CDC whistleblower - CDC knew MMR autism risk in African American boys 4 times higher - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1173Likes

#121 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

That's gone now. I am curious why and how often they remove articles. It's kind of suspicious to me that not one news outlet anywhere is even mentioning it, but perhaps they are waiting on these official documents, which the natural news guy claims to have.

As an aside, I have to say, I don't like that. It seems like more of a ploy to get clicks/traffic to their website than to expose the truth (or maybe just capitalizing on it?). If you have irrefutable evidence but are still getting things together, then wait. Don't make post after post about it claiming you have the evidence and it will be released in a few days. I hope that if the whistleblower claims are accurate and can be backed up with evidence that they get on it. As someone who genuinely wants the truth to come out, I don't like this rollout.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

Last edited by littlec; 08-23-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: missed a word in there
#122 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

And I've yet to see any proof the earlier study was fraud. It is totally possible to use the same data to find different conclusions using different techniques - especially if the result is marginal.

Is there proof of fraud I've missed (Wakefield said so doesn't work for me).
I'd like an answer to this as well. Where is the evidence anything was covered up? The sound bites are heavily edited and the "whistleblower" doesn't even reference the study at all.

Tweaking and reanalyzing data that is already there until it eventually shows something you want it to =/= a coverup.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
#123 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Not too surprising it ( ireport CNN) has come down.

From Age of Autism http://www.ageofautism.com/2014/08/a....html#comments :
Quote:
(Check out this staggeringly off-message comment from Dorit Reiss on CNN: "Even if his [Brian Hooker's] claims about the study were correct, which is doubtful, it would show that for most of the population, MMR does not cause autism." I imagine a Merck guy yelling in her ear, "Dammit, Dorit, don't ever say it's OK if the MMR just makes a few thousand black boys autistic! Do you really want this job? ")
Dorit "Always look on the bright side of life" Reiss. Yah, not buying it from a professor of law. Or from what's his name.
applejuice, serenbat and beckybird like this.

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
#124 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
This iReport has been removed because it was flagged by the community and found to be in violation of the iReport Community Guidelines and Terms of Use.
What happened there? How often does that happen?

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#125 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
#126 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'll ask again: Where is the evidence anything was covered up?

*puts tinfoil hat on* Where is the evidence that the audio is even from Dr. William Thompson? It may well be audio from some crazy man trying to discredit the CDC by impersonating him. Is there any actual video that shows his face of him talking about a cover up? Has Wakefield met him in person? *takes tinfoil hat off*

If, as Wakefield has said, Thompson agreed to his name being released why on earth would Thompson not just go to the media or a more reliable source? Why cheapen it by going through Wakefield and Hooker? He surely knows that anything either one of them says is going to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt by 99% of the population.

A lot of this just sounds fishy and is not really adding up, in my humble opinion.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
#127 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 01:44 PM

What is your issue with Dr. Hooker?

And by that I mean your issue.
serenbat and beckybird like this.

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
#128 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 01:50 PM

Teacozy said:
Quote:
Where is the evidence that the audio is even from Dr. William Thompson? It may well be audio from some crazy man trying to discredit the CDC by impersonating him. Is there any actual video that shows his face of him talking about a cover up? Has Wakefield met him in person?
Where is the denial from Dr. Thompson if it is not him? Where is the denial from the CDC that it is not him? Where is the denial from the CDC that they didn't purposely omit the data regarding the African American children? So far, just the usual pharma industry mouth-pieces.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#129 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
What is your issue with Dr. Hooker?

And by that I mean your issue.

Here is his youtube video of his speech. It's 45 minutes long, so I don't blame you if you don't want to watch it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkRumlDWbE)

In a nutshell "He pulls no punches, telling us that in his opinion there is a level of “voluntary manslaughter and murder” within the CDC. He calls the federal government “the hub of autism creation” with President Obama and the Gates Foundation exporting autism to other countries with mercury containing vaccines. "

He then accuses the CDC of committing mass genocide.

"There is a lot of discussion towards the end about how vaccines are being intentionally used to create a cheap workforce, what the promoters of the webinar call a “delta workers” (think Brave New World). "

Point being, he's a wackadoodle by most people's standards. I find it highly unlikely that a respected CDC researcher would go to someone like that. If he wanted to be taken seriously and knew his name was going to be released, the logical thing to do would be to go to a credible mainstream source.

As for why Thompson/the CDC haven't made a public response yet....the "information" has only been out since yesterday and now it's the weekend. I'm sure they are going to be releasing something next week sometime.

