looking to talk with other mamas who vaccinate - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2004, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was wondering if there is room for us in this forum...
i have some concerns about vaccines but i don't think i will stop vaccinating.

i just would like to talk to other mamas who might be in the same boat.

please, no flames. i really don't mean to start a debate.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2004, 04:52 AM

hi.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 AM

My nurse had to come to my house to vacinate my daughter, I was really worried abut the flu that year. She had to come during the second shot because my daughter was running a fever. We are a super nation because most of the bio -warfare can not be used against us. we are a vacinated nation. Crazy isn't it? CC
Old 09-01-2004, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

hi klothos

thanks for replying. i wonder if we can get a few of us subscribed to this thread.

i've been reading the article on vaccine injury in the last mothering and i'm kinda freaked. my mom read the title of it and said "are they still linking autism to vaccines?! that's ridiculous". not that my mom has all the facts, but i go back and forth between freaking and thinking it's all going to be alright.

*sigh*

how do you feel about the article, assuming you read it.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan mom
My nurse had to come to my house to vacinate my daughter, I was really worried abut the flu that year. She had to come during the second shot because my daughter was running a fever. We are a super nation because most of the bio -warfare can not be used against us. we are a vacinated nation. Crazy isn't it? CC

not sure about this argument... are you being serious?
just wondering, because of the tone of your post.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:01 AM

haven't read the article yet...

... and that post seemed a bit extreme IMO...
Old 09-01-2004, 09:32 AM

We selectively vax. Due to autism in our family, we are not going to do the MMR right now. I'm not sure if we ever will.

Kirsten - wife to Mark and co-sleeping, breastfeeding mother to , :, and
Photography, including Breastfeeding Photography, in my Homepage.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabean
i was wondering if there is room for us in this forum...
i have some concerns about vaccines but i don't think i will stop vaccinating.

i just would like to talk to other mamas who might be in the same boat.

please, no flames. i really don't mean to start a debate.

thanks.
I haven't read the article but I have personal experience with vaccine damage and death IRL.

A few people I know have lost babies after their vaccines, one was a premature infant, one a 9 month old who was rushed to the hospital and didn't make it. The other was 4 yrs old and had several complications that led to death after a Hep B vaccine. Another friend's child was left brain damaged after a DPT vaccine in the mid 80's. My own son deteriorated after his 6 mos round of vaccines. I have 5 children, born in 1984, 1987, 1995, 1999 and 2002. I watched as more and more vaccines were added to the schedule. For comparison, my 3rd child received almost the same amount of doses in 18 months that it took 5 years for my other two to accumlate. My two oldest had about 21 doses of various vaccines, today's infant is required to get 40+ doses by the time they are school age. I only had about 9 doses. I used to follow the vaccine schedule, but several things came into play around the same time that made me realize I knew nothing about the vaccines that were being injected into my children. I always thought it was just a bit of the virus, boy was I was wrong. You can do a google search for Hugh Fudenberg or HH Fudenberg. He's an immunologist with 40+ years in the field and gives suggestions on how to vaccinate to avoid some of the issues he believes they are responsible for.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:22 PM

We have vaxed selectively but now at 18 mos I'm having a harder time consenting to them, especially MMR. I work in the field of DD and have had 3 vaccine injured clients (all from MMR complications). I don't know whether we'll totally stop vaccinating, but my mind is open to both sides (slightly more towards NOT vaxing) and I'm trying to learn and weigh the risks on both sides. It seems like an awful lot to do to their little bodies all at once. And I think how 30 years ago I got only OPV (YIKES!!), DPT and MMR vaxes and am fine without all the Hib, prevnar, varivax, hep b, etc!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:12 PM

What concerns do you have? We vaxed AJ at his 2 mos appt and decided to stop after his reaction. I'm almost positive now that the one set of shots he got has hurt his immune system and he's been sick many times in the past 13 mos (didn't start till after the shots) and even hospitalized once. Vaxing/not vaxing are both hard decisions IMO and soemtimes it helps to talk about what you are concerned about w/ people who have already been there or who might have gone through it. Welcome!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

User Tag List