"anti-vax" doctor list - Mothering Forums

230Likes

#1 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
"anti-vax" doctor list

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skept...=socialnetwork

The above has posted a list of "anti-vax" doctors and explains why one person (a senior it what I assume is an undergraduate degree) thinks they are quacks.

Some points on the list may be correct - some people might hold entertaining thought - but some may not. As always, it is up to the consumer to do their due diligence.

As a non-vaxxer, I fairly regularly feel misinterpreted (usually deliberately). I have been called a conspiracy theorist and eugenicist. I am neither. I am not alone in this - most if not all non-vaxxers on MDC have had their words twisted at one point or another.

So....if my words are twisted by the pro-vax, could these doctors on the list have had their words twisted?

I think the answer is yes.

For starters I don't care about half the list. Believing in homeopathy and selling homeopathy would not cause me to run screaming from the room, unless you tried to shove either down my throat. Believing in homeopathy does not mean you do not have the ability to do a WBV, write a prescription or write an vaccine exemption note....

I also do not care that most on the list are not vaccine "experts." I think only being willing to consider an opinion if the person is the pinnacle of expertise in their field is very limiting - and frankly, often a silly game. "Nah-ha - I won't look at the study your posted because they person is neurologist (we were talking about ASD) when I want to see the top expert in immunology!" An expert, according to your discussion foe, is the elusive unnamed person you do not have.

More in a few...duty calls....
mama24-7 likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Quoted: 3492 Post(s)
Multiple systematic reviews have found homeopathy ineffective with even the NHS and the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council concluding there is not evidence that it works.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Homeopa...roduction.aspx

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines-publications/cam02

So yes, I and many other people are going to be very skeptical about a doctor's ability to accurately evaluate and look at evidence and their motives if they peddle homeopathy, especially when they have a personal online store that sells those products along with supplements, books, DVDs, etc.

Not believing in the germ theory of disease, being an HIV/AIDS denier, holocaust denier, believing the Illuminati are using vaccines for population control, being under investigation with the FDA, treating patients outside of your scope of care that results in their death, being involved in one of the largest wrongful death lawsuits in US history, believing exorcisms can "cure" autism, getting tossed out of court as an expert witness for peddling junk science, promoting dangerous treatments for children like chemical castration, getting reprimanded by state Medical Boards, getting your medical license revoked for severe mental illness that rendered them incapable of practicing medicine, claiming (scamming) that you can determine which kids are going to die of SIDS by looking at pictures of them over the internet, listing multiple dead doctors (one of which died over 30 years ago - hardly up to date information) etc is not going to look good to a lot of people.

That list that gets copypasta'd by non-vaxxers all over facebook is not nearly as impressive as it might look at first glance and I think this link does a good job of pointing out why. People are, of course, free to disagree

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
Multiple systematic reviews have found homeopathy ineffective with even the NHS and the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council concluding there is not evidence that it works.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Homeopa...roduction.aspx

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines-publications/cam02

So yes, I and many other people are going to be very skeptical about a doctor's ability to accurately evaluate and look at evidence and their motives if they peddle homeopathy, especially when they have a personal online store that sells those products along with supplements, books, DVDs, etc.

People are, of course, free to disagree
Doctors sell vaccines. Some are paid for by the government, but they are indeed "peddling" vaccines (as well as many other drugs).

Pushing that aside, let's talk about homeopathy.

I have mixed feelings on homeopathy. I have seen it work. My youngest was prone to fevers. I gave her a homeopathic remedy on numerous occasion and it repeatedly worked. She was a baby at the time, so there was no placebo effect at play. The symptoms were hard (i.e not subjective) - fever - and then clear - no fever. If this was coincidence it was quite the string of coincidence. I have given other homeopathic remedies that have done squat. Homeopathic remedies are not my first line of defence due to my lack of knowledge on the subject /coupled with inconsistent results (I am a herb girl at heart) - but they are both inexpensive and incredibly safe.

I will also add that homeopathy is incredibly popular in places like Germany, which has excellent quality of life and life expectancy. That is reassuring to me.

I would have no issue going to a doctor who judiciously and in the spirit of informed choice offered homeopathy.

I saw a naturopath for my youngest a few times. Naturopath are registered in Ontario and they have a minimum of 7 years of education. The prescribe homeopathy. Do you really think they are being duped?

"All licensed NDs complete a minimum of three years university-level training, including pre-medical courses, then four years at an accredited naturopathic medical college. In naturopathic programs, NDs study the same basic medical and clinical sciences as other health care professionals, like MDs or RNs. For information on becoming an ND, or the requirements to practice in Ontario, please visit the websites of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors or the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine."

http://www.collegeofnaturopaths.on.c...a-90e7a631aaa6
applejuice and mama24-7 like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

#4 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Homeopathy not only doesn't work, it has literally no mechanism that would make it work. Any doctor who believes in it and therefore doesn't understand that there is no mechanism that would make it work isn't a doctor who is going to understand vaccines.
teacozy likes this.
#5 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Do medical doctors know how vaccines work?

