Season Opens this Year on Time - Mothering Forums

59Likes

#1 of 33 Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Season Opens this Year on Time

I was sent this and thought I would share.

Since PRO vaccers on here love to post links to PRO bloggers all the time, maybe we should know more about those who are helping the PRO Agenda movement MOVE!

I assume the PRO vaccers want others to have access to information on those they value and look to for advise.

http://www.thevaccinereaction.org/20...ne-party-line/

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Notice the pattern. This is only a smattering of the handiwork of these two bloggers, but you begin to get the idea. Orac’s defensiveness, in particular, may have something to do with his research on a Sanofi-Aventis drug called Riluzole (Rilutek®),10 which may well eventually be used to treat autism. Riluzole has been approved for clinical trials (for autism) by the FDA, and one can imagine the money that might be at stake if the drug makes it to market.11 12 13

Some magic is fiction, other is REAL magick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 33 Old 01-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
I can't stand those blogs. Ill never understand how someone can stoop to such a level of name calling and in the same breath call themselves superior and right. Run away pride if ive ever seen it. What happened to intellectual debates and respectfully disagreeing?

Anyways, if he really is involved in sanofis autism drug, of course they'd want to banish any thoughts of vaccines leading to autism. Could you imagine the rage over their vaccines causing the very injuries that they then treat with yet another drug? For that very reason i think itd take a lot of whistleblowers to come forward for these things to come to light and be investigted from a truly independent 3rd party.

I just have to say how much this made me laugh.

"As someone who comes from a strong basic science background, having been a chemistry major (who graduated with honors–so, there!), I think I can see [her] problem. First, she seems unduly proud of her science background, wielding it like a talisman against charges that she doesn’t know what she’s talking about (which she doesn’t). Unfortunately, as those of us in medicine know, what you did 25 or more years ago in college has little bearing on what you can or can’t understand now."

Oh the hypocricy and arrogance of that man. The very thing he accuses all of the so called quack drs of doing, he does himself over and over and over. Touting his knowledge as always superior and 100% right. Reminds me of reading through the interviews and seeing how salk and sabin treated people who brought up doubts about the safety of the polio growth medium. Turns out they were wrong but couldnt possibly see that through their hubris or dollar signs. It seems that pride tends to blind these people and it certainly dies hard.
#3 of 33 Old 01-16-2016, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebear3 View Post
I just have to say how much this made me laugh.
Me too!

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

#4 of 33 Old 01-16-2016, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Unfortunately, as those of us in medicine know, what you did 25 or more years ago in college has little bearing on what you can or can’t understand now."
... such as learning about the benefits of vaccinations? 25 years ago, the vaccine CDC schedule was much shorter.

I doubt many doctors think much past their medical school education. Remember that nutrition is an elective subject in med school and the curriculum is designed and paid for by the Kroc Foundation (McDonald's). Doctors learn very little about vaccines and immunology also. Less than a week is spent discussing this concept, and of course, the curriculum and textbooks are put together by the drug companies that make vaccines. Therefore, doctors learn very little about vaccine reactions and how to properly diagnose them; they are one in a million doses, so why bother learning about something one may never see?
Deborah, runes, serenbat and 3 others like this.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has. "

~Margaret Meade

#5 of 33 Old 01-16-2016, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

@applejuice there you go again!!!!!!!!! injecting knowledge and reason!!

Odd isn't it? Another biggie with the PRO Agenda is to drown out the voice of supplements and vitamins WHENEVER connected to those who talk about vaccines! ahhhhhhhh time and time again go after those who the PRO side say are pushing supplements & vitamins! Making money of those thing! Can one imagine that?! Those who talk about vaccine make money off of vitamins! Oh the horror!!!!!!!

Odder still those in the PRO movement screaming the loudest and going after the vaccine / vitamins one are also ones who (gasp!) also DO use vitamins and supplements!!!!!!!! Double-standard!!!

It's OK if you are pregnant and take prenatals and if you need iron supplement fine too!

It's OK if your ped says your kid needs supplements!

It's OK if you are pushing big BAD Pharma, just get your vitamins and supplements from big BOX stores instead!!!!!!!! oh, the sheer irony of the PRO Agenda!

Who recommends supplements? Let's see -
https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-...eficiency.aspx
https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-...r-Infants.aspx
http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/nutrecomm/en/

and supplements and vitamins with vaccines related diseases? oh, yea!
http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/vad/en/
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/18/9/11-1701_article
http://www.who.int/elena/titles/bbc/...a_children/en/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11869601
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/91/5/1014

But always far better to paint that big PRO brush and say those who sell vitamins are evil! Many who the PRO supports post about on here (blog, etc) are the one going after those who sell vitamins! Like like organics and GMO, go after supplements sellers, but take them when you Dr say so!

