Found It!! -- California Vaccine Exemption Waiver -- Where can I find it online? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found it -- just for future reference if anyone needs it, it's here (front AND back):

http://www.dhs.ca.gov/publications/forms/pdf/pm286b.pdf

My original post:

I homeschool through a public charter isp and my son still needs Hep B to enter K this coming year. (I'm not going to do it; you may have seen my other thread about his DTaP reaction.)

I *know* that the vaccine record required by schools in CA has a BACK side that has an exemption/waiver. I've seen it in the past, however, every form I've been able to get my hands on recently is a photo copy of an original or a PDF online and does NOT contain the information that is included on the back for the exemption. I need to send off enrollment forms to our "back up" charter (i.e. the one we will use if we cannot get into our first choice) and I want to include the waiver side, so we can enroll,

Any links to this elusive form? TIA!

Michele - Mama to Kayla, 8; Jake, 5; and a lost peanut 3/04

Shellie
Declutter - 789/2010 (counting the stuff on my porch waiting for a Freecycler to pick it up! )
#2 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 12:59 PM

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti

Thank you. For some reason, however, I cannot find a copy of the reverse side of the form--the side that contains the exemption. Seems as though it's intentionally made difficult, LOL! The forms I received for the school we want to apply to also only contain the front of the record--and then exemption info is on the back. Very frustrating.

Shellie
Declutter - 789/2010 (counting the stuff on my porch waiting for a Freecycler to pick it up! )
#4 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellie
... my son still needs Hep B to enter K this coming year....
As long as you are looking up California State codes, check into the education codes: kindergarten is NOT required in California - so how can the vaccine be required for kindergarten if kindergarten is not required? As a matter of fact, with the budget crisis in the state, many school districts threatened to cut out kindergarten last year.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#5 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 08:32 PM

I haven't posted to this forum in a while, and I know I don't really need to be thinking about exemption forms yet, but if my son has had some but not all of the vaxes do I need to write down the ones he has had or do I just sign the back? I am in CA so I saved this link.
#6 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot2dot
I haven't posted to this forum in a while, and I know I don't really need to be thinking about exemption forms yet, but if my son has had some but not all of the vaxes do I need to write down the ones he has had or do I just sign the back? I am in CA so I saved this link.
I'm planning on filling in what he *has* had (front of the form) and also signing the exemption to explain what's missing. Unless you are mailing off the forms yourself (as I am) school personnel will look at his vaccine record, fill in what he has on the front and then you can sign the expemption on the back. At least this is what friends of mine have done.

Shellie
#7 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
As long as you are looking up California State codes, check into the education codes: kindergarten is NOT required in California - so how can the vaccine be required for kindergarten if kindergarten is not required? As a matter of fact, with the budget crisis in the state, many school districts threatened to cut out kindergarten last year.
Good point! I did make it sound like he needed the shot and needed to start K, but he doesn't need to. He wants to though. We do homeschool, so I decided to let him start. (The charter has really cool workshops and family activities that he wants to be a part of.)
applejuice likes this.

Shellie
#8 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot2dot
...my son has had some but not all of the vaxes do I need to write down the ones he has had or do I just sign the back?
Be careful, some states say you either do all or none. If that is the case it is best to write down NONE else they can force you to do the rest.
applejuice likes this.
#9 of 16 Old 05-15-2004, 11:12 PM

Quote:

I *know* that the vaccine record required by schools in CA has a BACK side that has an exemption/waiver. I've seen it in the past, however, every form I've been able to get my hands on recently is a photo copy of an original or a PDF online and does NOT contain the information that is included on the back for the exemption. I need to send off enrollment forms to our "back up" charter (i.e. the one we will use if we cannot get into our first choice) and I want to include the waiver side, so we can enroll,

Any links to this elusive form? TIA!

Michele - Mama to Kayla, 8; Jake, 5; and a lost peanut 3/04

I checked your link to the form. Page two does have the box where you sign that it is against your beliefs. The exact wording is...

PERSONAL BELIEFS AFFIDAVIT TO BE SIGNED BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN...

In the past; members have stated that it seems to confuse school staff when you list vaccines given and sign the personal beliefs affidavit. You are really under no obligation to tell them that he has received any shots.
applejuice likes this.
#10 of 16 Old 05-16-2004, 01:28 AM

Hi,
Quick question. I also live in CA (Santa Monica) and was told by dd's ped (Dr. Jay Gordon, who is opposed to VAX. Bless him!) that California Public Schools allow a "personal" exemption from VAX. I am 4 years away from dealing with this issue yet myself, but am I wrong to think all you have you to do is sign something that says we choose not to vax for personal reasons? Shoot--I hope not. THat is one of the reasons I've been thinking of STAYING in California.

PS>> Where in Cali are you?
applejuice likes this.
#11 of 16 Old 05-16-2004, 03:31 AM

Hey Marni,

There are 13 other states that have philosophical exemptions. Here is a link to the code in all 50 states:

http://home.san.rr.com/via/STATES/allstates.htm

If you would like even more specific info; see this page:

http://www.vaclib.org/pdf/exemption.htm#i
applejuice likes this.
#12 of 16 Old 05-17-2004, 11:58 AM

Good to know gilnikche, thanks for the tip--and the links (I always have liked Colorado and Washington too!)
applejuice likes this.
#13 of 16 Old 06-25-2004, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
every form I've been able to get my hands on recently is a photo copy of an original or a PDF online and does NOT contain the information that is included on the back for the exemption.
OMG, how evil and sneaky!

-- Paula
applejuice likes this.
#14 of 16 Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
It is my understanding that programs that are voluntary can chose the rules that want for the participants. I found this out when we looked into our Social Services "Work First" Program. Because the participants chose to participate or not they must also follow the rules of that program, or chose not to participate. Work First requires all paticipant families with children to be vaccinated. If you don't want to adhere then you don't sign up. Needless to say we didn't sign up

I am sure however rules vary between states and also individual counties.
applejuice likes this.
#15 of 16 Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 PM

That link took me half way there.  Here is the other half.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/pm286b.pdf

applejuice likes this.
#16 of 16 Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Starting January 1, 2014, this is the new form.

http://eziz.org/assets/docs/CDPH-8262.pdf

applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page