Do medical doctors know how the immune system works?

Homeopathy is used throughout Europe. Why would anything be so widespread if it did not work?

No one is DEMANDING that homeopathy be forced on anyone, however using vaccines and antibiotics are forced treatments.

Spare me your psycho-somatic woo.
mama24-7, Nazsmum, 95191 and 3 others like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~

Last edited by applejuice; 05-24-2017 at 09:21 AM.
#6 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:21 AM

If you want to call it being duped then call it being duped. I maintain it means they aren't critically evaluating the preponderance of evidence that it does not work and has no mechanism of working. True homeopathy does not have any active ingredients in it. They are water and sugar pills. See: videos of people swallowing entire bottles of homeopathic sleeping pills with zero effect. Don't try that with Ambien is all I have to say.

They spent most of their education at a naturopathic college- hardly unbiased and neutral on the subject.

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by teacozy; 05-24-2017 at 09:27 AM.
#7 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Quoted: 2785 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear_Rosemary View Post
Homeopathy not only doesn't work, it has literally no mechanism that would make it work. Any doctor who believes in it and therefore doesn't understand that there is no mechanism that would make it work isn't a doctor who is going to understand vaccines.
The key word is "mechanism". If your belief system is materialistic, then the only thing that can work on a physical body is brute force.

Fortunately, not all of us are materialistic.

And, given the track record of drug treatment over the last few hundred years, I feel that pharmaceutical drugs are much more likely to injure and kill than just about any alternative treatment. They do have their place, but need to be used with extreme caution.

What I don't see in the current medical atmosphere is that sort of caution. Drugs are being flung about with wild abandon. With the result that a lot of people are either very ill or dying. Not appealing.

The problem is that epistemological systems are being substituted for science. Your belief system isn't based on science. It is a belief system.

My belief system isn't based on science. It is a belief system.

Neither of us has the right to tell other people what to do with their bodies, unless what they want to do will cause immediate and severe risk to other people. Choosing alternative medical modalities is not equivalent to driving drunk, enjoying arson or molesting children. I do hope you can see the differences.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#8 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear_Rosemary View Post
So stay far away from those who feel different from you! No one is forcing another to see someone they don't want to use. It's very simple.

Many people trust MD's, not all are saints just because they have a medical degree. Malpractice exists for a reason, just saying. Doctors aren't gods to matter what throne others put them on!

I recall a Dr that wrote a book on autism and he doesn't treat children who have it or have any training in the field but that didn't stop others from trusting and clinging to he ever word! Now who is he???? Oh well, no experience, no problem! Blind trust goes both ways!!
Deborah likes this.
#9 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Not believing in the germ theory of disease, being an HIV/AIDS denier, holocaust denier, believing the Illuminati are using vaccines for population control, being under investigation with the FDA, treating patients outside of your scope of care that results in their death, being involved in one of the largest wrongful death lawsuits in US history, believing exorcisms can "cure" autism, getting tossed out of court as an expert witness for peddling junk science, promoting dangerous treatments for children like chemical castration, getting reprimanded by state Medical Boards, getting your medical license revoked for severe mental illness that rendered them incapable of practicing medicine, claiming (scamming) that you can determine which kids are going to die of SIDS by looking at pictures of them over the internet, listing multiple dead doctors (one of which died over 30 years ago - hardly up to date information) etc is not going to look good to a lot of people.
did you stop to question whether any of these slurs against the doctors were true - or did you just accept it at face value because that is what you want to believe?

Example:

This is what the raptor link say:

"Shiv Chopra – A Canadian microbiologist who was a former employee of Health Canada’s drug and safety board and was involved in a whistleblowing incident which involved him being pressured to approve animal drugs. After that bit died down, he shifted towards anti-vaccination and anti-GMO “activism”. He thinks swine flu, bird flu, and the 1918 flu epidemic are hoaxes. For instance, he doesn’t think the 1918 flu outbreak happened because he never heard of it and blames the deaths attributed to the epidemic on people overdosing on aspirin. In other words, he thinks millions of people died from internal bleeding from aspirin overdose rather than communicable diseases. I guess it should also be worth mentioning that he is not an expert in immunization and does not conduct scientific research in said subject matter."

but when you click on the link it supplied you read Chopra said this regarding asprin:

"The aspirin at the time was a thing to reduce your body temperature. People say too much aspirin -- there were no controls, we didn’t know how aspirin really worked and what damage it did. Some people may have died from internal bleeding, by taking too much aspirin and trying to bring the temperature down,” he continues. "

He thinks some people may have died from overdosing on aspirin - not "millions of people died from internal bleeding from aspirin overdose." This is pretty much in line with a NYT article - some people may have died from aspirin overdose: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/health/13aspirin.html
applejuice, Deborah and mama24-7 like this.