#130 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

Here is his youtube video of his speech. It's 45 minutes long, so I don't blame you if you don't want to watch it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkRumlDWbE)

In a nutshell "He pulls no punches, telling us that in his opinion there is a level of “voluntary manslaughter and murder” within the CDC. He calls the federal government “the hub of autism creation” with President Obama and the Gates Foundation exporting autism to other countries with mercury containing vaccines. "

He then accuses the CDC of committing mass genocide.

"There is a lot of discussion towards the end about how vaccines are being intentionally used to create a cheap workforce, what the promoters of the webinar call a “delta workers” (think Brave New World). "

Point being, he's a wackadoodle by most people's standards. I find it highly unlikely that a respected CDC researcher would go to someone like that. If he wanted to be taken seriously and knew his name was going to be released, the logical thing to do would be to go to a credible mainstream source.

As for why Thompson/the CDC haven't made a public response yet....the "information" has only been out since yesterday and now it's the weekend. I'm sure they are going to be releasing something next week sometime.

Teacozy, who are you quoting above?

How can you be sure the CDC will be releasing something next week? Do you work for them?

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#131 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Teacozy, who are you quoting above?

How can you be sure the CDC will be releasing something next week? Do you work for them?
Oops, forgot to add the link.

http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/cat.../brian-hooker/

No, I do not work for the CDC

It is just an educated guess, since a name has now been released.

#132 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The source is a Neuro Diversity pharma shill site. What else is it going to say?
#133 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
The source is a Neuro Diversity pharma shill site. What else is it going to say?
The part I quoted was not an opinion piece. The video it is referencing is right there on the link and in my previous post. Watch it for yourself, in his own words.

Edit: Oh, the pharma shill gambit I see. Care to provide any evidence?

#134 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

I have no problem with Dr Hooker.

He seems a decent human being.
#135 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Left Brain Right Brain is a joke. IMHO
#136 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Don't worry, I didn't think you worked for the CDC.

Maybe it's just me, but when I'm speculating about something I don't use language that infers definite knowledge.

You can see the date on the OP of this thread as Aug 18. Plenty of time for the CDC to make a denial.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#137 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Perhaps I should have used the term "pharma-friendly" instead of shill, considering Matt Carey sits on the IACC Committee.
#138 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:39 PM

Teacozy,

I did ask for your issue with Brian Hooker, and you presented someone else's quotes. Is that telling?
I don't have time to watch the video presently.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#139 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Teacozy,

I did ask for your issue with Brian Hooker, and you presented someone else's quotes. Is that telling?
I don't have time to watch the video presently.
Um, no?

More than one person can have the same "issue" with someone. I didn't have time to go through the video and find all his ridiculous quotes about the CDC and Obama to paste for you. I'm glad someone else did, though

Alright, has been fun but I have to go now.

#140 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Um, no?

More than one person can have the same "issue" with someone. I didn't have time to go through the video and find all his ridiculous quotes about the CDC and Obama to paste for you. I'm glad someone else did, though

Ok, have to go now.
So you are relying on that blog to be telling you the truth? Interesting.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#141 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
It's worth remembering that the CDC has always been paranoid that poor black people would start refusing vaccines in mass because of the take-off of "conspiracy theories". They used to (and maybe still do) have a whole TV show script outline they were recommending to TV shows like ER, pushing this scenario, to "inoculate" the population against that potential phenomenon coming true.

So...while it's still possible this is all nothing but a complete hoax, it has the ring of truth to it, IMO. You can search this document for "thompson" and see how the CDC decided to "communicate" their findings for the study.
http://www.putchildrenfirst.org/media/6.16.pdf
They never flat-out say "no associations with race were found." They just...emphasize "older, more educated mothers" showed an increase at 36 months, and present the "parents were vaccinating early to get special ed funding" hypothesis (which I doubt they really believe...it seems more likely to me that it was a statistical fluke/coincidence, if anything.) Or maybe the effect would prove solid if replicated, or indicate a confounding factor they might find difficult identifying or designing yet another study to "prove" was "it."

The problem here (it seems, time will tell) is that the CDC would rather do some data-butchery and handwaving rather than risk a racial PR nightmare. I can't ever imagine the CDC around that time being ok with saying "Ok, well, by some analysis the highest incidence was in black males vaccinated early, BUT WE REALLY THINK IT WAS A COINCIDENCE. SWEAR!!"

That is not how the CDC rolls. In fact, they would have considered it "unethical" to do that, since it would "induce panic" and they would feel like there was blood on their hands if there was a measles epidemic as a result.

