Dispelling Vaccination Myths - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2004, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/a...ling/index.php

Be sure and read part II and part III.

Some of you might have seen this before. I had never come across it and found it very interesting.

Be careful trying to discuss this subject with a pediatrician. Most have staked their identities and reputations on the presumed safety and effectiveness of vaccines, and thus have difficulty acknowledging evidence to the contrary. The first pediatrician I attempted to share my findings with yelled angrily at me when I calmly brought up the subject. The misconceptions have very deep roots.

How true...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 02:17 AM

It looks interesting. Thank you for posting it. I bookmarked it.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:35 PM

I wll bookmark and read later as well. Our first DR refused to treat us anymore when we mentioned we were stopping AJ's vaxes. He was very adamant as well that AJ did not have a reaction to his shots (even though I KNOW he did). Our new ped and is great and while she is a firm believer in vaxes, she knows that I am doing what is best for MY child.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 PM

THis is a great article. I first saw it in my chiropractor's office and asked him if I could make a copy for myself. I have it up in my "library" of vaccine info.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti
http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/a...ling/index.php

Be careful trying to discuss this subject with a pediatrician. Most have staked their identities and reputations on the presumed safety and effectiveness of vaccines, and thus have difficulty acknowledging evidence to the contrary....

How true...
Yes, Gitti, how very true!

Thank you for posting this.

BTW, Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D., a pediatrician, acknowledged that vaccines were dangerous after he had established himself as a writer. He already had another career in the hopper before he let everyone know how very dangerous vaccines were, and how many pediatricians DO NOT vaccinate their own children, after seeing so many vaccine reactions in their own young, trusting patients.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 PM

On the other hand,...

...I personally do not care what a pediatrician has his identity and reputation staked on...

...My identity and reputation is staked on raising a healthy child who will be a self-sufficient adult and an asset to me and to society. If his vaccine will in any way deprive me of my healthy child, then he better take his/her grubby hands off of my dear child....

If that gets in the almighty pediatrician's way, too bad!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 05-24-2004, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
... and how many pediatricians DO NOT vaccinate their own children, after seeing so many vaccine reactions in their own young, trusting patients.
I've heard this before, but never seen it backed up with proof. Would you happen to knwo of any studies that exist on this? I'm really curious to know what percentage of pediatricians do not vaccinate their own children.

I'm curious, in part, because one of my best friends is a pediatrician. I know that her own child has been fully vaccinated, on schedule. However, she has many clients who vaccinate selectively, delayed or not at all. In otherwords, she's open to other povs.

Anyway, I asked her about this and she said she has only met one pediatrician (at a conference) who doesn't vaccinate their own kids. I mean, she's read about them/read books by peds who don't vaccinate their own kids but of the literally dozens of pediatricians she personally knows, only one did not vaccinate on schedule. That doesn't seem like a high percentage.

Of course, my friend is only one person. That's why I'm curious to know if any studies exist.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:47 PM

I know through my own experience.

And that Dr. Mendelsohn said so (?) (I know, anecdotal

Sorry.

I am fifty years old. My Father, of blessed memory, was a Chiropractor. Many of his classmates became medical doctors in the late 1940's early 1950's when it was feasible to do under some grandfather clause the state of California had in place at the time.

Many of these "grandfathered" medical doctors did not vaccinate their children. Two of them were married several times and had many children. They simply forged the vaccination records for their children and some close acquaintances. These doctors continued to do this for their grandchildren. And of course, they all knew of other medical doctors who did the same.

As you could guess, there would be no feasible way to keep records on this. It is all innuendo and rumors. However, this is what I know for a fact about my own experience. That is why people need to be more open about information and much better informed about vaccinations, and not be bullied into a decision by some know-it-all professional. No one should be pushed into doing something to their child they know little or nothing about or are completely unsure.

It is a decision with which you and your child will live a lifetime, not the doctor nor the government.

"When it is your child, the risk is 100%"

Old 05-24-2004, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmadmama
Of course, my friend is only one person. That's why I'm curious to know if any studies exist.
Studies cost money, take time, and interest.

Unless someone is willing to do and fund such a study, it would not happen. Drug companies have lots of $, so any such study financed by them would be slanted their way.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
Studies cost money, take time, and interest.
True. But I don't think it would be that expensive (or even time consuming)to pass out, collect and tally annoymous questionaires at Pediatric conferences. You could even contrast the annoymous questionaires with the percentage of Pediatricans who say they don't vaccinate when asked in person. Maybe something for a grad student to do as an experiment?

I wonder what percentage of a population you need to poll for it to be considered a representative sample?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Old 05-25-2004, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I've heard this before, but never seen it backed up with proof. Would you happen to knwo of any studies that exist on this? I'm really curious to know what percentage of pediatricians do not vaccinate their own children.
Truthful results of this, in print, would be a public relations nightmare for anyone with vested interests in vaccines or vaccine production.

Here we are, the general public, thinking that we need vaccines to stay healthy, and that they're good, and helpful, and now the doctors giving them to our children say they don't vaccinate their own children?

Why? Why are they giving them to our children, but not their own?

No way can a study like this be published.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Doctors who Speak Out Against Vaccines

I suppose if they speak out against it they wouldn't be vaccinating their own kids?

Books written against Vaccination

And if they wrote a book against it, they wouldn't either, right?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Again, I do not have any studies on hand to back me up, but I do know that Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn did say that ob/gyn's in general refuse the MMR even though they are the medical speciality that is in constant contact with pregnant women. The reason that most ob/gyn's and their trade organization, ACOG, give for this omission on their part is that, according to Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn,

"We (the obstetricians/gynecologists) know the cripplinig side-effects of the MMR vaccine (arthritis, for one) and we do not want to incapacitate ourselves, and not be able to do our very important job."

Sounds like a good enough reason for all of us to refuse the MMR, don't you think?

User Tag List