who don’t trust the West coming in, people who are hiding because they believe that the westerners are bringing the virus in."
Smart people. They need to keep hiding.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 10-03-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Heard this (or a version thereof) today on the radio:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...spat-1.2786214
thanks for posting that Kathy

IMHO I don't think you sent a "clear" message when you say one thing and simply do another........no threat if no signs, OK, so why all the hazmat suites ??? OH............

&

User Tag List