Any idea how many unreported Measles cases in the US? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-26-2004, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was reading through this thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ghlight=trabot

and started to wonder how many unreported Measles cases there might be out there. (I know, I know, silly question, if its not reported there is no way to track it) It's just that one of the many arguments I used to help persuade dh that we shouldn't vacc DS was that there are so few cases of Measles in the US [44 in 2002 @the CDC] that his risk of complication from the vaccine far outweighed his risk of catching the disease itself. But if a lot of parents like goodpapa are going the complete immunity route, by exposure, but don't report the case ( I can understand that, completely) then how far off do you think the stats are?
#2 of 5 Old 08-26-2004, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
My guess re unreported measles cases...many, many, many...caused by the measles vaccine! It is a live vaccine. Of course it can cause measles. Are these cases counted? Nah. The fact that it can cause measles is occasionally discussed but the comment is always that measles caused by vaccine is "milder." A mild case of measles is sometimes described as "atypical." Atypical measles can sometimes be much, much more dangerous than having the normal, full-blown, properly sick version.

There is a lot of obfuscation about this whole business.

Nana
#3 of 5 Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 PM

ITA with Deborah.

Any measles within like 30 days (I think) of the vaccine is officially NOT measles. It is a "measles-like rash" or a "mild reaction" or "roseola".
#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2004, 04:46 PM

behind closed doors that she sees tons of measles after the vaccine is given. She also admitted that there are lots of side effects from the other vaccines.
#5 of 5 Old 08-27-2004, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The stats are probably off a bit by either a)parents not going in to the doctor (understandably) or the doctors not reporting the kids that catch measles from the vaccine itself so that the vaccines dont "look bad."

I know the last place I would take my child if he got the measles would be the dr (unless it was a natural health dr). Regular docs dont know how to treat it, and they just give them drugs that make it worse! Forget it. I dont care if I would be "harming" the stats or not.

Desiree

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page