Denmark invites Gardasil girls to speak up and is flooded with cases - Mothering Forums

77Likes

#1 of 35 Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2784 Post(s)
Denmark invites Gardasil girls to speak up and is flooded with cases

http://sanevax.org/gardasil-firestorm-in-denmark/

There was a Danish study which was used to dismiss any problems. It is mentioned in this article.
Quote:
Dr. Schroll stated another source of error is that in the last major Danish/Swedish study among a million girls only looked at those with a diagnosis; not necessarily those with a list of symptoms such as debilitating paralysis of the arms and legs, pain, chronic fatigue, sudden daily fainting, daily migraines and dizziness – like the more than 600 Danish girls currently referred for evaluation.
According to Dr. Jeppe Schroll:
I think the reason why they have not found the side effects in the studies is that they have not been looking for them.
I remember the pro-vaccine people in various places citing that study. When I looked at the study it was obvious that limiting the "count" of problems to those with a specific diagnosis, and only looking at diagnoses with at least three cases, was designed to eliminate thousands of problems. Another example of how to "work" the stats.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 35 Old 07-05-2015, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Why should parents in the US ignore what is happening in Denmark with the HPV vaccines?
applejuice and SilverMoon010 like this.

prevent it
#3 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1419 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Why should parents in the US ignore what is happening in Denmark with the HPV vaccines?
Really? You have to ask?

Okay. I'll answer it for you.

It's because English is not the Danes first language.

#4 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
Really? You have to ask?

Okay. I'll answer it for you.

It's because English is not the Danes first language.
Quiite true. But some news stories about infectious diseases and vaccines do make it to the US, even from countries where people speak languages other than English.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it
#5 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Quote:
Quiite true. But some news stories about infectious diseases and vaccines do make it to the US, even from countries where people speak languages other than English.
Make it where? I dont see MSM articles on this...
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
My daughter just had her last gardisil shot a couple weeks ago. It's hard to say if she is having any adverse reaction because even before she had it she was having fainting spells and dizziness. I know she felt really sore where the shot was but that;s a minor reaction. It was her decision to get the vaccine and we consulted with her ped. who highly recommended it but didn't force it on us and left it up to her.
#7 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 09:34 AM

I realize that in my haste I may not have been totally clear in my last post.
Often N. Americans treat other cultures (particularly those whose first language is not English) as being intellectually inferior so I was being sarcastic in my post.

To me, Europeans seem to be willing to call out issues sooner. Loads of things (chemicals, dyes, food preservatives) have been banned in Europe whereas it is available in spades in N. Amer.

Here's a horrific account where a girl died from an acne treatment. Again, similarities between the way they and vaccine injured families are treated.

http://wp.rxisk.org/dress-syndrome-n...-treat-a-lady/

Here's the mum's observation:

Quote:
Europe says no. America says yes. It can only mean greed.
#8 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn's mom View Post
My daughter just had her last gardisil shot a couple weeks ago. It's hard to say if she is having any adverse reaction because even before she had it she was having fainting spells and dizziness. I know she felt really sore where the shot was but that;s a minor reaction. It was her decision to get the vaccine and we consulted with her ped. who highly recommended it but didn't force it on us and left it up to her.
Sorry, but that isn't clear. Was she having fainting spells and dizziness before she got the first Gardasil shot?
Mirzam and applejuice like this.

prevent it
#9 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Some examples of vaccine related stories that do make it into the mainstream news:

Taliban and polio workers.

India becoming polio free.

Supposed big drop in measles incidence and deaths in Africa from vaccine drives (this is the one where it was all estimates, not actual counts of cases or deaths).

Possible increase in measles in various countries in Africa because Ebola had interfered with vaccine campaigns.

Years and years of stories about measles cases in the UK, all blamed on you know who...but that doesn't count...they speak English (not our version, however) in the UK.

Oh, and the Polish refusal of the swine flu vaccine did make it into the mainstream news.

prevent it
#10 of 35 Old 07-08-2015, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, and the Polish refusal of the swine flu vaccine did make it into the mainstream news.
But the consequences of that refusal have remained invisible.

The dog didn't bark and thousands of Poles did not die from swine flu.

There wasn't a rise in narcolepsy in Poland.

prevent it
#11 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

boosting up this thread to go with the one on the European examination of the HPV vaccines.

