• 1 Post By Tweety_Bird
  • 1 Post By samaxtics
  • 1 Post By Dear_Rosemary

#1 of 15 Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Medical Kidnapping in Australia

Is anyone else following the case of the Walker family? I'm hoping some of the Australian members here can provide more details.

http://www.australiannationalreview....nstream-media/

The linked article is from the 14th but recent FB live videos report that Chase has been taken from his parents even though the hospital's doctors have confirmed he is in good health and should be returned to his parents. I think the hospital has tried 9 times previously to have the child removed from the parents but the judge always rules in favour of the parents.

Chase's health improved once his parents started him on a plant based diet. But from what I understand the hospital wants him to be medicated and on a synthetic formula.
applejuice, DesireeH and mama24-7 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 05-19-2017, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Quoted: 3490 Post(s)
The way this is getting spun by some non/anti-vaxxers on social media is absurd. Here is another article on the issue http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...taken-her.html

Just look at the before and after pictures for yourself. The child lost 50% of his weight under the care of his mother after she took him off the "poison" formula the doctors recommended and gave him pureed fruits and vegetables and marijuana. He weighs 25 pounds at 4 years old. My not even 2 year old weighs 25 pounds. He is severely malnourished, has dangerously low levels of potassium and she refused to take him in to have it checked and treated after warnings to do so.

This is a letter put up on her friend Peter Little's facebook page of the order:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by teacozy; 05-19-2017 at 09:31 PM.
#3 of 15 Old 05-20-2017, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the pro-vax "in other realties" spin.

Your Daily Mail article is titled:
'We can't leave here without the child': Anti-vaxxer mother who snatched her disabled son, four, from hospital has him taken off her by police and social services

The mother vaccinated her child so calling her an "anti-vaxxer" is BS. From the link I supplied:
Quote:
Shortly thereafter, he was administered the routine vitamin K injection allegedly without his parents’ consent and within two hours of that shot, he started experiencing seizures....Despite this, just 1 ½ hours later, Chase was given the hepatitis B vaccine – a shot that is intended to stop infection with hepatitis B virus (which is typically acquired during unsafe sex and by intravenous drug users sharing needles).
His mum believes he may have received two Hep B shots at birth and you can read why at my link.

Quote:
Chase spent his first 4 months of life in the hospital, receiving 7 more vaccinations (containing approx. 955 mcg aluminum) in the process. Cini expressed concerns about reactions he had had but was dismissed so she went on to give him the same set of 7 vaccines at 15 months of age. This was followed by a further 5 vaccines at 20 months of age
The mum also vaccinated Chase's younger sister who also experienced adverse reactions to the vaccines.
Quote:
“After we gave her her vaccines, she started scratching herself to the point where she was bleeding and wouldn’t stop. She was pulling her hair, she was screaming. I couldn’t settle her”. Cini stated that it was at this point she stopped vaccinating her daughter.
So tell us Teacozy, how is the mum an anti-vaxxer?

The mother didn't "snatch her disabled son". When you leave an appointment with your children are you "snatching them"? They parents tried for months to get an appointment with a particular gastroenterologist and were refused each time. Then some time after they were called "out of the blue" and told the doctor had a cancellation so they brought their son in only to find out that the doctor was not going to examine their son. Seemingly it was a ruse to take their son.

Quote:
When Cini realised Dr. Connor would not do the required job of checking Chase’s peg, for which they had some concern, she promptly wheeled her son out of the hospital. She was not stopped by any security, nor was Marc or Peter and they were never told or given a copy of a Care and Treatment Order that the hospital allegedly issued which gave them custody of Chase and the right to treat him however they saw fit.
Quote:
What followed next was a series of bizarre events in which the Queensland Police issued an Amber alert, stating that a man and woman “known” to Chase had left the hospital with him.
Why didn't they say that he left the hospital with his parents? Because they wanted the public to think it was an abduction is my guess. So the family fled the state. There the mother was spotted with her daughter and was surrounded by approx 30 police officers and was taken in to be interrogated. Her husband agreed to take the son to a hospital where the
Quote:
treating emergency room physician stated that Chase was not in any imminent danger and did not need to remain in the hospital, despite an alleged 90-minute phone consult with the Lady Cilento Hospital who tried unsuccessfully to pressure this doctor into admitting Chase into the hospital.
Quote:
He weighs 25 pounds at 4 years old. My not even 2 year old weighs 25 pounds. He is severely malnourished, has dangerously low levels of potassium and she refused to take him in to have it checked and treated after warnings to do so.
Teacozy does your child have cerebral palsy and seizures and sit in a wheelchair? If not, then why are you acting like your child's weight is the gold standard for all children?
Quote:
While on this formula, Chase’s weight skyrocketed to 25kg putting him on the morbidly obese end of the cerebral palsy chart for boys of his age.
This is the toxic crap the hospital wants him on that contains milk and he is allergic to milk based products. It has the effect of making his seizures worse. You can see the ingredients for yourself at the link I provided. Please, everyone, go see the pictures of Chase medicated and on formula compared to being fed a plant based organic diet and on medical cannabis to control his seizures.