Last edited by kathymuggle; 05-24-2017 at 09:30 AM.
#10 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1419 Post(s)

"Skeptics" are the biggest hucksters around. The day when homeopathic remedies incite people to kill themselves or kill others or cause addictions like prescription drugs can then the "skeptics" might have a case worth listening to.

Even if homeopathic remedies did nothing at all, how would that be different from the "placebo effect"? And allopathic doctors themselves have through the years handed out "fake pills" to patients.

Quote:
But doctors have been handing out placebos for centuries, and patients have been taking them and getting better, through the power of belief or suggestion—no one’s exactly sure. Even today, when the use of placebos is considered unethical or, in some cases, illegal, a survey of 679 internists and rheumatologists showed that about half of them prescribe medications such as vitamins and over-the-counter painkillers primarily for their placebo value.
my underline

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...MAvemlv4X7e.99

And contrary to what "skeptics"/promoters of pharma want everyone to believe there are many recognized instances where homeopathy has helped millions of people.

Quote:
In 1999, the Department of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy started distribution of nosodes for Japanese Encephalitis in a systematic way throughout the Indian state of Andrha Pradesh. When the Indian government introduced homeoprophylactics into the state of Andhra Pradesh, notifications of endemic Japanese encephalitis dropped to zero within 3 years. The mortality rates for Japanese Encephalitis had touched a high of 638 deaths from 2038 cases in 1986, but fell to four from 33 cases in 2001 after the implementation of the homeoprophylaxis program. The World Health Organization and the Medical and Health Department acknowledge that homeoprophylaxis has been a vital factor in the sharp decline of Japanese Encephalitis cases in Andrha Pradesh.
Other states in India who went with vaccination did not fair as well as Andrha Pradesh.

You can read about that and other instances here of homeopathy successes with various other diseases such as dengue fever, chikyngunya fever and leptospirosis.
#11 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
So doctors who spend their lives in medical school and practice are not unbiased?

There was NO evidence that DES worked, yet it was prescribed and highly recommended as a Wonder Drug until 1971 when evidence became apparent that it caused reproductive cancers and irregularities. The dangers could have been predicted.

The Dieckmann Study showed that DES was worthless in doing what it was supposed to do - prevent miscarriages - yet doctors found several other uses for it with NO evidence whatsoever as an anti-lactation drug, preventing adolescent girls from growing too tall, and as a morning after pill.

If doctors kept promoting and prescribing DES even after it was proven useless by a scientific double blind study long term study, why would doctors then deny homeopathy? Seems to me there is no profit in homeopathy for them so they do not "believe" in it. Again, a religious belief.
mama24-7 and samaxtics like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~
#12 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 AM

I do find it interesting that skeptics seem to be okay with ghostwriting, hiding data, only publishing studies that show drugs in a good light, captured regulatory agencies and so on. You rarely see them raising hell about this sort of stuff, which actually results in a large number of deaths every year.

but criticize vaccines and they will dig a hole halfway to China to find some dirt (come to think of it, a lot of the pharma dirt is happening in China or India or Africa these days) and once they dig up something bad they'll spread it as far as possible.

Shows a lack of judgement in my not very humble opinion.

PS If one of those doctors is REALLY a holocaust denier then BAD! Never heard of that particular doctor though, and since I watch vax news closely, probably a very minor player.
applejuice, mama24-7 and samaxtics like this.

prevent it
#13 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If you want to call it being duped then call it being duped. I maintain it means they aren't critically evaluating the preponderance of evidence that it does not work and has no mechanism of working. True homeopathy does not have any active ingredients in it. They are water and sugar pills. See: videos of people swallowing entire bottles of homeopathic sleeping pills with zero effect. Don't try that with Ambien is all I have to say.

They spent most of their education at a naturopathic college- hardly unbiased and neutral on the subject.
I am not saying they are unbiased...but neither are medical doctors.

#14 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 AM

Here is a good comparison of the education physicians vs. naturopathic physicians receive for anyone interested:

https://aanmc.org/resources/comparing-nd-md-curricula/

Quote:
NDs’ education teaches them to focus on root cause; their philosophy embraces prevention, a wide range of therapies, the interconnectedness of bodily systems, and the human body’s inherent ability to self-heal, given the proper tools. NDs are primary care physicians trained to be prevention and chronic care specialists. ND students emerge from their programs as experts in preventative care, primary care, and chronic care.
Another difference between the two is the amount of time alloted for office appointments. Appts. for allopathic doctors seem to be around 10-15 minutes whereas naturopathic doctors appointments (where I live) seem to be 45-60 minutes.
#15 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Do medical doctors know how vaccines work?
Yes.