Note that there have been 600 reported cases just in Denmark, rather than the 12 which are claimed in the other thread.
Mirzam, applejuice, 95191 and 1 others like this.

prevent it
#12 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
still not winning over the hearts and minds! imagine that! http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...have-backfired
applejuice likes this.
#13 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

That is an interesting article in terms of what they don't discuss. Recent polls on Gardasil mention safety concerns. They only mention safety once, in this context:
Quote:
"There was such an outcry for requirements, just days and weeks after [the HPV vaccine] was introduced," he says. "I think it backfired. Even if well intentioned, it wasn't the right time to talk about requirements. That should come at a particular time in a vaccination program, when all the foundational work has been in place" — work that he says includes making sure that questions of safety...
Merck jumped the gun in pushing for mandates. There are two reasons I can think of why Merck might have done this:

1) They needed the money to help pay for Vioxx

2) They knew that there were safety issues with the vaccine and wanted to get a mass roll-out so they could sell as many vaccines as possible before the sh** hit the fan.
Mirzam, applejuice and Steph Anie like this.

prevent it
#14 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
That is an interesting article in terms of what they don't discuss. Recent polls on Gardasil mention safety concerns. They only mention safety once, in this context:

Merck jumped the gun in pushing for mandates. There are two reasons I can think of why Merck might have done this:

2) They knew that there were safety issues with the vaccine and wanted to get a mass roll-out so they could sell as many vaccines as possible before the sh** hit the fan.
3) Rick (Perry) was going to do most of the work for them in " mandating " - big Texas and the rest of the states were just going to quickly follow!

Funny how they now to justify this! Funny on so many levels!!!
#15 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
boosting up this thread to go with the one on the European examination of the HPV vaccines.

Note that there have been 600 reported cases just in Denmark, rather than the 12 which are claimed in the other thread.
Of course 600 reports doesn't equal proof of 600 cases of damage. With proper management (don't forget the 7 questions) all of these anecdotes can be explained away.

prevent it
#16 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:

Add in the fact that they requested the FDA to fast track it and it amounts to sketchy practices indeed.
applejuice, Deborah and samaxtics like this.
#17 of 35 Old 07-14-2015, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebear3 View Post
Add in the fact that they requested the FDA to fast track it and it amounts to sketchy practices indeed.
HPV constitutes a health emergency! Delaying vaccines will kill people.

I guess it is a good sign that a few small problems are being admitted...in Europe...instead of the total denial thing we've had up till now.

But don't forget that the benefits outweigh the costs. If the drug company can reap the benefits and get someone else to carry the burden of the costs.

prevent it
#18 of 35 Old 07-15-2015, 07:48 PM

Ireland enters the fray:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-342740.html

Quote:
The Department of Health says it continually monitors the HPV cervical cancer vaccine following concerns about possible adverse reactions. Some 861 cases have now been reported to the health authorities... Fianna Fáil has called for a review of suspected cases of serious side effects from the HPV vaccine, after Senator Darragh O’Brien raised concerns about reported cases of severe side effects from the vaccine.
Math isn't my strong suit but I think 861 is more than 12.

Of course they still are trying to claim there is zero risk. But funny (not in the haha sense) that girls in Ireland have similar stories to Gardasil girls in Denmark and Japan.

Quote:
Abbey was a healthy, happy 13-year-old when she received her first dose of Gardasil, along with the Tdap vaccine in school on September 2014.

“She had an adverse reaction straight away. For over an hour, she was left lying on a mat on the floor while the rest of the girls were being vaccinated,” said her father Martin Colohan.

During this time she had seizure-like jerking, rolling eyes, blurred vision, headache, and nausea.

Abbey’s parents were called one hour and 20 minutes later. “When I arrived at the school and asked why an ambulance wasn’t called, I was told I was overreacting and this would wear off,” said Mr Colohan.

The next day, Abbey’s parents found her their home in Co Meath, having turned a red-blue colour, she was jerking uncontrollably and was unable to speak, with chest pain and swollen joints. Lorraine, Abbey’s mum, called the GP, but by the time Abbey was seen her symptoms had stopped.

She had a seizure the following day at school. She was transported to Drogheda hospital where she was kept for six days. As she was being discharged, Abbey had another bad seizure.
#19 of 35 Old 07-15-2015, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Quote:
Stories of children getting seizures after DPT are relatively common. Although physicians attribute these episodes to the fact that the time when the pertussis vaccine is given is typically the same period when neurological conditions develop in infants,
So I guess these physicians also believe that the HPV coincides with the same period when similar neurological conditions develop in teenagers.
#20 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety_Bird View Post
So I guess these physicians also believe that the HPV coincides with the same period when similar neurological conditions develop in teenagers.
Absolutely. It is very common for teenagers to suddenly become terribly ill and disabled for no reason...

prevent it
#21 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
"For over an hour, she was left lying on a mat on the floor while the rest of the girls were being vaccinated,” said her father Martin Colohan.

During this time she had seizure-like jerking, rolling eyes, blurred vision, headache, and nausea.

Abbey’s parents were called one hour and 20 minutes later. “When I arrived at the school and asked why an ambulance wasn’t called, I was told I was overreacting and this would wear off,” said Mr Colohan."

WTF??
applejuice, Deborah, 95191 and 1 others like this.
#22 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM

I happened to be at my child's school the day they were doing the HPV vaccination for girls in grade 5. There were girls passing out and lying on cots. Those parents had to rely on someone else's (perhaps biased) account of what happened to their child.

