• 1 Post By Turquesa
  • 1 Post By Iron Princess
  • 1 Post By beckybird
  • 1 Post By applejuice

#1 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Should Airlines Require Vaccination Records from Travelers?

This should be interesting. We're already seeing protest from hospital employees. Will every traveling American run out and get a flu shot? Dig up old vaccine records from 1967?

http://examiner.com.co/airlines-cons...ic-air-travel/

Something tells me that I'll be in my car a lot. Or on AirFrance and Lufthansa because they're not as hysterical in Europe.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...#disqus_thread
Iron Princess likes this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor Private Parts are Private Property!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
LOL I just posted this is INV.

Humanity is a species endangered by its beliefs, and most of all, its religious illusion of superiority.. ~ John Lamb Lash
#3 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

great minds . . .

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor Private Parts are Private Property!
#4 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

Something tells me that I'll be in my car a lot.
Only until they introduce roadside check points. It would be easier to just carry documents with you everywhere you go that prove you are up to date. Of course, these documents would carry the official seal from government approved medical facilities, which is where all vaccines will be administered in the future. Then, once people get good at forging the documents, they might upgrade it to implants with the information coded right into you! Just scan people wherever they go, and the records will always be right there.....you could even tie a person's bank account, social security info, and any other personal info into the implant to make it all run smoothly ......without proof of vaccination, people won't be able to even function in the modern world!

yes, it's out there, right? Well, we are only at the beginning and I don't want to know how far this will go! Yet, as crazy as my imaginary example might be, couldn't you see people like Dorit supporting it? THAT'S what is the most terrifying, that there are real, influential people who would love to see this really happen. (the proof of vaccination in order to function in society....I just made up the rest for fun)
SilverMoon010 and EMRguy like this.

"This is the sickest species the world has ever known."
Dr.John Bergman, speaking about the human species.

#5 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
The FAA source, speaking on condition of anonymity explains that many of the airlines have, “had it with the anti-vaccination arguments and don’t want to be left with the guilt and partial responsibility when a preventable disease spreads by way of air travel.”

Real piece of journalist right there. just like the blogs the provaxer post, no real source, just fear mongering.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin
#6 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Hmm. With everyone required to carry vaccination records, it will be much harder to fudge whether vaxed people are catching and spreading the illnesses.

I can't quite see all the adults in the US lying down for this, frankly. Not even some of the fanatical pro-vaxers.
beckybird and Iron Princess like this.
#7 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
applejuice and beckybird like this.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin
#8 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Hmm. With everyone required to carry vaccination records, it will be much harder to fudge whether vaxed people are catching and spreading the illnesses.

I can't quite see all the adults in the US lying down for this, frankly. Not even some of the fanatical pro-vaxers.
Exactly. I think when adults realize that for many of them this means they will be getting all those vaccines over again, this idea will quickly die.

FWIW, having to get an additional MMR booster because of lack of documentation is what made me question the thing to begin with. When I my the second shot in three years, I actually read the liability waiver I had to sign and was appalled at the list of possible side-effects. Years later, when I had my daughter, my attitude was not one of unquestioning compliance. So maybe forcing adults to re-up would have the opposite of the intended effect.

It's kind of amazing how quickly the American public can be whipped into hysteria. If I didn't have to live here, I might think it was entertaining to watch.
#9 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

My big bad. It's all a satire. That's apparently a satire site.

Do you know what's absolutely pathetic, though?

I would have thought that posting peoples' addresses and arresting them for not vaccinating was satire, too.

We're in such a national state of hysteria that it's hard to tell the difference.

By the way, I love a good satire, but this one wasn't particularly funny.
applejuice likes this.

#10 of 12 Old 02-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
It's a good piece...and will force the pro-vaxxers to think....
applejuice likes this.
#11 of 12 Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
I don't think this opinion piece is meant to be a joke at all:
Unvaccinated Families’ Addresses Should Be Made Public

http://time.com/3703769/vaccine-refu...els-addresses/

Along with sex offenders, now the militant, Nazi-wannabe provax want to publicly track vaccine refusers. ( I'm sure nobody here feels this way though...)

Is this legal with HIV/AIDS, any of the Hepatitis viruses, or any other disease a person actually has? No, so why on earth would it be acceptable to label non vaccinating families?

Insanity. Isn't this how genocidal wars begin?
applejuice likes this.

"This is the sickest species the world has ever known."
Dr.John Bergman, speaking about the human species.

#12 of 12 Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
The federal govt claims it cannot determine how many illegal aliens there are in this nation, yet they want to publish lists of non vaxers?

Where is HIPAA on this? Nonvaxers have not broken any law.

Those who have been convicted of sex crimes have their addresses published for a reason - they broke the law.
beckybird likes this.

"Majorities are never a proof of 'The Truth'."

~ Dr. Walter R. Hadwen, 1896 -

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page