Quote:
Do medical doctors know how the immune system works?
Yes.

Quote:
Homeopathy is used throughout Europe. Why would anything be so widespread if it did not work?
Because people confuse correlation and causation.

Quote:
No one is DEMANDING that homeopathy be forced on anyone, however using vaccines and antibiotics are forced treatments.
That has nothing to do with whether I should trust a doctor who thinks homeopathy works.
Quote:
Spare me your psycho-somatic woo.
If anything is woo it's homeopathy.
teacozy likes this.
#16 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:58 AM

He says the swine flu and avian flu a hoax and says "no vaccine has ever worked" against the flu. Wrong wrong wrong.

“No flu vaccine has ever worked. Swine flu, we don’t even know there is such a thing. It’s a misnomer. Avian [bird] flu, these are all made-up things. The whole thing is a hoax. It has been for the last 10 years. First they started with the avian flu, and then swine flu.”

We've discussed the aspirin theory before. If you look at the way the paper was covered at the time, other infectious disease experts considered her theory "intriguing" but pointed out that it was pure speculation. When interviewed Dr. Starko acknowledged that she has no evidence that anyone died of salicylate toxicity during the Spanish flu epidemic and did not have any autopsy reports or any documents that prove it. Rebuttal papers have been published that point out glaring issues with her theory - like the fact that areas that had little to no access to aspirin had devastating mortality rates from the flu, even higher than areas that had easier access to aspirin.

Quote:
India serves as a useful vignette. Mortality in India was staggering, with estimates of 18.5 million persons dead [3] and higher [4]. Thus, Starko's intriguing hypothesis fails the test of dose-response. That is to say, in countries such as the United States, where salicylates were more available, mortality was much lower compared with regions where salicylates were less readily available. ...If the salicylate hypothesis applies universally, then the ecological confounding would have to operate such that the salicylate-influenza connection is stronger in countries with less access to aspirin, which seems a priori unlikely. Indeed, the overwhelming majority of the millions of Indian peasants who were killed by the flu certainly had no access to salicylates whatsoever. If the salicylate hypothesis only works in the United States and in similar settings, then we question its validity given the worldwide scope of severe mortality in 1918–1919.
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article...uenza-Pandemic

#17 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
Here is a good comparison of the education physicians vs. naturopathic physicians receive for anyone interested:

https://aanmc.org/resources/comparing-nd-md-curricula/

Another difference between the two is the amount of time alloted for office appointments. Appts. for allopathic doctors seem to be around 10-15 minutes whereas naturopathic doctors appointments (where I live) seem to be 45-60 minutes.
Listening to patients is a bad idea nowadays. Look what happened to Wakefield! And look how far David Healy has gone astray by listening to patients when they complain about drug reactions.

So I can see why NDs are not admired by drug pushers.
applejuice, mama24-7 and samaxtics like this.

prevent it
#18 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I am not saying they are unbiased...but neither are medical doctors.
Medical doctors are, on a whole, a lot more likely to critically evaluate the preponderance of evidence when recommending and prescribing treatments. That is why very few of them peddle homeopathy.

The fact that naturopaths in Canada who spent most of their education at a naturopath college believe homeopathy works is neither surprising or convincing.

Last edited by teacozy; 05-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.
#19 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Medical doctors are, on a whole, a lot more likely to critically evaluate the preponderance of evidence when recommending and prescribing treatments. That is why very few of them peddle homeopathy.

The fact that naturopaths in Canada who spent most of their education at a naturopath college believe homeopathy works is neither surprising nor convincing.
Please provide evidence that MDs "critically evaluate the preponderance of evidence". I can't quite see where we would end up with all those deaths from Vioxx or Avandia, nor the widespread problems with antibiotic overuse, nor the huge number of deaths from medical error if doctors were in the practice of 1) reading the actual medical journal articles all the way through and 2) critically evaluating them and 3) raising heck when it is obvious that data is being hidden.

Doctors don't have time. They also benefit from pushing drugs and get harassed when they don't push drugs. It is a corrupt system that injures and kills people.

prevent it
#20 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Medical doctors are, on a whole, a lot more likely to critically evaluate the preponderance of evidence. That is why you see very few of them, on the whole, peddle things like homeopathy.

The fact that naturopaths in Canada who spent most of their education at a naturopath college believe homeopathy works is neither surprising nor convincing.
Medical doctors are more likely to listen to drug reps than they are to critically evaluate anything. When do they have the time when they fill up their waiting room to the rafters with patients? Are they spending all their free time pouring over the latest studies whilst their spouses/children carry on family life with out them? You may put them on a pedestal and may think that they devote every minute of their waking hours to you but they do have lives outside of their practice.

