CDC whistleblower - CDC knew MMR autism risk in African American boys 4 times higher - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1173Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 PM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
Those links and examples are from the 90's because thats when those things happened...
Exactly. Citing something from 15-25 years ago as evidence of how journalists act now is silly.

As per Thorsen, he is not a household name because journalists did not choose to make him a household name. As you said, the CDC is huge - and he committed fraud against them. It could have been a compelling story (how well does CDC screen its researchers? Could this have impacted results? Has this happenned before?) Journalists did choose to make Offitt a household name, as well as Wakefield, as it suits the pro-vax paradigm to do so.
applejuice, serenbat and beckybird like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...


Last edited by kathymuggle; 08-21-2014 at 07:17 PM.
kathymuggle is online now  
#62 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 01:51 PM
 
teacozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Exactly. Citing something from 15-25 years ago as evidence of how journalists act now is silly.

As per Thorsen, he is not a household name because journalists did not choose to make him a household name. As you said, the CDC is huge - and he committed fraud against them. It could have been a compelling story (how well does CDC screen its researchers? Could this have impacted results? Has this hapenned before?) Journalists did choose to make Offitt a household name, as well as Wakefield, as it suits the pro-vax paradigm to do so.
Lol. No, it really is not that interesting.

He was a visiting scientist, not an official member of the CDC or American. He didn't falsify data or research, he just stole money and bought some motorcycles and then fled to Denmark. That is not all that interesting or attention grabbing for 99% of people who are not anti vaccine. Had he falsified data on a vaccine, that would have been a lot more likely to get media attention. Like the fairly recent HIV vaccine scandal that got a lot of press.

The very basics of journalism and news reporting has not changed since 1999. Interesting big stories= money. Do you not remember when news outlets were criticizing the CDC over the whole swine flu debacle? That was very recent. There was a thread not long ago where I linked 3 or 4 stories just from the first two pages of results when searching the term "vaccines" on Forbes that were negative towards vaccines and their effectiveness.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
teacozy is offline  
#63 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
A scientist, whether they are well known or not (how many scientists are celebrities, exactly?), that has committed that conducted research for CDC which the CDC then used as the definitive study on vaccines and autism, that committed fraud is big news because it puts the reputation of a government organization into question.

Here is an article by Sharyl Attkisson on Dr Thorsen, former CBS investigative journalist, who resigned because she wasn't allowed to write the stories she wanted to.

http://sharylattkisson.com/researche...nted-fugitive/
applejuice, serenbat and beckybird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#64 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM
 
teacozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
A scientist, whether they are well known or not (how many scientists are celebrities, exactly?), that has committed that conducted research for CDC which the CDC then used as the definitive study on vaccines and autism, that committed fraud is big news because it puts the reputation of a government organization into question.

Here is an article by Sharyl Attkisson on Dr Thorsen, former CBS investigative journalist, who resigned because she wasn't allowed to write the stories she wanted to.

http://sharylattkisson.com/researche...nted-fugitive/

What does the fact that he was one of many scientists that conducted vaccine autism research have to do with anything? Is there any evidence that he falsified the data? Does what he did somehow effect the data and conclusion of the study?

Like I said, if he had fabricated information in the study it would have been a big story, just like the scientist that fabricated the HIV vaccine data was a big story.

But a temporary visiting Danish scientist who virtually no one has even heard of and who was not even a member of the CDC stealing money to buy motorcycles and a house is just not a world wide newsworthy story.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
teacozy is offline  
#65 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 03:16 PM
 
samaxtics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
As per Thorsen, he is not a household name because journalists did not choose to make him a household name. As you said, the CDC is huge - and he committed fraud against them. It could have been a compelling story. Journalists did choose to make Offitt a household name, as well as Wakefield, as it suits the pro-vax paradigm to do so.
I wonder if it is more of a case of Thorsen committed fraud FOR or WITH them.

