Seeking Guidance And Balance Amongst The Chaos - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

Old 08-05-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seeking Guidance And Balance Amongst The Chaos

I am writing this because I am in sincere need. I was 100% for vaccination then after my fourth child got his round of 2 month injections after being determined healthy from his check up, the next day everything changed. His poop changed and then he wasn't eating well. So we went in to the doctors and they found he had a double ear infection which shocked me because he was just in for a check up and deemed healthy. So I asked the nurse if vaccines can cause ear infections and she replied that they "worry about is brain swelling". So they gave me antibiotics for my son and we struggled for the next 9 months and six rounds of different antibiotics to rid him of the ear infection that would go back and forth between ears and leave fluid in his ears. I then began researching vaccines. I was skeptical of everything I was reading contrary to vaccination but eventually it all made sense to me, especially when outbreaks were being reported amongst the vaccinated populations and then that vaccines eventually wear off and we all need to have boosters every year to save everyone else. I found that there seems to be a lot of corruption within the government and vaccine corporations and was maddened by the misinformation I myself had received and accepted so blindly without question and false trust. My problem is that I am not only afraid to vaccinate, but also to not vaccinate and I am struggling to find a middle ground and one that makes sense. I am afraid my oldest child's special needs may be vaccine induced bit there are too many other factors that play part to determine anything with certainty. I am afraid of the potential of vaccines to cause adverse reactions and outcomes and that vaccines in all actuality haven't been studied thoroughly enough. I am afraid that government and pharmaceutical greed may inhibit their ability to make wise choices for children and families. On the other hand, I am afraid NOT vaccinating will submit my children and family to"vaccine preventable" diseases. I am afraid that my parental rights will be used against me and that my children might be taken if I refuse to vaccinate. I am so unsure of what to do at this point and am willing to hear both sides and everything in between to help balance everything. Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumpity Bump Bump :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You said in your post that vaccinated populations were getting the very diseases they are being vaxed for...and then you say this:
Quote:
I am afraid NOT vaccinating will submit my children and family to"vaccine preventable" diseases.
So, your kids could be vulnerable either way, since vaccines are not working as purported.
The best thing to do is read, read, and read some more...and then read some more...there are many good threads here and there will be many arguments on both sides of the issue. You have to weigh the facts for yourself, use critical thinking skills, and know that it's always best to err on the side of caution. Which side of caution? That's the problem. Also, look up the laws in your state regarding school 'requirements', exemptions, and such. School officials are the first line to deny/omit exemptions exist to be enrolled in school. There is no federal mandate to vaccinate your child. It is not a law of the land (yet), and hopefully never will be. When in doubt, delay, research, and do what YOU think is right, not what society dictates.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Since the illnesses are a major worry, I'd suggest heading over to your public library and getting a book or two on natural healing for children. Once you find some you like you can buy them, but libraries are a great way to try out stuff. And I'm suggesting a book over online searches because the info is usually better organized and easier to follow.

It is possible to survive without vaccinations. My family gave them up somewhere around 1920 and my grandchildren are the 5th mostly or completely unvaxed generation in the direct line. In all those generations we haven't lost anyone to a vaccine related illness. Nope, we all die from the modern plagues of heart attacks or cancer or old age...I guess old age doesn't count as a plague

My mother managed 5 children through multiple childhood illnesses without consulting doctors. Her approach was 1) mint tea; 2) scraped apple; 3) bed rest. I'm not sure these qualify as a universal cure, but I don't recall her ever getting really concerned about the possibility of terrible consequences from childhood sickness. She expected us to get sick and she expected us to recover.

So take a deep breath.

Make a list and then put it into a reasonable and doable order and then start working your way through it.

Vaccines really aren't emergency medicine. There is time to figure it all out.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
What these ladies have said

Read about diseases, research the crap out of vaccines and side effects, and then even look into detoxing from vaccine damage. I'd prefer to be iffy about being unvaxxed than to vaxx because I can never convince myself 100% that vaxxing is the way to go....and you can't undo a vaccine. Also if the claim sounds really outlandish and unreasonable - and that goes for both sides of the debate - it probably is and don't give it any thought.

Start here for your exemption options (you have medical and religious): http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...nsylvania.aspx
Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
If you can find time having an honest conversation about your concerns with your family doctor (or a nurse in the practice) would be a good idea. Tell them you don't want to decide there and then - just to talk about it.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
If you can find time having an honest conversation about your concerns with your family doctor (or a nurse in the practice) would be a good idea. Tell them you don't want to decide there and then - just to talk about it.
The doctors didn't do real great right after the problems began, and they weren't able to successfully treat the problems after they began, so it is a bit of a stretch to hope that they can manage a serious conversation about vaccine concerns. But hope is always a good thing...
Old 08-06-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I work in a school and just asked for the religious exempt card and signed it for each child and gave it to the school. There was no issue or question about my religious beliefs. Absolutely no questions asked or problems whatsoever. The schools I have worked in or dealt with are just doing what they are required to do and they are required to have students' shot records updated or a child cannot be enrolled unless they are exempt and they need this to document as well.

I'm a single working mom of 3 wonderful kiddos. 

User Tag List