Quote:
Licensed and licensable Naturopathic Doctors are educated in all the same biomedical sciences as an MD. NDs study holistic and nontoxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness. Naturopathic medicine students learn to treat all aspects of family health and wellness, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
my bold

Quote:
Naturopathic medical training programs are four-year, in-residence, graduate-level medical school programs at accredited naturopathic medicine schools. Five naturopathic medicine schools in the United States (one with two campuses) and two naturopathic medicine schools in Canada are members of the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medicine Colleges (AANMC), and have been accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition, AANMC member schools’ naturopathic medical programs have been accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME), the recognized accreditor for naturopathic medical programs in North America.
my bold

The US and Canadian schools are intertwined so you can be general in your distaste of actual healers aka Naturopathic physicians.
applejuice, mama24-7 and Turquesa like this.
#21 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The fact that naturopaths in Canada who spent most of their education at a naturopath college believe homeopathy works is neither surprising or convincing.
I have seen virtually no evidence of your first claim.

The list of medicine that do virtually no good is shockingly long.

Lol on "the most." Most undergraduate degrees take 4 years (not 3 - 3 is a rare minimum) so they spend half their time in naturopathy college (1/2 of which is very similar to allppathic training: biology does not change, after all) Really, though, I do not care...don't think naturopaths are well enough educated? Don't go see one. I absolutely think a licensed regulated naturopath could have intelligent things to say on vaccines, and if you don't, don't listen.

I understand why being a homeopath got someone onto the list for the list creator. Skeptics love to hate on alt. medicine - it does not mean it holds much sway with me. I like some alt. med and dislike others...but that has virtually nothing to do with a providers ability to discuss vaccines. I judge their ability to discuss vaccines on what they say about vaccines. Go figure

#22 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I judge their ability to discuss vaccines on what they say about vaccines. Go figure
so do the skeptics! They just come to an opposite conclusion.

That is why I pointed out that this is about epistemological belief systems masquerading, in some cases, as science.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#23 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM

Got to go now for a bit, but just wanted to add that this discussion on homeopathy seems like a distraction from that downright (in my opinion) embarrassing list of doctors. People should go look for themselves. The list on SR goes through nearly 50 doctors, I could around 2-3 that are on there only for homeopathy. Most have other glaring issues in addition, like HIV/AIDS denialism, etc. So can we stop giving the impression that homeopathy is the main or even most important reason most of these doctors have glaring credibility issues?

Last edited by teacozy; 05-24-2017 at 10:44 AM.
#24 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Curiosity - has anyone seen a list of "anti-vax" doctors on their Facebook page - as the article claims is circulating? Does it have the same names listed on the raptor page? I have not seen anything.

here, claim:

"Recently, the vaccine deniers have pushed a list of anti-vaccine doctors, similar to those lists of “scientists” who deny Darwinian evolution or climate change. But is this really made up of respected physicians and researchers? Does it really contain doctors who are experts or authorities on vaccines?"
applejuice likes this.

#25 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Curiosity - has anyone seen a list of "anti-vax" doctors on their Facebook page - as the article claims is circulating? Does it have the same names listed on the raptor page? I have not seen anything.

here, claim:

"Recently, the vaccine deniers have pushed a list of anti-vaccine doctors, similar to those lists of “scientists” who deny Darwinian evolution or climate change. But is this really made up of respected physicians and researchers? Does it really contain doctors who are experts or authorities on vaccines?"
Oh I've seen it copy and pasted a lot. Just a quick example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.48.05 PM.png
Views:	233
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	49985  

#26 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Got to go now for a bit, but just wanted to add that this discussion on homeopathy seems like a distraction from that downright (in my opinion) embarrassing list of doctors. People should go look for themselves. The list on SR goes through nearly 50 doctors, I could around 2-3 that are on there only or primarily for homeopathy. Most have other glaring issues in addition, like HIV/AIDS denialism, etc. So can we stop giving the impression that homeopathy is the main or even most important reason these doctors have glaring credibility issues?
I have no issues with going on to other topics. On my part the "distraction" was not deliberate - it was just meant to show that some of the reasons are pretty paltry. I have no issues with going onto some meatier stuff - that being said, I would like some evidence that most non-vaxxers cite doctors with genuine issues with any frequency.

Even then, there is the whole sticky issue of just because they believe xyz (which is stupid, offensive or nuts) does not mean they are wrong about vaccines.

I mean, I believe many skeptics are nothing but hate-mogerrers (I can think of some quotes, but then we will go off topic) but that does not mean they are wrong if they say there was never thimerosal in MMR.
mama24-7 likes this.

#27 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh I've seen it copy and pasted a lot. Just a quick example:
Thanks.