His potassium levels were low when tested a few days ago but were back up to normal the next day. By all accounts the parents have always taken him in for blood work so I don't know what you are on about. There is a video of when the police and social workers came to the church they were at and the parents tried to show the cops and social workers the results from the blood work the day after his potassium levels were low (but dangerously low? another unsubstantiated claim).

According to my linked article, when he was on seizure medication he was experiencing up to 100 seizures a day. On medical cannabis, he may get 4 seizures a week. As a parent, I know which protocol I would be doing with my child.

And although the pro-vaxxers want to make these parents out as horrible anti-vaxxers judges have ruled in the parents' favour.

Quote:
In the first court ruling on 17/2/17, the judge conceded that it was appropriate for the parents to choose natural medicine over allopathic treatment for Chase given his remarkable improvements.
According to their lawyer a second judge stated:
Quote:
“I don’t blame the mother at all or the parents for wanting to look for ways to make things a bit better outside of the traditional medical system… I am not medically trained in any way, shape or form but it does appear that Chase is receiving the love and attention that parents can give and that has been conceded by the department… I think the department has followed their obligations over and above what they would be expected to do…I think in all of the circumstances, the parents are doing enough to provide for him”.
Why then does that hospital continue to try take this child from their parents?
applejuice, DesireeH and mama24-7 like this.

#4 of 15 Old 05-20-2017, 08:19 AM

@sam , Did you know he has microcephaly (occurs during early fetal development)? That he aspirated meconium at birth and was deprived of oxygen which resulted in him having seizures within a couple hours of being born? That the mother, for a long time, conceded these were the issues that caused her son's seizures and epilepsy?

Quote:
When Chase was 15 months old, Ms Walker set up a page outlining her son’s issues. “Within hours of being born Chase … showed signs that weren’t consistent to that of a healthy baby. He began having epileptic-type seizures that Dr’s (sic) could not explain. He had issues breathing … and he didn’t take to the breast or bottle for feeding.

“He was recently diagnosed with epileptic encephalopathy with evidence of hypertonic quadriplegic cerebral palsy and microcephaly,” she posted “The cerebral palsy I reckoned, happened when he was born and he lacked that oxygen at birth for the 12 hours with meconium down his throat. So, that to me is what suffered him to give him brain damage, which made him have cerebral palsy which ended up giving him seizures after birth, two hours after birth.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...6f7fcbbeb6a077

Now she tries to blame the vitamin K shot and others. Vaccines administered after birth do not cause aspirated meconium, lack of oxygen as a result, and microcephaly which occurs during fetal development.

The issues in the court before were about his care, not about custody at that point. Her son's health and weight have yoyoed under her care. He gets admitted, does better for a time, then gets sick again. There have been three court orders issued in a matter of months, only now escalating after he was deemed to be in serious danger due to lack of nutrition. The issue is the sudden and drastic weight loss. He lost 50% of his body weight in a very short amount of time. To my knowledge, the only evidence that he is alergic to dairy is that the mother thinks so. *Three* separate hospitals in the last several months have been concerned about his weight loss and malnourishment, resulting in 3 separate court orders to get him treatment. They would get him treatment, then they'd put him back on his "organic diet" or pureed fruits and vegetables and he'd get sick again, and the cycle would repeat. Again, we have three separate hospitals with separate unrelated trained doctors *all* saying he is dangerously malnourished. He is essentially starving to death. Their professional assessment holds more weight than the mother's claims that he's fine.

The reason an amber alert was issued was because the hospital said he needed to be admitted for feeding, and they left instead. Their "doctor" they took him to after they left was unlicensed after narcotics abuse and further disciplined after he gave two women with cancer experimental treatments that resulted in severe harm and near death. http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/Hearings-...drew-Katelaris

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by teacozy; 05-20-2017 at 08:25 AM.
#5 of 15 Old 05-20-2017, 08:30 AM

I also want to point out that, to my knowledge, the cannabis oil has nothing to do with why he is getting taken away. Cannabis oil is not nutrition, so even if it is helping with his seizures that has nothing to do with his malnourishment which is the real concern for these doctors. She could continue to give cannabis oil in addition to the proper feeding tube formula.

#6 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

How the formula that the hospital wants to give Chase could be considered good for him is beyond belief. The child cannot have dairy but there is dairy in the formula. Let's just ignore that. I don't think a lot of people involved in making decisions would know good nutrition if it up and slapped them in the face.

Here's another case:

Quote:
Cassidy opted to feed her family wholefoods and cooked everything from scratch yet the social workers felt her children were missing out on foods that their peers regularly consumed. Cassidy had to show she was a ‘reasonable’ parent by purchasing junk food so that when the social workers came back to visit and checked her cupboards, they could see she had been following their advice.

But this intrusion into family life seems to be an issue in Australia.

