Blatant, at that
serenbat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I found more health related products at Whole Foods than all of the big chain pharmacies. They do carry a nice selection of diet sodas and junk food though! And when you become ill from the junk, you won't have to go far to find your drugs lol.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#3 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
$5 - seem cheap, that's it??
applejuice likes this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#4 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
$5 - seem cheap, that's it??
But hey, your chance of getting the flu, according to industry run studies, goes down from 2 chances in 100 to 1 chance in 100. This doesn't apply if you are elderly.
sassyfirechick likes this.
#5 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
But hey, your chance of getting the flu, according to industry run studies, goes down from 2 chances in 100 to 1 chance in 100. This doesn't apply if you are elderly.
Still not as good as last year. One of my local grocery store gave $10.00 bucks & most antibiotics are also for FREE!!!
#6 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Okay. I concede. You win.
#7 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Okay. I concede. You win.
Want free meds too? I can hook you up!
Last year the grocery stores were at war!
Free prenatal vit., kids vit. too, diabetic meds, antibiotics, if you have another prescription they will price match it and some give you $20.00 for switching from one store to another.

East coast grocery stores want to take care if you!

I haven't seen any thing yet for flu but I'll post when they start the grocery flu wars!
applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.
#8 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Five dollars is coercion? You really think people who weren't probably planning on getting a vaccine anyway are going to be "coerced" to do so by enough money to maybe buy a soda and a couple candy bars?

Alrighty.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
#9 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 03:46 AM

$5.00 is still cheap - this site even recommends $10 and stickers ........ http://www.pharmacyowners.com/blog/b...ent-Pharmacies

give it as a gift card?
applejuice likes this.

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#10 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
Five dollars is coercion? You really think people who weren't probably planning on getting a vaccine anyway are going to be "coerced" to do so by enough money to maybe buy a soda and a couple candy bars?

Alrighty.
I know I'm being satirical...
applejuice likes this.
#11 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
It's the principle of the matter, tea. If you are already going to do something then you shouldn't be getting paid to do it. And if you are on the fence, and your whole family is getting shots at $5 a person, well that buys dinner at McDonald's! No offers should be made to coerce people no matter how small they may be.
Mirzam and serenbat like this.
#12 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post
It's the principle of the matter, tea. If you are already going to do something then you shouldn't be getting paid to do it. And if you are on the fence, and your whole family is getting shots at $5 a person, well that buys dinner at McDonald's! No offers should be made to coerce people no matter how small they may be.
not to metion the full fledged 'vaccine wars' i've seen at various pharmacies and grocery stores, (around here)offering multitudes of benefits to receiving their vaccines, as opposed to their dr.
applejuice and serenbat like this.
#13 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post
Does that mean that Sam's Club is also guilty for offering me a $10 gift card for joining? How about my local bookstore that offers a gift card for joining their frequent ahopper's club.

Since most people have to pay for the shots given at pharmacies how is offering them $5 coercion - surely they wouldn't spend $25 on a flu shot just to get $5 back right?
#14 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
Does that mean that Sam's Club is also guilty for offering me a $10 gift card for joining? How about my local bookstore that offers a gift card for joining their frequent ahopper's club.

Since most people have to pay for the shots given at pharmacies how is offering them $5 coercion - surely they wouldn't spend $25 on a flu shot just to get $5 back right?
If you have insurance, no, you aren't paying for the shot. In that same line of thinking, sam's club, BJ's, COSTCO...all of those clubs offer up things to one up the competition. Just because everyone does it, doesn't make it right Coercion...bribe....anything that is offered up front in an attempt to sway opinions and to seek out loyalty. If a company wants to hand out coupons or discounts at random, that's very different from placing the offer on the table as a bargaining chip.
applejuice likes this.
#15 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 11:31 AM

It is a bit trickier when it involves medical care.

Vaccines and drugs have consequences that just don't occur with, say, Amazon offering me a discount on postage if I sign up for a membership.

One of the shoe stores I use has a deal: accumulate a certain amount of purchase dollars and you get a $25 gift certificate. Now that IS tricky. The wrong pair of shoes could result in a broken ankle or a permanently deformed foot...

How do we distinguish between a legitimate promotion and one that could result in death or injury?

Deals on cars are certainly questionable. They are a major cause of death and injury.
applejuice likes this.
#16 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

There really "should" IMO be a difference in what is REAL health care vs a promotion for it! Since most of the world does not act like the US I wonder how much longer we are going to keep this crap up? Banks use to give toaster away, that stopped too. US public opinion on the "banking industry" also has taken a nose dive in recent years, seems overall BIG Pharma is the next off the pedestal - some of us to hope so!
applejuice likes this.

&

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page