we need big brother - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
#1 of 27 Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
we need big brother

to tell us what to do, sometimes, and with vaccines, this is the time.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-megy...e-big-brother/

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.”
― Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Can't comment on the politician thread in the INV forum and didn't feel like starting a whole new thread here but just thought I'd share this link.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...backs-vaccines

"Dr. Ben Carson, a potential Republican presidential candidate, on Monday strongly backed vaccinations, splitting from two possible rivals who suggested parents should decide whether to immunize their children.

"Although I strongly believe in individual rights and the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit, I also recognize that public health and public safety are extremely important in our society,” Carson, one of the world’s most prominent and well-regarded pediatric neurosurgeons, told The Hill in a statement."

Well, at least one potential Republican candidate got it right. Although I'm personally #TeamHillary myself

This is going to be a fun election....

"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." ~ Carl Sagan
#3 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
Can't comment on the politician thread in the INV forum and didn't feel like starting a whole new thread here but just thought I'd share this link.

"Dr. Ben Carson, a potential Republican presidential candidate, on Monday strongly backed vaccinations, splitting from two possible rivals who suggested parents should decide whether to immunize their children.

"Although I strongly believe in individual rights and the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit, I also recognize that public health and public safety are extremely important in our society,” Carson, one of the world’s most prominent and well-regarded pediatric neurosurgeons, told The Hill in a statement."

Well, at least one potential Republican candidate got it right. Although I'm personally #TeamHillary myself

He didn't "split" with any of the Republicans. All of them emphasized the importance of vaccination, even Ron Paul. If Carson's a vaccine coercionist and opposes non-medical exemptions, then yes, that would be a split.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#4 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Let's remember want to see and hear about the CDC, now is the time to contact your reps and let your voices be heard!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#5 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:

Tea, do you know that he has part in a group creating a colon cancer vaccine?

“neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.” Bertrand Russell.
#6 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Team Hilary? So Big Brother is not enough, we need Big Sister too?

Yes, Ben Carson is working on a colon cancer vaccine. How did anyone miss that?

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.”
― Plato
#7 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

My heart sinks to my lower instestines every elections season. Off-topic, but I'm guessing that this one's gonna take "depressing" to new levels: http://fusion.net/story/34397/bush-v...rst-nightmare/

Sooooooooo, Bush (VP), Bush (Pres), Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton, (Sec-State), and soon Bush or Clinton. My Inner Populist needs a higher dose of Paxil.

Honestly, where vaccine decisions are left to the state, I suspect that the opinions of presidential candidates are mostly for show. It's like when Obama "evolved" on the gay marriage issue right before election season. I'm all for marriage equality, but it's not like he could do anything about it.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#8 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Yes, Ben Carson is working on a colon cancer vaccine. How did anyone miss that?
You mean he is trying to create a vaccine that could help prevent a cancer that causes over 50,000 deaths every year in the US and which is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined here?

What a monster!

"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." ~ Carl Sagan
#9 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Yes. The immense success of Gardasil is leading the way for all other cancer vaccines.

Colon cancer is largely a disease of diet and lifestyle.

― Plato
#10 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm still fuzzy on the concept of infectious cancer? So is it HPV that (also) can develop into colon cancer, or is there a different STD that this vaccine would attempt to target?
#11 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Many of you outside the vaccine development issue, wouldn't like Carson, because he is STAUNCHLY pro-life. He is opposed to abortifacient birth control, and against the health care mandate for such. He works to help fund crisis pregnancy centers, and believes in the states taking over abortion rights, where many, like my state, would outlaw it.

While he is a huge supporter/creator of vaccines, he ALSO is a proponent of parental rights/non-penalty for non-compliance, homeschooling, and against Common Core.

He isn't a "real" candidate, though. In our nation today, the only candidates are the RINO's and the Democrats. The nation is too drunk on Superbowl to understand what was meant by Benghazi and Fast and Furious, and what is happening to their personal freedoms. In general in our nation, we have stopped being plugged in, and largely just want to make sure we get our Obama phones, "free" vaccines, and our bags of federally funded Cheetoh's, so we can make it to the next weekend event.

Yes, I know this is inflammatory, stereotypical, and condescending. Unfortunately, it's also true.

I don't need any big brother, or progressive big sister "taking care of me". We are better off when we take care of ourselves.

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother joyfully raising 8 children from almost 18 to and Boy/Girl blessings #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#12 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Quote:
You mean he is trying to create a vaccine that could help prevent a cancer that causes over 50,000 deaths every year in the US and which is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined here?

What a monster!
Nnnnnnnnooooooooo, calm down. Pointing out a conflict of interest is not tantamount to calling someone a monster.