#28 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Got to go now for a bit, but just wanted to add that this discussion on homeopathy seems like a distraction from that downright (in my opinion) embarrassing list of doctors. People should go look for themselves. The list on SR goes through nearly 50 doctors, I could around 2-3 that are on there only or primarily for homeopathy. Most have other glaring issues in addition, like HIV/AIDS denialism, etc. So can we stop giving the impression that homeopathy is the main or even most important reason these doctors have glaring credibility issues?
I'm not going to push SR to page one of google. So if someone wants to publish the list here I'll take a look.

Homeopathy- 1 "Skeptics" - 0
applejuice and mama24-7 like this.
#29 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

For Samaxtics:

Anti-vaccine doctors – A through I

David Ayoub – A radiologist who is neither an expert in autism nor toxicology and believes the illuminati is using vaccines as a means of population control.
Nancy Banks – Anti-Semitic HIV/AIDS denialist and holocaust denier who has no background in infectious diseases, has never done research, and only made self-published books.
Toni Bark – A homeopath (see Note 2) who is an expert in hypnotherapy and sells many “quality” health and beauty products on her blog.
Russel Blaylock – A retired neurosurgeon who became a scam artist. Despite having no experimental foundation for any of his claims, he promotes himself as an expert from vaccination to chemtrails (see Note 1). He charges ($48-$54) for his opinion pieces and sells a supplement called the Brain Repair Formula to exploit money from people who are at risk or have Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. He’s also into cancer quackery.
Mary Ann Block – An osteopathic “physician” who promotes homeopathy (see Note 2). She’s also affiliated with Generation Rescue, which is organization that once pandered MMS, industrial bleach, as an autism “treatment” () and wants to take autism out of the DSM because she doesn’t understand the DSM lists neurological, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
Jeff Bradstreet – An ex-minister who became a full-on quack and pandered multiple unproven “treatments” for multiple diseases/conditions. He killed himself to avoid prosecution from the FDA. One of these “treatments” includes using exorcism to “cure” autism.
Kelly Brogan – A holistic “psychiatrist” for women’s health who is an HIV denier. She also tried to inform people with diabetes to avoid insulin. If you doubt her medical knowledge, just give her all of your money buying her water filtration system, sauna, mattress, etc.
David Brownstein – A holistic “practitioner” who panders that iodine deficiency causes everything. Fortunately, you can buy iodine supplements and other quackery items on his online store.
Rashid Buttar – An osteopath who was reprimanded by the North Carolina State Medical Board for a decade’s worth of medical misconduct involving cancer patients and children with autism, but, due to the alternative medicine crowd advocating “health care freedom law”, he can continue to scam patients with his unproven, expensive, and possibly dangerous “treatments.” He was also sued for fraud for exploiting cancer patients and diagnosing nonexistent “heavy metal toxicity” in order to use chelation therapy on them. Moreover, he is the same person who “diagnosed” and “cured” Desiree Jennings, who falsely claimed the flu shot give her dystonia which magically goes away if she walks backwards.
Harold E. Buttram – A member of the Association of American Physicians and Scientists (AAPS), which is an organization well-versed in global warming and HIV/AIDs denialism, who pioneered Shaken Baby Syndrome, a condition caused by physical trauma and is well-associated with child abuse, on vaccines.
Rebecca Carley – A former MD who lost her license due to a mental disability which impairs her ability to practice medicine. Overall, I would say she is completely and utterly insane.
Shiv Chopra – A Canadian microbiologist who was a former employee of Health Canada’s drug and safety board and was involved in a whistleblowing incident which involved him being pressured to approve animal drugs. After that bit died down, he shifted towards anti-vaccination and anti-GMO “activism”. He thinks swine flu, bird flu, and the 1918 flu epidemic are hoaxes. For instance, he doesn’t think the 1918 flu outbreak happened because he never heard of it and blames the deaths attributed to the epidemic on people overdosing on aspirin. In other words, he thinks millions of people died from internal bleeding from aspirin overdose rather than communicable diseases. I guess it should also be worth mentioning that he is not an expert in immunization and does not conduct scientific research in said subject matter.
David Davis – This individual thinks “the disease of the dancing cats” (Minamata disease), which was caused by mercury poisoning, somehow proves vaccines cause autism. From here, he makes an unfounded claim that material from mattresses combines with the “toxins” from vaccines to magically cause all of the SIDS and autism. Vaccination is associated with the reducing the risk of SIDS in half and vaccines are not associated with autism. Also, he is wrong about VAERS and he apparently forgot adverse events are not linked to causality. Lastly, he is a proponent of chelation therapy as an autism “treatment,” which is unfounded.
Richard Deth – A lone, maverick doctor who once tried to make a virtual wager that within the next 18-24 months scientific evidence will make the thimerosal-autism linked a near certainty. During the 2010 Dwyer decision, the Vaccine Court ruled Deth’s own research was unpublished, underpublicized, or mentioned for the first time during the Theory 2 general causation hearing. From there, they declared his work was poorly performed and scientifically implausible (pdf).
Jayne Donegan – A general practitioner who turned her back on science-based medicine in order to promote homeopathy (see Note 2) and other medical quackery. She was tossed out of court as a “witness statement” for providing junk science.
Mayer Eisenstein – A doctor who was first to thought of administering Lupron, a chemical castration drug, to children as an autism “treatment. He was also involved in one of the largest U.S. wrongful death lawsuits awarded ($30 million) to a family in history. Despite his track record and due to his belief in the autism/vaccine myth, he noted, “every doctor now essentially in this country has done something as heinous as the Nazis did, unknowingly.”
Michael Elice – He is an integrative physician (see Note 4) who uses chelation therapy as an autism “treatment”.
Frank Engley – A retired microbiologist and a proponent of chelation therapy. He claims that thimerosal is dangerous at any concentration. That would be amazing considering there is a concentration in which even cyanide is not dangerous. He also used the material safety data sheet (MSDS), which refers to industrial quantities, to highlight the dangers of thimerosal in vaccines.
Boyd Haley – A retired chemist from the University of Kentucky who described children with autism as having M.A.D. child disease (Mercury Acquired Disease of Children Disease) and tried to sell industrial chelator as a dietary supplement. He was so hated by the people of the autistic community that they filed a petition against him.
Suzanne Humphries – A nephrologist-turned-homeopath who lacks training in the fields of immunology and vaccines, objectified the Bible and Koran for her own agenda, and is a vitamins scam artist.
Philip Incao – A germ theory denialist, who is also into HIV denialism (pdf). He was involved in giving a HIV positive toddler antibiotics in an area that he was not licensed to practice in, did not recommend the incredibly sick child to go to a hospital, and the child died the next morning.