I desperately hope there's a full, unedited interview or statement from Bill Thompson out soon. I'm a little worried that he's signed a bunch of non-disclosure agreements (or something like that), though, and the real threat is just him facing jail for leaking classified government information (the CDC is military, remember.)
#142 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 PM

Found the CDC suggested script about people in the inner city, conspiracy theories, and vaccines:

http://www.cdc.gov/healthcommunicati...wimmrates.html

Quote:
A one-year-old inner city child dies of an infection of unknown origin. Rumors spread through the community that the infection was caused by a vaccine recommended by the government. The rumors take on ominous tones, including government-sponsored genocide. As a result of these rumors and a general distrust of the government/medical establishment, many parents refuse to have their children immunized. The local hospital sees an alarming increase in serious vaccine-preventable diseases. Whooping cough, which is especially bad in young babies, and measles spread through the community; a number of children die. The doctors struggle with the crisis as the number of deaths increases. Unfortunately, the rumors continue to fly, and it takes community meetings, educational programs, and doctor visits to PTA meetings before confidence in vaccines is renewed and rates of disease and death start to decline.
THAT, if it was the CDC ITSELF that said something that triggered the "conspiracy theory", would be their worst nightmare.
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#143 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
This re-analysis finds a mild statistical significance increase in autistic kids in one of four subgroups who had MMR before one of two times which were tested - so using a data set to test 8 hypotheses and finds evidence for one. ....

Is there proof of fraud I've missed (Wakefield said so doesn't work for me).

Are we accepting this study as proof of no link between autism and MMR in girls and white boys?
I'm horrified by your attitude here, but that's nothing new.

1) A MILD statistically significant increase? The risk of autism increases 240%--and that is just comparing receiving MMR before 36 months vs. after. There is no comparison with a totally unvaccinated group.

2) You are asking for proof of fraud? You don't think that families of autistic African-American boys feel that they have been defrauded by not having been informed of this increased risk? You don't think the families of Somali-Americans in Minnesota, who have a significantly higher risk of autism than anyone else in the world, might not feel defrauded by having been told that there was no increased risk in giving their infant sons the MMR?

3) Since this study did not compare vaccinated vs unvaccinated girls, or vaccinated vs unvaccinated white boys--in fact, since the authors of this study very carefully AVOIDED studying any unvaccinated children at all, how could we possibly draw any conclusions that the is study is "proof of no link between autism and MMR?"

YOU ARE A SCIENTIST. Surely you know that a study, no matter how carefully designed, cannot "prove no link?" Why would you WANT to "prove no link?"

Do you think that the lives of the children who had severe MMR-induced seizure reactions, resulting in brain damage (yes, with characteristics of autism, as admitted by Julie Geberding), are of so little consequence that it's ethical to design a study that deliberately excludes such children in an effort to "prove no link" between the MMR and the damage to those children--whose lawyers have already proven such damage?
#144 of 459 Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I'll ask again: Where is the evidence anything was covered up?

*puts tinfoil hat on* Where is the evidence that the audio is even from Dr. William Thompson? It may well be audio from some crazy man trying to discredit the CDC by impersonating him. Is there any actual video that shows his face of him talking about a cover up? Has Wakefield met him in person? *takes tinfoil hat off*

If, as Wakefield has said, Thompson agreed to his name being released why on earth would Thompson not just go to the media or a more reliable source? Why cheapen it by going through Wakefield and Hooker? He surely knows that anything either one of them says is going to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt by 99% of the population.

A lot of this just sounds fishy and is not really adding up, in my humble opinion.

I partially agree with this, and I don't vax and have good reason to believe my child has a vaccine injury. Maybe they didn't think mainstream media would cover it accurately, maybe they know that the people who frequent these particular sites already have a distrust in the medical establishment and they wanted to get the info out to the supporters first? I really have no idea, but as I said before, I don't like how it's coming out. First an unknown whistleblower, then, same video but with audio, then claims of evidence that will be released "soon". It's too theatrical for something so serious.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

#145 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post
I partially agree with this, and I don't vax and have good reason to believe my child has a vaccine injury. Maybe they didn't think mainstream media would cover it accurately, maybe they know that the people who frequent these particular sites already have a distrust in the medical establishment and they wanted to get the info out to the supporters first? I really have no idea, but as I said before, I don't like how it's coming out. First an unknown whistleblower, then, same video but with audio, then claims of evidence that will be released "soon". It's too theatrical for something so serious.
I doubt there is a set protocol when it comes to whistleblowing. I don't think there was any reason to trust that mainstream reporters/news would pick up the story and run with it. These news outlets have spent more than a decade slamming Dr. Wakefield and what they label "his theories". I doubt they would be willing to print anything that remotely showed him in a positive light. Case in point how many people knew through mainstream news particularly in the US, that co-accused Professor Walker Smith was exonerated?
If you are a whistleblower, I would imagine it is crucial to get the story out to as many people possible and if you don't figure mainstream news is going to bite, what better way than a whole lot of p'od parents through social media?