Here are my tips for the day:
-If you wouldn't send your 10 year old to the dentist on their own why would you consent to someone performing a medical procedure (vaccination) in your absence?
-Don't allow your children to undergo medical procedures en masse in a non-medical setting.

But I hope that family brings a complaint against the school for not notifying them immediately. Absolutely inexcusable.

And now the "seizure-like jerking, rolling eyes, blurred vision, headache, and nausea" probably won't be reported and the provaxers can claim there are no adverse reactions.
applejuice, Deborah, 95191 and 1 others like this.
#23 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 1752 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It just plays into the school-marms-afraid-of-sex narrative.

ETA: But I expect more news media social lobbyists to demand mandatory HPV vaccination. They're still reeling from their SB277 victory, after all.
applejuice and Deborah like this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

Proud member of #teamvaxchoice

Last edited by Turquesa; 07-16-2015 at 09:48 AM.
#24 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
This is all very interesting stuff. Thank you all for sharing.

As I've said before, I'm pro-vax, but that doesn't mean "pro-ALL-the-vaccines-without-asking-any-questions." (At least, it doesn't to me. Maybe it does to some people.)

Anyway, I've never had a flu shot and never had Gardasil because I think, based on the evidence so far, that the risks of those particular vaccines outweigh their benefits. I guess that may put me more in the "selected/delayed" camp, but I guess I'm bad at labeling. I'd really just like to be in the "makes informed decisions" camp.

I also might be holding a grudge against Gardasil because when it first came out, my GP at the time told me that, at the ripe old age of 26, I was "too old for it and you've probably already got HPV anyway." Uh, excuse me??

I'm actually quite grateful now that he didn't recommend it, but still. He could have phrased it a little better.
#25 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics;18919361
-If you wouldn't send your 10 year old to the dentist on their own why would you consent to someone performing a medical procedure (vaccination) [B
in your absence?[/B]
-Don't allow your children to undergo medical procedures en masse in a non-medical setting.

We have drive-by clinics - we have them in McD's!

Vaccines are just like candy! Handed out by many and easy to get! No biggie, not sure, no problem it won't hurt you! This is the message people are TOLD over and over - not sure, take another!

MOST do not view it as a "medical procedure" and think those "RARE" things just can't happen!......... at least to their child!
applejuice, Deborah and samaxtics like this.
#26 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadePlant View Post
This is all very interesting stuff. Thank you all for sharing.

As I've said before, I'm pro-vax, but that doesn't mean "pro-ALL-the-vaccines-without-asking-any-questions." (At least, it doesn't to me. Maybe it does to some people.)

Anyway, I've never had a flu shot and never had Gardasil because I think, based on the evidence so far, that the risks of those particular vaccines outweigh their benefits. I guess that may put me more in the "selected/delayed" camp, but I guess I'm bad at labeling. I'd really just like to be in the "makes informed decisions" camp.

I also might be holding a grudge against Gardasil because when it first came out, my GP at the time told me that, at the ripe old age of 26, I was "too old for it and you've probably already got HPV anyway." Uh, excuse me??

I'm actually quite grateful now that he didn't recommend it, but still. He could have phrased it a little better.
What I find a big turn-off from the vaccine pushers is that "informed decisions" are frowned upon. "Just get your damned vaccine" seems to be the official approach.

And those who do say no for whatever reason can expect to be considered by one of many marketing studies. Why are members of this or that minority group reluctant to get their daughters the HPV vaccine? Why are there still safety concerns about the HPV vaccine after we've told everyone how safe they are? And so forth and so on.

I find it hard to trust people who don't want to accept no as an answer to a medical procedure.

I also fully expect HPV vaccine mandates to begin in lots of states, riding on the measles hysteria coat-tails (sorry for the muddled metaphors).

And flu vaccine mandates, too.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#27 of 35 Old 07-16-2015, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
#28 of 35 Old 07-21-2015, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

HPV 9 is out and about I think, so I'm boosting HPV threads again. Yes, it has actually been out for several months. I wonder if the VAERS reports have started coming in?

I also wonder if this vaccine will be allowed in Denmark, Japan or the UK, not to mention Spain, France and Colombia.

http://www.mercknewsroom.com/news-re...ory-committee-

As of today's date, there are already 14 reports to VAERS for the new Gardasil 9. Of course we have no idea how many doses were administered.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#29 of 35 Old 07-23-2015, 04:48 PM

@Tweety_Bird

I just noticed the "Panel recommends speeding" under Snyderman et al.

Boy, they really don't give a shite about children.

#30 of 35 Old 07-23-2015, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Odd, but there seems to be a real reluctance to actually talk about the HPV vaccine problems.

But once they have been whitewashed, we'll hear all about it!
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page