Anti-vaccine doctors – J through R

Guylaine Lanctot – A physician who lost her license and wrote the book called the Medical Mafia, in which she basically states that all diseases and conditions are created via a physical manifestation of a problem involving the soul. The Zionist financiers, who completely control the medical establishment, purposely hide the cause of the manifestation to make profit, even though it kills people. Her evidence of this elaborate global conspiracy that involves vaccines, AIDS, cancer, the WHO, the Rockefeller Foundation, etc. is mostly the fact that modern medicine has yet to simply cure cancer because that should totally be easy. What’s even more surprising is there are far crazier, illogical ideas that no sane person can take seriously in her book, but I digress for the sake of brevity. She also disregarded her bank account, credit card, health insurance, and duty to file tax returns because she wanted to separate her true being from her legal personality created by the government to control her. With that being said, she got trouble in Quebec and move down to Florida to run a varicose vein clinic.
Susan McCreadie – A holistic pediatrician and wellness author who is also certified in acupuncture, homeopathy (see Note 2), and reiki. Her goal is to bring “spirit” back into medicine and, in order to do that, make sure to subscribe to her magazine and buy all of her supplements.
Jim Meehan – A functional medicine (see Note 3) doctor who doesn’t understand how VAERS work and advances the debunked idea that physical trauma/child abuse as a “vaccine injury.”. He holds no background and/or expertise in vaccination/immunology; he just repeats the same anti-/safe-vaccination tropes.
Robert Mendelsohn – An American pediatrician opposed water fluoridation, coronary bypass surgery, and screening examinations to detect breast cancer. He is on record that he opposed “all forms of routine examinations by any health practitioner of any kind.” Also, I guess it’s worth mentioning that he died about 28 years ago, which makes him not the most current source of information.
Joseph Mercola – A multi-millionaire osteopath who pushes all sorts of science denialism, such as HIV and eyeglasses denialism. Moreover, he was ordered to stop spreading claims of cures without scientific backing for his products. He once tried to sell tanning beds as a reasonable, preventative method against cancer.
Roby Mitchell – A doctor who lost his license, was effectively barred from practicing medicine, and is no longer able to uphold himself as a physician in 2012 after he prescribed “colostrum bovine treatment”, which he claimed can cure cancer. In this procedure, he draws blood from the patient, injecting said blood into a pregnant cow’s utter, and then required the patient to drink the milk from the cow.
Richard Moskowitz – A homeopath (see Note 2) (), who thinks immunization is an act against god. Lastly, for laughs and giggles, here is his understanding of anthrax. There is not a single fiber of my being that can take this man seriously.
Alvin Moss – An ethics lecturer who holds neither background in vaccination nor immunology. From his “testimonies”, he doesn’t understand the limitations of VAERS and the cell media used in vaccine manufacturing.
Andrew Moulden – Well, he was never a licensed doctor because he didn’t finish residency. He claimed to have the ability to detect SIDS before it happens over the internet via his patented BrainGuard, which uses photos/videos and a bit of magic to make completely legit assessments.
Meryl Nass – Thinks Ebola is air-borne because she doesn’t even understand what droplets mean, and VAERS can prove causation because she doesn’t understand how it works. She also has written papers (conspirarcy rants) on whale.to.
Raymond Obomsawin – An HIV/AIDS denialist who panders the royal rife, a cancer “cure.” He is also an intellectually dishonest scoundrel who has neither experience in science nor epidemiology and distorted incidence data on vaccination to serve his agenda.
Tetyana Obukhanych: An ex-lab technician who tries to claim to be an immunologist but seems to ignore her training in the field. She has never directed any research. Finally, she was involved with only eight published articles with none of them relating to vaccines.
Jane Orient: The executive director of the Association of American Physicians and surgeons (AAPS), which is an radical conservative organization known for its predatory journal that includes studies involving HIV denlialism (pdf), trying to create a link between abortion and breast cancer, and promoting physical trauma, shaken baby syndrome, as a “vaccine injury” (pdf). She’s also the president of the Doctors for Disaster Preparedness group, which is an organization whose goal is to refute “fake” threats, such as global warming () and focus on the totally legit threats, such as 9/11 truth and nuclear fear conspiracies.
Lawrence Palevsky – A “wholistic pediatrician” who denies germ theory and panders chemtrails. Despite being against one of the most tested products of all of medicine, he recommends the following to be incorporated into medicine: acupuncture, chiropractic, essential oils, homeopathy, and other unproven woo-woo.
Troy Ross – This person has no background and does not conduct research in vaccination and immunology. Based on the only anti-/safe-vaccination article that he apparently published, he has no clue how to read the inserts.
Robert Rowen – He is an advisor of the American Board of Chelation therapy which is a system created by chelation therapists in order to be “board certified” in clinical metal toxicology. He also promotes ozone therapy as a cure for ebola and basically stated death is better than autism.
Patricia Ryan – A functional medicine (see Note 3) practitioner who made unfounded claims about the HPV vaccine.