Quote:
A shocking parliamentary inquiry into child welfare in 2016 also heard that Australian children were removed from their families more often than anywhere in the Western world, nearly twice as often as in the US and almost three times the rate in New Zealand. Mary Moore, convener of the volunteer Alliance for Family Preservation and Restoration, told the NSW parliamentary committee that “children were being taken into care based on the opinion of case workers where no harm had occurred”. They feared the child might suffer harm in the future and as a result, the children remained in care up until they were 18 years of age. One must ask, are we witnessing a new kind of stolen generation?
I know some social/healthcare workers do a very good job in very trying circumstances. But then there are others who seem to be "following the orders" without a thought for the trauma they are causing many families and are setting children up for lifelong problems. Who with even a modicum of humanity would rip a child away from their loving family when no abuse has been established? "Just doing my job" doesn't cut it. And those in the public braying for removal of children should be very careful because one day they too might step afoul of big corporations and find themselves in the same predicament.

both quotes from: http://www.australiannationalreview....nally-exposed/
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Here is a weight chart for boys with with cerebral palsy. 9-20 kg (19-41 pounds) is normal for a four year old quadriplegic boy with cerebral palsy. https://www.kennedykrieger.org/sites...boys-chart.pdf
applejuice and kathymuggle like this.

Mama to a teen and tween
#8 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Quoted: 2321 Post(s)
I think it is incredibly hard to judge a situation such as this - we are not involved, and for many of us it is very far away.

That being said, I do think non-mainstream choices, or non-compliant choices (going against medical doctrine - even when that doctrine is not the best choice) can lead to problems with the state where children are involved. I think there are numerous things that can flag you, so to speak, with the state: unorthodox choice, questioning medical authority, poverty, mental illness on the part of a the parent, race, etc.
applejuice, Nazsmum and samaxtics like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#9 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

My comments in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I think it is incredibly hard to judge a situation such as this - we are not involved, and for many of us it is very far away. I agree. I was hoping for input from Australians who may know more.

That being said, I do think non-mainstream choices, or non-compliant choices (going against medical doctrine - even when that doctrine is not the best choice) can lead to problems with the state where children are involved. I think there are numerous things that can flag you, so to speak, with the state: unorthodox choice, questioning medical authority, poverty, mental illness on the part of a the parent, race, etc.
I actually think politicians are bowing to pressure from those with vested interests...although sometimes they are one in the same. (The prime minister's wife is the chair for a pharmaceutical company.)
applejuice likes this.
#10 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
It seems that they are treating the inhabitants of Australia as if it is still a penal colony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
But this intrusion into family life seems to be an issue in Australia.

Who with even a modicum of humanity would rip a child away from their loving family when no abuse has been established?
On the other hand actual abusers, such as 'DaddyoFive' who even documented their abuse of a couple of their children, seem to get away with it for months before something is done. The children's own mom reported the abuse October last year and they were finally removed a couple of weeks ago, to live with their own mom. This was probably due to outrage by YouTubers.
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by Tweety_Bird; 05-23-2017 at 02:34 PM.
#11 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

These parents in Ukraine had to pass out (drunk/drugged?) twice on the same day before becoming worthy of a child neglect investigation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...park-baby.html
applejuice likes this.
#12 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Before picture was taken on his 4th Birthday, August 2016. The after picture was taken just 5 months later in January. These are all on the mother's facebook page shared publicly.

You guys can argue until you are blue in the face that he looks fine and that that's normal but it's not. Rapid weight loss like that is dangerous. It causes imbalances with electrolytes and other issues. Further, three separate hospitals and numerous medical professionals disagree and have said he is "severely malnourished". You know, the people who are medical doctors and have actually seen him, treated him, know his medical history, seen his blood work, etc. His potassium levels were dangerously low - something that his mother doesn't even seem to be disputing - and that is a sign of severe malnourishment.

Frankly, I don't even know why this is even on this section of the forum. Child services did not take him away because his mother didn't vaccinate him. She stopped vaccinating him at two - nearly three years ago. The issues with the doctors and courts forcing care didn't arise until she took him off his formula and he started rapidly losing weight. Nothing in the court order even mentions vaccines. These doctors just want this poor kid to get fed. He is skin and bones.

Last edited by teacozy; 05-23-2017 at 03:34 PM.
#13 of 15 Old 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM

From the court order removing him:

Quote:
He has been medically assessed as being severely malnourished due to not being fed an appropriate diet since at least January 2017.

#14 of 15 Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
I have dear friends with a son who has severe CP. If I saw that kind of change in him in that amount of time, I would call social services myself.
teacozy likes this.
#15 of 15 Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear_Rosemary View Post
I have dear friends with a son who has severe CP. If I saw that kind of change in him in that amount of time, I would call social services myself.
The even scarier thing is that it wasn't even truly 5 months that he lost that weight. If you look on her facebook page in January when she posted the "after" picture, she said he had only been off his formula and on her special diet for 2 months at that point. He lost 50% of his body weight in 2 months. That is shocking and extremely dangerous.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page