• 2 Post By samaxtics
  • 2 Post By Deborah

#1 of 10 Old 09-07-2017, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1752 Post(s)
"Make America Vaccinate Again"

I'm confused by the message on the t-shirt: "Make America vaccinate again."

Exactly when was this Golden Age of compliance when America was "made" to vaccinate?

I see this myth elsewhere and it really bothers me - Once upon a time, everyone loved vaccines and was perfectly compliant, then Andy and Jenny came along therefore people quite vaccinating therefore diseases came back.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Quoted: 2784 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
I'm confused by the message on the t-shirt: "Make America vaccinate again."

Exactly when was this Golden Age of compliance when America was "made" to vaccinate?

I see this myth elsewhere and it really bothers me - Once upon a time, everyone loved vaccines and was perfectly compliant, then Andy and Jenny came along therefore people quite vaccinating therefore diseases came back.
Well, one piece is that there weren't very many vaccines to comply with.

Another is that there was a huge outbreak of vaccine criticism in the 1970s and 1980s which someone is pretending never happened.
applejuice and Bow like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 10 Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Yeah - virtually all real stats show vaccination rates to be historically high.

The whole "all people used to love vaccines!" is a myth.
applejuice and Bow like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.

#4 of 10 Old 09-15-2017, 07:00 PM

This is an interesting question and answer. http://www.providencejournal.com/ent...otect-new-baby

Quote:
My wife and I are expecting our first child in about eight weeks, and under the advisement of our obstetrician and pediatrician, we’ve asked our parents and siblings who will be near the baby to get vaccinated against whooping cough (pertussis). Seemed pretty easy, I know it’s a vaccination most people have a few times as adults since it’s bundled with the tetanus vaccine.
My brother and I are quite close, we see each other often and I was expecting him to be around quite a bit in the baby’s early days.
A couple of days after our request, he pulled me aside and let me know he and his wife don’t believe vaccines are safe. She has a sibling with a developmental disability and the family has a strong feeling that vaccines were the cause.
I have no intention of having this debate with my brother. After speaking to the pediatrician, it sounds like the safest course of action is to restrict his access until the baby is fully protected (6 months).
Putting aside the reality that getting everyone vaxxed around the baby won't actually keep the baby safe from whooping cough, what I found most interesting about the response is that there was absolutely NO acknowledgement of the concern by the brother's wife about a vaccine injury. No comment. No mention. No response.

I'm seeing this more and more often. Discussion of "anti-vaxers" which completely excludes any acknowledgement that some people who distrust vaccines have seen stuff they thought was vaccine injury. They might, of course, be wrong about the link, but it just seems sort of weird to keep pretending that there is no discussion by anyone about injuries following vaccines.

Anyone? What is going on?
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#5 of 10 Old 09-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Another example of the disappearance of all direct experiences of possible vaccine injury...although the article does quote Trump describing a possible vaccine injury. http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/opinio...ion/index.html

Quote:
What this implies is that to elicit change we must first identify arguments that rely on common ground.
Take the alleged link between autism and childhood vaccines. Just like Carson, many health professionals attempt to change parents' decisions not to allow vaccinations of their children, by presenting them with data that suggests there is no link. However, studies show that the approach has little impact.
To solve this problem a group of scientists came up with a new idea; instead of trying to persuade people that the MMR vaccine does not cause autism, they would remind them that it protects children from deadly illnesses. In the heated debate, people had forgotten what measles, mumps and rubella were.
Everyone agreed that the vaccine would protect children from these illnesses and everyone's priority was the child's health. Focusing on what they had in common rather than what they disagreed upon was successful -- people's attitudes towards vaccines changed three times as much than when following the CDC's standard approach.
Well, the CDC and these manipulators definitely want everyone to forget that mumps is not a deadly disease. They also don't want people to be aware that rubella is a mild childhood illness that provides lifelong immunity. Another bit that it is important to hide is that measles mortality plummeted in the US BEFORE the introduction of the vaccine. Why? It started plummeting long before the invention of antibiotics, so that isn't the answer.

But I digress. The most important thing that everyone should blank out from their minds is any report of a reaction following a vaccine. To the point of pretending that they never heard any such report, even if they had.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it
#6 of 10 Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thats my question too
applejuice likes this.

#7 of 10 Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Another example of the disappearance of all direct experiences of possible vaccine injury...although the article does quote Trump describing a possible vaccine injury. http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/opinio...ion/index.html

Well, the CDC and these manipulators definitely want everyone to forget that mumps is not a deadly disease. They also don't want people to be aware that rubella is a mild childhood illness that provides lifelong immunity. Another bit that it is important to hide is that measles mortality plummeted in the US BEFORE the introduction of the vaccine. Why? It started plummeting long before the invention of antibiotics, so that isn't the answer.

