Response to Rubella Vaccine in Somali and Black Children Suggests MMR Vaccine and Aut - Mothering Forums

50Likes
  • 3 Post By Mirzam
  • 2 Post By Deborah
  • 3 Post By Mirzam
  • 5 Post By thtr4me
  • 4 Post By Tweety_Bird
  • 2 Post By Deborah
  • 2 Post By mama24-7
  • 2 Post By Tweety_Bird
  • 2 Post By Deborah
  • 3 Post By Nemi27
  • 3 Post By Nemi27
  • 3 Post By Deborah
  • 2 Post By applejuice
  • 4 Post By Deborah
  • 5 Post By applejuice
  • 4 Post By Nemi27
  • 1 Post By Anne Jividen

#1 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Response to Rubella Vaccine in Somali and Black Children Suggests MMR Vaccine and Aut

http://vaxtruth.org/2015/06/mayorubellastudy/

From the study:

Quote:
Somali Americans develop twice the antibody response to rubella from the current vaccine compared to Caucasians in a new Mayo Clinic study on individualized aspects of immune response. A non-Somali, African-American cohort ranked next in immune response, still significantly higher than Caucasians…
Comment from Marcella Piper-Terry:

Quote:
Somali Americans and Black Americans have greatly increased immune response to the Rubella vaccine, as compared to the immune response of Whites and Hispanics.
Children in the Somali immigrant community have significantly higher rates of autism, as compared to the rates of autism for non-Somali children.
The Autism Speaks article shows lower rates of autism in Non-Somali Black Children in Minneapolis; this is hypothesized to be due to lower awareness and lack of access to care among those in the Black Community. This article and this article support that hypothesis.
As the vaccinology scientist in the video above explained, differences in the immune response are not only related to how well the vaccine works, they are also related to the frequency and severity of side-effects from the vaccine. (Many of us refer to “side effects” as “adverse reactions.” Adverse reactions may include autism.)
The 2004 study conducted by the Vaccine Safety Research Group at The CDC found that Black children who received the MMR vaccine prior to 36 months of age had greatly increased rates of autism, as compared to their non-black peers. (That information was eliminated from the published report. You can read more about that here.)
The MMR vaccine contains three live virus vaccines: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.
A growing body of research indicates that at least for many, autism may be the result of an autoimmune response (here and here for a sampling), with higher rates of autoimmune disease among family members, most especially in the mother. This strongly suggests that children who regress in early childhood and are later diagnosed with autism may do so because their immune systems do not respond in the same way TO SOMETHING, as do children who do not develop regressive autism.
What do you suppose that SOMETHING might be?

Could it be…. vaccines? If you believe what the vaccinology scientist has to say, it certainly could be.
applejuice, samaxtics and Nemi27 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#BeBrave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 308 Post(s)
Quoted: 2641 Post(s)
The denial of any problems due to any vaccine in any population at any time is so entrenched that nothing short of tank warfare will dislodge it.

Drag, isn't it?
applejuice and Anne Jividen like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Oprah Winfrey should be determining what gets injected into our babies. No doubt She would talk to Dr Humphries.

#4 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Anne, I doubt very much Oprah would talk to Dr Humphries.

However Tony Mohammad and Louis Farrakan have reached Ceelo Green, and some rappers I have never heard of but seem to be a big deal, under the #JusticeOrElse banner. Tony Mohammad has also spoken to Kanye West and either Snoop or Diddy (don't remember which one he said it was).

#BeBrave

Last edited by Mirzam; 06-23-2015 at 02:12 PM.
#5 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Jividen View Post
Oprah Winfrey should be determining what gets injected into our babies. No doubt She would talk to Dr Humphries.
Only I should get to decide what gets injected into my babies. Full stop. End of discussion. No one else has a right to tell me what to inject into MY babies.

Cristina, Mama to Michael , Nathan , and an angel.
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
#6 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
There is an article in the Globe and Mail titled: The Somali autism puzzle:

Quote:
Idar Hassan named her third child Ali, after a beloved cousin. Beautiful and alert, Ali could say "dada" and cruise around the living room, hanging onto furniture, by the time he was eight months old.

But a few months later, Ali's mood became increasingly irritable. He stopped babbling and making eye contact, and would only drink milk. His big brown eyes often filled with tears as he raged in the corner of the room.

"He was miserable. I had to stay up all night with him, watching him walk in circles," recalls Ms. Hassan, who immigrated to Toronto from Somalia in 1991. "It was like everything went black. The switch went off."

Ms. Hassan sought answers from three different doctors until she was finally referred to a developmental pediatrician at North York General Hospital. Ali was diagnosed with autism.

In his case it was regressive, which means he inexplicably lost the speech and social skills he had learned as a baby....
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article572688/

It seems that the 'experts' would rather believe that there is something that they are eating here that they didn't eat back home that is causing the 'inexplicable' regressive autism. We can guess what happened to this child between his eighth month and a few months later.

They didn't even know of autism back home but after emigrating to North America many more of them are afflicted with autism compared to the local population. They can't simply blame it on genes. They should have the same genes in North America as they had in Somalia.
#7 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 06:44 PM

Explaining away the high rate of autism in the Somali community is a challenge. http://momswhovax.blogspot.com/2011/...mmigrants.html

Quote:
The Somali communities in both Minnesota and Sweden, which are roughly on the same latitude lines (this comes into play later), have been suffering what seems like higher than normal occurrences of autism in their children. Faced with a terrifying illness with no easy answers, Somali immigrants have often been understandably frightened and looking for reasons why their children have changed so dramatically. Autism rates in Somali are so low as to be considered non-existent. There must be something happening in this new country that is causing this dread disease.
At the end of the article, they mention Vitamin D as a factor.