#6 of 33 Old 01-17-2016, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
@serenbat

Sometimes it truly does feel like the twilight zone. I think when the making money argument comes up itd be great to have a side by side profit comparison and total for pharmaceutical based drugs, vaccines, and then the supplement market.

I do find it humorous that many man made drugs try to replicate natural substances to get similar therapeutic effects but they are able to patent it. If people only knew that you can't patent things of nature, maybe they'd realize why new drugs are constantly churned out. Especially replacement drugs that take the place of a company's drug with an expired patent. Drug innovation has more to do with churning out a patented blockbuster drug than it does with health.
#7 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Gentle Reminder For Us All...

Please take a moment to review our user agreement, including the following...

Quote:
General Conduct
Mothering aims to be a welcoming environment to discuss subjects pertaining to and surrounding natural family living. We appreciate that members come to our community at different places in their parenting journey and one of our goals is to welcome and educate new members. With that in mind, we expect our members to keep conversations civil and on topic, and uphold the integrity and diversity of the community. We value the honest and supportive exchange of ideas and opinions, and we ask that members avoid negative characterizations and generalizations about others. Examples and calm explanation are more useful than condemnation of ideas that differ from Mothering’s philosophies.

Attacking or Name Calling
Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Attacking someone to provoke a negative response is not allowed. We ask that you post with a “no namecalling, no attacking, no insulting remarks” understanding. Discuss the topics, not the person or people.
#8 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket VS View Post

Is this information allowable?

This PRO vaccine paper not only took photo off of this site but names names of Anti-vaxer who post on here. Should those who post on here not know about this? Please clarify.

http://scholarship.claremont.edu/cgi...scripps_theses
applejuice likes this.

#9 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

This PRO vaccine paper not only took photo off of this site but names names of Anti-vaxer who post on here. Should those who post on here not know about this? Please clarify.

you mean in the footnotes like this?
Quote:
http://www.mothering.com/community/t...eve-justhad-it

103 Giorgio Fedele, Manuela Bianco, Anne-Sophie Debrie, Camille Locht, and Clara
Maria Ausiello, "Attenuated Bordetella pertussis vaccine candidate BPZE1 promotes
human dendritic cell CCL21-induced migration and drives a Th1/Th17 response," The
Journal of Immunology 186:9 5388-96, accessed (2011): 5388-5396.
104 Ssun5, January 25, 2014 (12:13 a.m.) comment on Mothering, “Whooping cough
question (we just had it),” mothering.com,
http://www.mothering.com/community/t...eve-justhad-it

Quote:
105 Mirzam and Li27, comment on mothering “whooping cough questions (we just had it).
Taximom5, September 13, 2013 (5:51 a.m.) comment on Mothering, “Anybody here
whose children have had severe reactions to vaccines?,” mothering.com,
Quote:
8 applejuice, comment on mothering, “worried about measles in NYC.”
Quote:
133 whompingwillow,, June 29, 2013 (5:49 p.m.) comment on mothering, “My son got the
MMR and chicken pox vaccine but is having some kind of reaction? Help!,”
mothering.com, http://www.mothering.com/community/t...-reaction-help

134 taximom5, comment on mothering, “My son got the MMR and chicken pox.”
135 Momtezuma tuatara, comment on mothering, “My son got the MMR and chicken
pox.”
lot of this paper dedicated to outing people on here....chock FULL of refererences of members on here, pic included too.
applejuice likes this.
#10 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:

We simply want to use caution in the wording that we use, such as "Is it troll season, again?".

Public comments in a community can be quoted (within reason) on other sites based on copyright laws regarding "fair use".
#11 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 1897 Post(s)
Quote:

Can you please specify what exactly is opposed to the user agreement? I am a little lost.

If linking to and discussing an article off MDC that is less than complimentary towards pro-vaxxers (and certain pro-vaxxers at that) is not acceptable, then neither is linking to skeptic posts, which are always nasty towards non-vaxxers.
applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#12 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:50 AM

maybe the post title should just be changed to "Season Opens this Year on Time"....it leaves out that lil word...
applejuice likes this.
#13 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

@emmy526 yes! The author doesn't do to good of a job with those footnotes, she also mentions yours truly and @kathymuggle as well - frankly lots of name in addition to the ones you quoted.

I was recently told by another mod that private information was allowable on here and it was up to the said holder/website to remove it and the decision was made to keep the private material posted. That is why I am asking about this.

Names lots of name of members on here that get talked about in other sections of the web by the PRO Agenda.
emmy526 likes this.

#14 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We simply want to use caution in the wording that we use, such as "Is it troll season, again?".