They've been playing a version of Where's Waldo with Thorsen. I think they are worried about him spilling his guts about his interactions with the CDC and that's why they aren't pursuing him too hard.
Thorsen using CDC money was able to set up quite the research program: (bear in mind this is a google translation) http://www.information.dk/227065

Quote:
One trait separates NANEA from the rest of the university, and it catches the eye immediately. In the first years of the employees live in a world of glitz and pampering. "We are running in a huge Mercedes! 'Is the watchword, and it's true. Every time a scientist travels throughout the country to gather data, is on business class, says Anja. Lise says that the Danes are visiting in Atlanta, they are impressed when a limousine drive up to the hotel door to drive them to meetings with CDC. Delicious dinners, expensive brands of alcohol and stay in luxurious places as Denmark's castles are on the program when the traffic going the other way, and the money men from the United States visiting Denmark.
There is your tax dollars at work!

Quote:
Even after being indicted by the US Government for mail fraud and money laundering, Dr. Thorsen continues to collaborate with at least one CDC employee (Diana Schendel) and his papers promoted on the CDC website.
http://www.safeminds.org/government-...Nov%202012.pdf

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
samaxtics is online now  
#66 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
You can spin this every which way, teacozy, but the bottom line is this is huge: the CDC has put out a fraudulent study and who knows how many others, the result of which has harmed countless babies and children, especially a sub group of African American boys. I have to assume you are cool with a government organization that is supposed to protect the people from disease (sic), lying and falsifying research. You are coming off as an apologist of criminals and criminal behavior. I am going to put it down to naiveté and cognitive dissonance.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#67 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM
 
samaxtics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
What does the fact that he was one of many scientists that conducted vaccine autism research have to do with anything?
Interesting. Wakefield was one of 13 researchers on that paper.
applejuice, serenbat and beckybird like this.

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
samaxtics is online now  
#68 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 04:11 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
You can spin this every which way, teacozy, but the bottom line is this is huge: the CDC has put out a fraudulent study and who knows how many others, the result of which has harmed countless babies and children, especially a sub group of African American boys. I have to assume you are cool with a government organization that is supposed to protect the people from disease (sic), lying and falsifying research. You are coming off as an apologist of criminals and criminal behavior. I am going to put it down to naiveté and cognitive dissonance.
The ramification could be immense and would be far reaching, not only effecting MMR.

That pesky thing called, trust.

Let's also keep in mind, things can be over turned, we could one day see a class action lawsuit(S) and the end to the current VAERS!

We could see not only acknowledgment but criminal actions taken against those responsible and the companies too, just like what is in process in other countries right now.
Mirzam and beckybird like this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#69 of 459 Old 08-21-2014, 07:29 PM
 
Deborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the Seacoast of Bohemia
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
When the Denmark studies first came out a number of critics pointed out major problems with the studies. So it isn't as though these can be held up as absolutely first-rate science which is above all criticism. Which means that a journalist who wanted to dig could have combined the fact that Thorsen embezzled with the fact that the studies had been criticized for several serious shortcomings and had a lovely story with excellent legs.

I think the argument put forward smacks of desperation.

And even with the rotavirus story, I don't know of any journalists who dug deeper and asked how a vaccine could be approved that caused a horrendous and life-threatening side-effect in infants. The only reports were even a little congratulatory...look, the system works...a problem was spotted...isn't it all lovely...too bad about the dead babies.
Deborah is online now  
#70 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Whistleblower's name released, see 5.07 mark.

http://vimeo.com/user5503203/review/...143/91f7d3d4d8

Dr Bill Thompson.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#71 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 AM
 
littlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
Whistleblower's name released, see 5.07 mark.

http://vimeo.com/user5503203/review/...143/91f7d3d4d8

Dr Bill Thompson.


This guy?
http://www.cdc.gov/media/transcripts/2007/t070926.htm


http://scholar.google.com/citations?...jiMAAAAJ&hl=en


http://health.myway.com/art/id/529590.html


Interesting. I wonder if there's a story here now.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

 


 
littlec is offline  
#72 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Could well be, looks like they have been hacked.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#73 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I want to express my huge gratitude to William W Thompson for the courage to come forward and speak out.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#74 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Advice for the secret CDC Whistleblower by Jon Rappoport

Quote:
He was, a decade ago, part of the CDC team who suppressed data showing a clear connection between the MMR vaccine and autism.