However, if a population has a physical problem, i.e. Vitamin D deficiency, isn't it possible that this problem might interact with vaccinations? You know that thing about small "sub-groups" that keeps getting mentioned by the IOM, etc?

prevent it
#8 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Jividen View Post
Oprah is complacent at best (& endorsing at its worst) forced prepuce amputation of boys only (aka circumcision) in the US so that face cream that she uses can be made. I highly doubt she'd touch the vaccine story.

Sus
#9 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Explaining away the high rate of autism in the Somali community is a challenge. http://momswhovax.blogspot.com/2011/...mmigrants.html

At the end of the article, they mention Vitamin D as a factor.

However, if a population has a physical problem, i.e. Vitamin D deficiency, isn't it possible that this problem might interact with vaccinations? You know that thing about small "sub-groups" that keeps getting mentioned by the IOM, etc?
Have yet to see a list of signs of Vitamin D deficiency that includes autistic disorders including awful bowel disease etc.
#10 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety_Bird View Post
Have yet to see a list of signs of Vitamin D deficiency that includes autistic disorders including awful bowel disease etc.
It is a factor, see? But it couldn't possibly be a factor if it is linked to vaccines.

We are talking a special sort of logic and science, I think.

prevent it
#11 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I wouldn't say that a deficiency in vit D would cause autism, but there are higher in rates in higher latitudes which would suggest it somehow is playing a minor role - perhaps in detox. I looked into this a lot when I was pregnant - Dr. Jay Gordon's book talks a lot about the things that are correlated with Autism and lack of vit D is one. I don't recall how this works exactly - this is from subsequent other reading (not just Gordon's book): People with light skin need more folate because processing vit D uses your stores of folate, darker skinned people don't get depleted as quickly, however need more sun, especially in high latitudes to process any vit D. Cholesterol also plays a role in vit D synthesis (and also in brain related diseases such as Alzheimer's - statins example of decreasing cholesterol causing huge cognition issues). Too bad they didn't just test the titer levels of these children some of them may have already had immunity rather than doing the blanket all vaccine schedule. Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited by Nemi27; 06-24-2015 at 09:23 PM.
#12 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 09:21 PM

The Somali example is probably the one example where you'd need some sort of very special logic to get rid of the vaccine explanation.
#13 of 18 Old 06-25-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi27 View Post
The Somali example is probably the one example where you'd need some sort of very special logic to get rid of the vaccine explanation.
Which is why they are having a hard time convincing this population to vaccinate on schedule.

prevent it
#14 of 18 Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I read a few years ago that transplanted Somalians call autism the Minnesota disease since in their native language and culture, there is no concept of such a condition.
Anne Jividen and Nemi27 like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are gonna get - eczema, allergies, diabetes, petit/gran mal seizures, GBS, coma, death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~

#15 of 18 Old 06-25-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I read a few years ago that transplanted Somalians call autism the Minnesota disease since in their native language and culture, there is no concept of such a condition.
I've seen pro-vaccine comments discussing the lack of a word for autism in Somalia as simply due to their not having advanced medical care available, so they never recognized that their children and adults were on the autistic spectrum. Alas, I don't have any links to substantiate this bit of fantasy.

prevent it
#16 of 18 Old 06-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I have heard similar excuses for the fact that the Somalian parents had no idea what happened to their developing children outside of being in Minnesota or Sweden. OR there were outright lies that there is autism in Somalia and we simply do not know much about their culture or language to understand it. We are not that stupid and neither are the Somalis.

Sad. They left the terror of lawlessness in Somalia for the civilized world only to watch their children suffer from the diseases of the medicine and poisons of civilization. Not a fair trade.
Mirzam, Deborah, samaxtics and 2 others like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are gonna get - eczema, allergies, diabetes, petit/gran mal seizures, GBS, coma, death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~

#17 of 18 Old 06-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I have heard similar excuses for the fact that the Somalian parents had no idea what happened to their developing children outside of being in Minnesota or Sweden. OR there were outright lies that there is autism in Somalia and we simply do not know much about their culture or language to understand it. We are not that stupid and neither are the Somalis.

Sad. They left the terror of lawlessness in Somalia for the civilized world only to watch their children suffer from the diseases of the medicine and poisons of civilization. Not a fair trade.
Even worse: just think of how hard it is for someone whose native language isn't English, who isn't used to the Western system, who isn't familiar with medical practices and rights, and then have to navigate through our vaccine schedule. What an absolute nightmare...
This is a group that needs some vaccine rights advocates.

I love how people can dismiss everything. I honestly believe that many people hate vaccine skeptics because it's just too painful to believe that there is corruption in this industry and that their child could have been hurt by it while they stood by.

Language is an interesting way to look at and study culture. The fact that they call it Minnesota Disease illustrates how it is linked to the new environment. And oh god, not another they just didn't have the right categorization system, the right name, the right medicine to see this apparent disease in front of them.... chilling arrogance.
#18 of 18 Old 06-27-2015, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
I think pharma takes advantage of Black and Brown PEOPLE not being able to voice a concern. I am not on-board with anti-semitism, i am not on-board with homophobia, there is no ethical separation of the races NO ONE should be on board with that!
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by Anne Jividen; 06-27-2015 at 06:00 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page