My questions for the Zika and Tdap theories would be:
1. Why the sudden spike? Are there actual more Zika infections? (Are the hospital records stating this? Are there hospital records?)
2. Why are most of the cases in one region? Does this region naturally have more Zika infections? Does it have more mosquitos? Are other regions affected by Zika also seeing a spike in microcephaly?
3. Why is Zika being blamed when there have only been 17 confirmed cases? That seems a bit rash and unscientific particularly when this spike in cases of microcephaly suddenly occurred.
4. What other factors increase rates of microcephaly? Have there been studies on pregnant women and infant outcomes with pesticide use? I know that many countries do not have the semi- stringent laws that the US has about spraying, amount, type,.. (DDT still used in India for example). This is of course speculative, but blaming it entirely on Zika seems a bit like when you go to the Dr. and you have a small sore throat or ear ache and the culture shows a bacteria that naturally occurs, but CAN cause more extreme negative outcomes and so you are prescribed an antibiotic and told you have Strep.
5. What are rates of microcephaly in countries that use Dtap in pregnancy? Can this information be found? Have any other countries, regions, etc. seen an increase since the use of Tdap in pregnancy?
6. What is the connection of poverty and this adverse effect? Are people more infected because of the region, the poverty, some other environmental factor, etc? Are more affluent women also affected? Are there the same rates of Zika infection? Or mosquitos?
7. The most difficult question, what is the effect of poverty, pesticides, a virus, a vaccine, and pregnancy? I don't know if only one of these can take the blame with the current information,...
This reminds me of Polio (slightly). How a seemingly common virus suddenly become much more dangerous particularly to specific people - boys and rural areas. But here it would be poor pregnant women from a specific region.
Last edited by Nemi27; 02-06-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Reason: grammar, clarified a question