I think most of this speculation is a designed distraction. Let's get to the meat of the story. Did the CDC lie? Did they ask their researchers to lie? If so, how long should their jail sentence be?

And in case people didn't know, this isn't CB's first rodeo. Check out this link for her role in the denial of Agent Orange's effects on veterans: http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/09/a...nd-autism.html
Mirzam and serenbat like this.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#146 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 09:05 AM

Does this seem a tad premature to anyone else?

https://twitter.com/DrWakefield/stat...64114497929217

Quote:
User Actions
Follow

Andy Wakefield
‏@DrWakefield
Congressional pressure....Call to retract fraudulent paper...Class action lawsuit
At this point, we still can't even 100% rule out the possibility that this is a hoax - we have no confirmation the voice in the audio is Bill Thompson. We also don't know what Thompson actually said yet if it is him (and I do suspect it is him). The snippets from "the whistleblower" were very short, few, and vague enough to have possibly been referencing almost anything.

Anyone up for putting pressure on Wakefield/Hooker to release the full audio of the conversation? These are very serious accusations being made, and calling for a lawsuit is equally serious. Do they have a responsibility to provide more evidence besides "This is what he said! Trust us! We wouldn't edit the audio to give a false impression, I promise!"?
beckybird and littlec like this.
#147 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I doubt there is a set protocol when it comes to whistleblowing. I don't think there was any reason to trust that mainstream reporters/news would pick up the story and run with it. These news outlets have spent more than a decade slamming Dr. Wakefield and what they label "his theories". I doubt they would be willing to print anything that remotely showed him in a positive light. Case in point how many people knew through mainstream news particularly in the US, that co-accused Professor Walker Smith was exonerated?
If you are a whistleblower, I would imagine it is crucial to get the story out to as many people possible and if you don't figure mainstream news is going to bite, what better way than a whole lot of p'od parents through social media?

I think most of this speculation is a designed distraction. Let's get to the meat of the story. Did the CDC lie? Did they ask their researchers to lie? If so, how long should their jail sentence be?

And in case people didn't know, this isn't CB's first rodeo. Check out this link for her role in the denial of Agent Orange's effects on veterans: http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/09/a...nd-autism.html

I agree that perhaps they went to non-mainstream sites for good reason, but that doesn't change the fact that this has been, thus far, a show. I'm specifically talking about natural news where the author says, "I have the evidence in hand and it will be released in a matter of days." This was at least 3rd article about it on that site, yet no evidence has been released. Only a video with audio of someone they claim is William Thompson- sure, he's not denying it, but he's not confirming it either. It's odd. And it raises questions. Just because I'm skeptical of mainstream stuff, doesn't mean I won't be skeptical of non-mainstream stuff. I can't figure out why, aside from driving traffic to their sites which increases revenue, they would present things this way. I am inclined to believe that those making the claims have hard evidence or they are stark raving mad, but the longer they withhold the documents, the more they tip to the stark raving mad end of the spectrum for me. It's not just crucial to get the story out, it's crucial to get the facts out.

*This in no way is a reflection on my opinion of Colleen Boyle or anyone else at the CDC. I've seen the congressional hearings (meetings?) where she comes across grossly unfamiliar with the things she's supposed to leading. I guess playing dumb is better than admitting fault.

#148 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
I doubt there is a set protocol when it comes to whistleblowing.
Just catching up but I did want to say, I think there is a lot most of us don't know when it comes to whistleblowing!

If we look at the recent Snowden incident it shows you do hold your cards close and your share with only a few and....... you let things trickle out! So none of this when it should have/how it should etc. matters awhile bunch to me, I see it that it will come out when the timing is "right" in the eyes of who holds the cards.

IMO the advantage is on the whistleblower, hold it long and your hand is much stronger. Frankly I see the CDC as not the ones here in the driver seat!
applejuice likes this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#149 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

William Thompson's 2004 letter to Julie Gerberding

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/CD...nes-Autism.jpg

Obtained by Natural News

http://www.naturalnews.com/046597_CD...rberding.html#

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#150 of 459 Old 08-24-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybird View Post
So, when a child improves so much they lose their official autism diagnosis, that's not considered a cure??? Ok. We'll call it a drastic, life changing "improvement", instead of the nasty "c" word.....after all, only a pharmaceutical is capable of "curing" disease and illness.
It is called Landau-Keffler syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landau–Kleffner_syndrome

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Tags
cdc , fraud , Mmr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page