If he comes clean now, he will expose deep crimes of the CDC. He will torpedo the ship.

To succeed, he has to be strong. He has had ten years to consider how to go public.

Express his own shame, remorse, and regret? Yes.

But he mustn’t let his remorse make him so weak he can’t tell the truth in the forthright way the truth deserves.

And he has to say everything he knows. The specifics. Names, dates, places, publications, lies. He has to describe exactly who ordered the suppression of the facts, who said the vaccine was safe when it was a loaded weapon.

The untold number of parents and their autistic children who were assaulted and damaged by vaccines deserve all that.

If the CDC had told the truth about vaccine-damage all along, many lives would have been saved, not destroyed.(my bolding)

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#75 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...es-and-autism/

Well, a skeptic has weighed in.

His main bone of contention seems to be that if Hooker is right, it means Wakefield is wrong. (As Hooker is only showing increased autism risk in African American males, whereas apparently "anti-vaxxers" think Wakefield said mmr=autism.)

This shows quite the lack of understanding. First off, while Wakefiled does have supporters, it is not due to his study. His study had 12 people in it, and he never came to the conclusion that MMR caused autism. So, Hooker is not really proving Wakefield wrong, as Wakefields study did not prove the opposite. Moreover, if you ask non-vaxxers who believe there is a connection between vaccines and autism (not all do) you will get a variety of answers as to why. A common answer might be that vaccines may contribute to autism in susceptible individuals. Some do give more weight to MMR than other vaccines - largely because it is a reactive vaccine as vaccines go, and it is the vaccine most commonly given near a regressive episode (some of which may be coincidence - but how much? The answer evades me) - not because of Wakefield.

Moreover, this issue really isn't about science. In order to determine whether or not African American males were at higher risk of autism from early MMR we would need several studies of high quality. Reproducibility. That being said, if I were an African American with a male baby, this issue would cause me to pause while they sort it out. No harm, no foul, in waiting in my opinion, given the few cases of MMR floating around, and the relative mildness of the diseases.

What this story is about is if the CDC hid evidence of harm or links. I think we will need to wait and see how events unfold. I hope we hear from Dr. Thompson.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...


Last edited by kathymuggle; 08-22-2014 at 10:00 AM.
kathymuggle is online now  
#76 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 09:32 AM
 
Deborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the Seacoast of Bohemia
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Well, we now know that the whistleblower is not a figment of Hooker's imagination. That is progress.

Also, it is quite reasonable to say that this hasn't been picked up because an investigative journalist hasn't had time to dig into the story yet and figure out if it is a real story or not. But to say that BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN PICKED UP that it isn't a valid story is a wild leap to an unsupported conclusion. How, exactly, would we know if journalists are "chomping at the bit"? No good journalist releases a story while they are still digging into it.

Teacozy wrote:
Quote:
What exactly is there to report? An alleged "whistleblower" who allegedly worked for the CDC who is conveniently remaining anonymous supposedly talked to a well known anti vaxer who is a board member of Focus Autism "an organization which believes in the ongoing cover-up of the vaccine/autism link" on the phone?

??

Where is the story? Where is the evidence? The DeStefano thing has been discussed and debunked on many skeptic sites.

Trust me, journalists would be chomping at the bit if there was any evidence or validity to this story. They live for this kind of stuff.
Mirzam, beckybird and samaxtics like this.
Deborah is online now  
#77 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
 
samaxtics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Skeptic?

So basically his message is "hey white folks, move along, nothing to see here".
Mirzam and aggie pop like this.

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
samaxtics is online now  
#78 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
Skeptic?

So basically his message is "hey white folks, move along, nothing to see here".
I got that as well from reading the skeptic blog. Pretty insulting.
aggie pop likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#79 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 AM
 
teacozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
@Deb

What exactly is wrong with my quote? People were asking why major news networks weren't covering the story days and days ago. Like I said, there wasn't anything to report. There wasn't even a name. There was no way to validate the claim. What would a CNN article have even looked like?

"But to say that BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN PICKED UP that it isn't a valid story is a wild leap to an unsupported conclusion."

Thats not what I said or meant. Because it hadn't been picked up it meant it wasn't a valid enough story YET. Whether it turns out to be one is still TBD.