Anti-vaccine doctors – S through Z

Stephanie Seneff – A computer scientist with neither background in immunology, epidemiology, nor autism. Besides her fear-mongering on vaccines, she also blames everything on glyphosate, which includes school shootings and the Boston bombing.
Christopher Shaw & Lucija Tomljenovic – Two researchers, who specialize in ophthalmology and visual sciences and are infamous for churning out bad scientific papers (also, see this, this and this).
Ken Stoller – A former UCLA pediatrician who panders hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which has no evidence to demonstrate its safety and effectiveness as an autism “treatment”. He also got into trouble for unjustly treating a child who was neither sick nor had any meaningful condition. Furthermore, he blames cases of Shaken Baby Syndrome, a condition caused by physical trauma and is well-associated with child abuse, on vaccines. Lastly, he is into being afraid of clouds…I mean “chemtrails”.
Sherri Tenpenny – A washed-up osteopath who is not an expert on vaccination and conducted no research on the subject matter, is a germ theory denier, and tried to link the Sandy Hook elementary School massacre to vaccination. She also helped promote the BX protocol, a cure-all scam.
R. E. Tent: A chiropractor who doesn’t seem to exist beyond YouTube and sells a plethora of untested supplements and other products on his website.
Paul Thomas – An integrative physician (see Note 4) who panders to the alternative vaccine schedule nonsense. He is not an expert in vaccines nor immunology. He also doesn’t do research, but you should totally buy his book. Probably not.
Terry Wahls: A functional medicine doctor* with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) who promotes a diet will cure MS.
Andrew Wakefield – Mr. Wakefield lost his license due to medical misconduct and research fraud.
Jack Wolfson – A heartless cardiologist and holistic “practitioner” who has quite an anger issue and loves to victim blame. He also stated the following to CNN when asked if he could live with himself if his unvaccinated child got another child gravely ill. “I could live with myself easily,” he said. “It’s an unfortunate thing that people die, but people die. I’m not going to put my child at risk to save another child.”
applejuice likes this.

#30 of 135 Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 PM

Thanks @kathymuggle !

I quickly scanned and saw that the "skeptics" are still claiming that Suzanne Humphries is a Homeopath. This is incorrect and people can hear it from Suzanne herself starting around the 2:18 timestamp on the following video:

As per usual the "skeptics" not only are treasurers of the truth but are correct in their assumption that their fans wouldn't bother to verify that the "skeptics" claims are actually factual.

ETA: I won't bother with this exercise, because the "skeptics" are full of it. That's why they don't provide sources for their character assassinations.
Mirzam, applejuice and mama24-7 like this.

Last edited by samaxtics; 05-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page