Public comments in a community can be quoted (within reason) on other sites based on copyright laws regarding "fair use".
If we are called trolls is not fair to call the other side that too? The original link I posted used that.
Quote:
Internet Trolls Attack Anyone Resisting Vaccine Party Line

#15 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 1897 Post(s)
Quote:

Then why not ask for a title change which is clear and does not leave anyone wondering what they have done that is wrong, or why this is being singled out when far worse links have been left alone? Just my 2 cents

ETA: what is a troll? If the person in question fits the definition - then can we use it? Or should would just use words such as "internet $hit disturber" ?
serenbat likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Last edited by kathymuggle; 01-18-2016 at 09:29 AM.
#16 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Can you please specify what exactly is opposed to the user agreement? I am a little lost.

If linking to and discussing an article off MDC that is less than complimentary towards pro-vaxxers (and certain pro-vaxxers at that) is not acceptable, then neither is linking to skeptic posts, which are always nasty towards non-vaxxers.
Your shout out is on page 118 of the theses I just linked.
applejuice likes this.

#17 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Then why not ask for a title change which is clear and does not leave anyone wondering what they have done that is wrong, or why this is being singled out when far worse links have been left alone? Just my 2 cents
I used what was used in the title of what I posted.
applejuice likes this.

#18 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If we are called trolls is not fair to call the other side that too? The original link I posted used that.
I have no control over the policies on another site but we do have a long standing User Agreement on this site.

Thank you for understanding.
#19 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

I do understand that many like to know when they are being used by others. When what they say on here is taken and used in other places.

The numerous names, plus photo of child having reaction was used.

The member @whompingwillow might want to know their private image was used and made public, plus their words used on here.

#20 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Season is year round

not that it opened on time, that makes no sense, on time for what?

#21 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Season is year round

I used the title suggested in this thread.

If you have another suggestion, please feel free to let me know.
#22 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I used the title suggested in this thread.

If you have another suggestion, please feel free to let me know.
I had posted it to Kathy

Quote:
Season is year round

but frankly I think that the article's title should be reflected in the thread title to make it sensible

I don't understand what this is to mean - Season Opens this Year on Time - again, on time vs?
applejuice likes this.

#23 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I had posted it to Kathy

but frankly I think that the article's title should be reflected in the thread title to make it sensible

I don't understand what this is to mean - Season Opens this Year on Time - again, on time vs?
vs year round...with the new year just starting, along come new resolutions for some people, such as being more outspoken on a certain topic and joining new forums.
applejuice and serenbat like this.
#24 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post
vs year round...with the new year just starting, along come new resolutions for some people, such as being more outspoken on a certain topic and joining new forums.
either way, others need to see when they are being used!
applejuice and Anne Jividen like this.

#25 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
The member @whompingwillow might want to know their private image was used and made public, plus their words used on here.
Once an image is posted here it's no longer private - it's very very public. It's one of the reasons I would hesitate before posting a personal picture here - we have all seen how words and images found here have ended up shared on other blogs, often taken out of context.

It's the risk we all run when we share personal information but anyone who thinks that an image posted here is still private (unless in one of the private forums) is sadly mistaken. Mothering is very Google searchable by anyone.
serenbat and Anne Jividen like this.
#26 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
Once an image is posted here it's no longer private - it's very very public. It's one of the reasons I would hesitate before posting a personal picture here - we have all seen how words and images found here have ended up shared on other blogs, often taken out of context.

It's the risk we all run when we share personal information but anyone who thinks that an image posted here is still private (unless in one of the private forums) is sadly mistaken. Mothering is very Google searchable by anyone.
Frankly I can't imagine why anyone would do it! And delete doesn't mean gone!

#27 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Frankly I can't imagine why anyone would do it! And delete doesn't mean gone!
Probably for the exact same reason posts from blogs and other websites are brought here. And that happens every single day.
#28 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably for the exact same reason posts from blogs and other websites are brought here. And that happens every single day.
It's one thing to bring a blog but another to post personal information, that's a choice. And here we see how it's used.
applejuice likes this.

#29 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
It's one thing to bring a blog but another to post personal information, that's a choice. And here we see how it's used.
Anything posted on the Internet on a non-private website isn't private anymore - it's public. And that is the exact reason that people should be cautious about posting personal information about their kids here. The more "controversial" the opinion in the eyes of others the more likely it is to pop up somewhere else.

Personally I find many of the blogs brought here to be "personal", but again that's the risk you run when you choose to share intimate details about your life on the Internet.
serenbat likes this.
#30 of 33 Old 01-18-2016, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Anything posted on the Internet on a non-private website isn't private anymore - it's public. And that is the exact reason that people should be cautious about posting personal information about their kids here. The more "controversial" the opinion in the eyes of others the more likely it is to pop up somewhere else.

Personally I find many of the blogs brought here to be "personal", but again that's the risk you run when you choose to share intimate details about your life on the Internet.

Oversharing! See we agree! I'm baffled by why some do share soooooo much on certain subjects.

There is also private sections on some public sites.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page