The claim I have been countering is the idea that it hadn't been covered because news stations/journalist aren't allowed to or won't because of the almighty CDC control over the media, or because they won't criticize vaccines. Which is just silly.

If there is a story that they can verify, and it's big enough, they will publish it.

@Kathy , thanks for the link. I'll have to read it later on today when I have time.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
teacozy is offline  
#80 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
This is very concerning:

Breaking: CDC whistleblower Thompson in grave danger now

Some soundbites from the article

Quote:
"William W Thompson, PhD…the CDC whistleblower…was escorted off the premises of the CDC campus yesterday afternoon. This is what a source has just told me."
Quote:
"When it comes to vaccines and protecting that empire, the games are very serious. Deadly serious. The gloves come off.

People have to understand this, if Thompson disappears or shows up dead “as a suicide."
Quote:
Psychiatric detention and drugging, threats of lawsuits for violating “confidentiality agreements,” arrest, “you’ll never get a job again,” and “sudden suicide” are all possibilities.
I hope none of the above happens to Dr Thompson. As Jon Rapport, says:

Quote:
Shining a very bright light on Thompson and his situation is his best hope now.
He is in my prayers.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#81 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Dorit got the memo, see coments.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1164046
applejuice, serenbat and beckybird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#82 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
I don't really know anything about Jon Rappoport.

That being said, I am concerned for Dr. Hooker and Bill Thompson, no matter how the dust settles.

Whistle-blowing is incredibly nasty business, even when they turn out to be 100% correct.

I took a look at the link you posted, and it said Autism Media Channell, which is where the story broke - is gone. I took a look and sure enough: Autism Media Channel is gone. .

http://www.autismmediachannel.com/
serenbat and beckybird like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#83 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Have you tried the youtube link, it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOt...9W3fOc6Mg#t=62

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#84 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
Have you tried the youtube link, it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOt...9W3fOc6Mg#t=62
I am good. The video worked the second time.

Autism Media Channel remains down, though. (Their facebook page says it is technical difficulties. Interesting timing)

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#85 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM
 
teacozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
This was just shared with me. Another pro vaccine blogger (who is an epidemiologist) weighs in.

http://thepoxesblog.wordpress.com/20...-or-something/

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
teacozy is offline  
#86 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,933
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Teacozy, from your link
"Autism is not syphilis. It cannot be cured with a shot. It cannot be cured, period. "

Fail. Sometimes, autism CAN be cured. Not every case, but there are enough now to show that this crackpot theory of "no cure, so give up" is false and dangerous.

 
 
 "Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport
 
 
 
beckybird is online now  
#87 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM
 
Deborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the Seacoast of Bohemia
Posts: 6,628
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
This is rapidly turning very nasty, isn't it?
samaxtics likes this.
Deborah is online now  
#88 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybird View Post
Teacozy, from your link
"Autism is not syphilis. It cannot be cured with a shot. It cannot be cured, period. "

Fail. Sometimes, autism CAN be cured. Not every case, but there are enough now to show that this crackpot theory of "no cure, so give up" is false and dangerous.
This. Autism is not a single disease, it is a label for behaviors associated with neurological damage, this damage can be reversed in some, thank goodness.
serenbat and beckybird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#89 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,933
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
More from the Pox blog:

IF "the assertions of the video are true, Wakefield and his “Autism Media Channel” chose to sit on the information in order to make a good video (and maybe even a good buck) while thousands upon thousands of African-American babies continued to receive the MMR vaccine the world over."

Ehhh Wrong again!! If the assertions are true, then the CDC is responsible, not Wakefield and Hooker. Get that straight right now. I also like how included in this ridiculous paragraph is the part about making a "good buck" off the info. Lol, good one.
Mirzam and serenbat like this.

 
 
 "Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport
 
 
 
beckybird is online now  
#90 of 459 Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM
 
teacozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
I disagree that autism has a cure, medically speaking. Some children improve, but there isn't a cure.

I find it telling that that is the point people chose to focus on out of the whole blog, though. Telling indeed.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
teacozy is offline  
Reply

Tags
cdc , fraud , Mmr

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off