#13 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Finding a candidate, particularly after the federalized health care debacle, that isn't sponsored by the pharmaceutical lobby, is a tough one. I don't believe any of the major candidates have not been bought and paid for by the companies that manufacture the very vaccines they urge us to take. Good times. Honest times, folks.

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother joyfully raising 8 children from almost 18 to and Boy/Girl blessings #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#14 of 27 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Jividen View Post
I'm still fuzzy on the concept of infectious cancer? So is it HPV that (also) can develop into colon cancer, or is there a different STD that this vaccine would attempt to target?
The cancer vaccine is a completely different type of vaccine that doesn't target an infectious organism but, rather, it's customized for the patient to genetically target their own cancer cells. Beyond that I really don't know much about it, but it's not about preventing a cancer-causing infection as is the case with both HepB and HPV.
#15 of 27 Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, Ben Carson is working on a colon cancer vaccine.

....and added to the childhood vaccine schedule in 5.... 4..... 3..... 2....
#16 of 27 Old Today, 08:53 AM

Quote:

What a monster!
No one here said he is a monster, but you cant expect him to bite the hand the feeds him.
I like the guy, he has some interesting points of views.

“neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.” Bertrand Russell.
#17 of 27 Old Today, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I'm rather puzzled that these cancer treatments, which are given AFTER cancer is present, are being called vaccines at all. Just to muddy the waters?
#18 of 27 Old Today, 11:56 AM

Dear Madame Secretary,

Pluto is a moon, homosexuals can safely donate blood, and vaccine-induced autism is a very real thing!

#grandmothersknowbestbutPARENTSknowmore
#19 of 27 Old Today, 12:05 PM

PS: voted for President Obama in 2008, Dr. Jilll Stein in 2012.
I am to the left of Michael Moore on most social issues.
Just wanted to be clear about that
#20 of 27 Old Today, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
“This is going to be a big issue for politicians going forward, because it’s about Big Brother,” Kelly said. “But on the other hand, some things do require some involvement of Big Brother.”

This lady is out of her mind.

Homeschooling mom to two boys '08 and '12
#21 of 27 Old Today, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Vaccination is a healthcare issue.

Health, Education and welfare constitutionally fall under the police powers of the states not the federal government.

Asking candidates for federal office their opinion on a state issues is confusing the subject.

And not vaccinating is a bipartisan, equal opportunity issue.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ipartisan.html

― Plato
#22 of 27 Old Today, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Vaccination is a healthcare issue.

Health, Education and welfare constitutionally fall under the police powers of the states not the federal government.

Asking candidates for federal office their opinion on a state issues is confusing the subject.

And not vaccinating is a bipartisan, equal opportunity issue.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ipartisan.html
Anti-science? ugh...

#23 of 27 Unread Today, 09:24 PM

The greatest defense of the common good is measured in it's ability to defend future generations, not just in the here and now, but for a lifetime.

When the current outbreak of the measles goes away, thousands of American families will still be living with autism.

Say what you will about the idea that there is no such thing as vaccine-induced autism, the existing reality is that the current powers that be have no idea how to protect our future generation for the existing lifetime disease.

I'm throwing my hat in with the people that say they do.
#24 of 27 Unread Today, 09:30 PM

Dammit! Typos again!!!! And that was my best work to date!

That would have been SO much cooler if I had typed, "generationS FROM the existing lifetime disease"

Anyway, LOL, y'all know what I mean.
#25 of 27 Unread Today, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

YOu can edit your post!

― Plato
#26 of 27 Unread Today, 10:35 PM

Crap! Thx! Didn't bother to notice that. Will do next time. Sorry!
#27 of 27 Unread Today, 11:19 PM

I want ALL potential candidates to have to weigh in on mandates and exemptions. I'm a liberal, and I am disgusted with the fact that Democratic candidates are never called out on this issue, only the dupes that Rachel Maddow can easily made fun of. So heartbreaking since I usually respect her coverage of current issues.

Left leaning journalists have no problem asking Christie and Paul (both buffoons but in this instance being unfairly reported) about "parent's choice" but Dems are only required to answer questions about vaccines themselves. And, oh yes, the answer is resoundingly contingent with what Secretary Clinton learned in high school:

They are NOTHING but pure! NOTHING but safe! and NOTHING but absolutely 100% effective. I CRY FOUL!!!!!! Wish the self-professed scientific and legal experts would have the decency to defend their left flank. I think Sherri Tenpenny and Mary Holland would have a thing or two to say to "true" defenders of the middle and lower classes. #rachelmaddowandhillaryclintonwillneverpayforyourc hild 'svaccineinjurybecausetheyaretoopeniswhippedtosayt hatsuchathingexists

OK that was incredibly vitriolic but I put it in a hashtag so it's all ok

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page