Well baby Dr. visits? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm asking this here because I know a lot of you might not go to them because you don't vax. I was hoping someone could help me. My DD will be 1 (*sniif, sniff*) in a couple weeks. I haven't scheduled her well baby appointment yet. My DH just got a new job so we don't have insurance right now (for 3 months) and can't afford to buy it. I already owe some money to the Dr. for different appts when we didn't have ins. then too. My DD has recieved all her vaxes so far. (I really didn't know you could NOT give them until a couple months ago!) I'm not sure what she is due for during her 12 month visit. Possibly MMR. But I have decided to delay that anyway. I'm not sure what else...I should call. But then I don't want them to ask me why I want to know. But could I skip this visit and wait until her 15month appt? She is healthy....growing fine...I have no worries. She does have reflux though. And the Dr. said if it didn't clear up by 1 year she'd refer us to a GI. (She's had reflux since about 7 months old) But I'd tell the doc that we don't have ins. and can't afford to go to the GI. My Dr. is very easy going and would probably let us wait until 15 months (when we have ins.). Hmmm.....what should I do?? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 01:02 AM

I see no problem with skipping it at all. Plus it gives you some time to do your research. You don't want to get pressured into doing something when your heart is telling you something else.
#3 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

That's what I was thinking too. It might sound stupid, but I'm really nervous about saying NO to the MMR. I don't know what my Dr. is like with that stuff. And am afraid she'll drill me on it. I want to go in there armed witha ton of info just in case, LOL.
#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 01:34 AM

It wouldn't hurt to go see a Chriropractor either....especially one that know a thing about babies & vaccines
#5 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 PM

No need to call, just don't go. I would reccomend getting your dc in a state health care program in case something happens in the next 3 mos and you need to take her to the DR or ER etc.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#6 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 01:51 PM

I say skip it.

Elle has been to all of her well baby visits so far (she is 100% vax free) but we will be skipping her 9 month visit since that will be in December and I don't want to take her into the germy Dr.'s office during the cold and flu season unless I have to.
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#7 of 7 Old 09-13-2004, 03:16 PM

Even though I don't vax, I took Dylan to WBs at 1 week, 2 months, 4 months, 10 months, and 12 months. If I had it to do all over I probably would have just done 1 week, 2 mos and 12 mos. Since you have done so much of the other visits I don't think it is nesc.

BUT if you are still unsure I will say that I odn't have insurance and her checkups ranged from sixty four to onehundred fifteen dollars (obviously w/out vax's although I hear many states pay for those.) so if you want to go, it doesn't cost that much, and you can always make payments.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page