But I digress. The most important thing that everyone should blank out from their minds is any report of a reaction following a vaccine. To the point of pretending that they never heard any such report, even if they had.
Yes, I know that measles is viral, so antibiotics aren't directly relevant. But in other places, when I pointed out how the measles death rate had plummeted, some vaccine defenders would claim that it was all due to improved medical care. Once in a while antibiotics would be mentioned.

It doesn't really add up.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#8 of 10 Old 09-16-2017, 09:23 PM

Another interesting example of trying to ignore vaccine reactions while sort of acknowledging vaccine reactions but not really admitting the vaccine reactions. In other words, have and eat the cake.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2017/sep/14...tic-older-sib/

Quote:
San Diego researchers are out with a new study that finds California kids are less likely to be vaccinated if they have an older sibling with autism.
Published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine, the analysis of more than 200 Southern California families reveals that only 83 percent of infants with an autistic older sibling are vaccinated, compared with 97 percent of infants in general.
The researchers found that families with an autistic child started off just as likely to vaccinate their first kid as families without an autistic child. But a wide gap opened up among younger siblings.
"It does show that these families are changing their vaccination behaviors with subsequent children," said lead author Gena Glickman, a researcher at UC San Diego.
"Autism and vaccines continue to be linked in the minds of some, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. So that could be what's going on," she said.
Glickman and her colleagues were not originally focused on vaccines. They began studying siblings of autistic children in 2009 with the hope of pinpointing biomarkers for the disorder.
But as California increasingly became an epicenter of the debate over whether parents should be allowed to opt their children out of vaccines due to personal beliefs, the researchers became interested in tracking vaccination rates within this group of kids.
When asked about their experience with vaccines, parents of autistic children were more likely to say that their kids had experienced adverse reactions, such as fevers and rashes.
Glickman emphasized that these adverse reactions were self-reported. Parents could have been biased in how they recalled these episodes. And the symptoms they observed in their children could have had nothing to do with vaccines. But these concerns may offer an explanation for why certain parents become less likely to vaccinate, Glickman said.
A strikingly clear example of the drive to dismiss all possible vaccine reactions. Just scrub them right out of existence.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#9 of 10 Old 09-19-2017, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1419 Post(s)
What they want you to believe:

Quote:
They began studying siblings of autistic children in 2009 with the hope of pinpointing biomarkers for the disorder.
But as California increasingly became an epicenter of the debate over whether parents should be allowed to opt their children out of vaccines due to personal beliefs, the researchers became interested in tracking vaccination rates within this group of kids.
The likely scenario:

"We couldn't find any biomarkers (well, none that wouldn't lead us back to the vaccine- autism link) but we still had funding so we thought how else could we attack autism families?"

Quote:
When asked about their experience with vaccines, parents of autistic children were more likely to say that their kids had experienced adverse reactions, such as fevers and rashes.
Glickman emphasized that these adverse reactions were self-reported. Parents could have been biased in how they recalled these episodes.
The likely scenario:

"A parent takes their child to the doctor for one or several vaccinations. Their child suffers an adverse reaction(s) (and you know it's more than just a rash and fever but we want you to think reactions are pretty mild so those are the only ones we list here). The parent calls the doctor's office and they were told that (insert whatever happened to their child here) was normal and they don't need to come in and see the doctor. So because the doctor didn't see it and parents are liars, we can dismiss reactions.
If the doctor's office were to report to VAERS every rash, fever, seizure etc., my goodness, red flags are going to go up! And not about the vaccine, silly people, but about that doctor's office! So to invalidate reactions we are going to tell you they are 'self-reported' by the parents."
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#10 of 10 Old 09-19-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post

The likely scenario:

"We couldn't find any biomarkers (well, none that wouldn't lead us back to the vaccine- autism link) but we still had funding so we thought how else could we attack autism families?"

The likely scenario:

"A parent takes their child to the doctor for one or several vaccinations. Their child suffers an adverse reaction(s) (and you know it's more than just a rash and fever but we want you to think reactions are pretty mild so those are the only ones we list here). The parent calls the doctor's office and they were told that (insert whatever happened to their child here) was normal and they don't need to come in and see the doctor. So because the doctor didn't see it and parents are liars, we can dismiss reactions.
If the doctor's office were to report to VAERS every rash, fever, seizure etc., my goodness, red flags are going to go up! And not about the vaccine, silly people, but about that doctor's office! So to invalidate reactions we are going to tell you they are 'self-reported' by the parents."
You've got it. Reactions are either "normal", coincidental, or anaphylactic. There are no other admitted categories any longer.

I can't quite see why anyone thinks that this total denial game will fly.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page