• 1 Post By kathymuggle
  • 1 Post By samaxtics
  • 1 Post By Deborah

#1 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2718 Post(s)
Vaccine program angst

I've always wanted to get the word angst in here somewhere. Success at last.

I'm wondering why the vaccine supporters around the world are so nervous? They frequently sound as though we are one vaccine critic away from a mass epidemic. That any discussion of concerns about vaccine safety or the number of vaccines on the schedule or the amount of aluminum salts in vaccines or just about ANYTHING around vaccines other than "get your vaccines" will simply destroy the program. Poof!

I'm wondering if the problem is all the lies. It doesn't take a lot of digging to start finding purposeful misinformation around the vaccine issue (a polite way of saying that some authority figures tell lies to support vaccines) and maybe if people find out that some people tell lies they'll stop trusting vaccines?

Personally, I doubt it. I think most people's trust of vaccines runs very deep and won't be easily overturned.

Anyone have any idea why the pro-vaccine are so anxious?
applejuice and Devaskyla like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
You're just reading too much Australian "news" media.

Honestly, I think things have simmered down a little since the media wagged the dog over Disneyland.
Deborah and kathymuggle like this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 10 Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Anyone else watch Homeland?

Spoiler Alert!

Episode 9 had a scenario where the techy guy (undercover) went to a corporation for a job interview. He gets hired and his first job is to get 20,000+ sock puppet social media accounts, which are used to troll comment sections, back online. When he does the supervisor (?) yells at everyone in this huge room that there is a new set of talking points in their folder, for them to get outraged, and get to work!

Yes, I know it's a tv show, but ya gotta wonder.

#4 of 10 Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

Honestly, I think things have simmered down a little since the media wagged the dog over Disneyland.
I read a lot of vaccine news. That and the occasional comment from the vaccine supporters here does give me the feeling that there is a fair amount of vaccine program angst.

When time permits I'll add some examples to this thread.
applejuice and Turquesa like this.

prevent it
#5 of 10 Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Here is an example. See, measles is soaring in Italy and it is all the fault of the anti-vaccine movement. http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/195...s-shun-vaccine

But cases are turning up in people as old as 39. Sure can't blame that on Wakefield, can they? But they try.

prevent it
#6 of 10 Old 03-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
I just had to make a tongue-and-cheek reference to the Australian tabloids, whose vaccine-related articles read just one breath short of those alien invasion articles we use to see at the supermarket check-out.

I don't doubt that there are still some panicky articles out there. But is this more so the case now versus in 2015? I'm not sure. The corporate press may be trying to fan the flames still, but does the issue still dominate social media discourse like it used to? We no longer see pro-vax missionaries parachuting in here, but that's probably not a good measure of things.
Deborah likes this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
#7 of 10 Old 03-21-2017, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just had to make a tongue-and-cheek reference to the Australian tabloids, whose vaccine-related articles read just one breath short of those alien invasion articles we use to see at the supermarket check-out.

I don't doubt that there are still some panicky articles out there. But is this more so the case now versus in 2015? I'm not sure. The corporate press may be trying to fan the flames still, but does the issue still dominate social media discourse like it used to? We no longer see pro-vax missionaries parachuting in here, but that's probably not a good measure of things.
I'd call it a steady drum-beat rather than a raging fire. But the vaccine pushers haven't given up.

And your tongue in cheek is all so true!

prevent it
#8 of 10 Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Quote:

I agree...but only because they have moved onto mandates and are flirting more with censorship.

Up until a few years ago, the aim was to make everyone hate and fear non-vaxxers so that they could move on to the real goal: vaccine mandates. Those who want mandates need the public to hate/fear vaccine critics so they can pass through something as harsh as mandates.

I suspect they feel it is mission accomplished in terms of hate/fear mongering...and that is why there has been a simmering down.
Deborah likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Last edited by kathymuggle; 03-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.
#9 of 10 Old 03-22-2017, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
Anyone else watch Homeland?

Spoiler Alert!

Episode 9 had a scenario where the techy guy (undercover) went to a corporation for a job interview. He gets hired and his first job is to get 20,000+ sock puppet social media accounts, which are used to troll comment sections, back online. When he does the supervisor (?) yells at everyone in this huge room that there is a new set of talking points in their folder, for them to get outraged, and get to work!

Yes, I know it's a tv show, but ya gotta wonder.
I want to add that I saw Claire Danes interviewed yesterday. She said that every year some of the people involved in her show meet in DC with well connected mystery people to get a reading of what is going on.

So maybe that room full of sock puppets is more fact than fiction.
Deborah likes this.
#10 of 10 Old 03-22-2017, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
I want to add that I saw Claire Danes interviewed yesterday. She said that every year some of the people involved in her show meet in DC with well connected mystery people to get a reading of what is going on.

So maybe that room full of sock puppets is more fact than fiction.
Well, it would explain why the vaccine pushing commenters on news articles sound so similar to each other. They are either PR staff (paid badly, I'm sure) or people who model themselves on PR staff because they don't realize they are being manipulated, terrorized and used.
samaxtics likes this.

prevent it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page