Can you help me with this sentence?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2004, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was looking up info on vaxxing in MA. On VaccineChoice.org it says: No vaccines are required by law until children enter daycare, preschool, grade school or college.

Which would mean, that it is the LAW that I don't have to get my DD the MMR shot, at least for now?? Correct?

I want to make sure I'm 100% right. I've decided to take my DD to her 12 month well visit, because of her reflux. But I want to make sure that I'm backed up by the law, ya know? Just in case my Dr. says something.

Plus, I need backup to for my mom. She's a nutcase and thinks CPS will take my DD away and my husband will be deported or something, for not giving the MMR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2004, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
here is the Mass law:

Quote:
Quick Fact::

"No child whose parent or guardian states in writing that vaccination or immunization conflicts with his sincere religious beliefs shall be required to present said physician's certificate in order to be admitted to school."

http://www.909shot.com/state-site/Massachusetts.htm

there is a medical and religious exemption in MAss.

I'd take the religious one.... tell mom not to get too worked up. If you lived in Mississippi or West Virginia that is a real problem.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 09-25-2004, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

But, in plain English, does that mean she doesn't have to have it UNTIL she goes to school? Does that cover me?? Right now, I just want to delay it. I don't know if I'll give it or not, but I am definetely delaying it to research more. I just want to make sure that legally I can do that.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
right. there is no law that you must vax dd. the only condition is that when it is time for school you, if you choose to not vax her, will need either a medical or religious exemption.

there is no law anywhere in the united states that says you give birth to your baby and you MUST run out and vax your child. although, I secretly suspect doctors can make parents feel they MUST that parents assume it is a law.
The only issues around vaxes and children are about School. School is like a big fishing net....if people have not vaxed, depending on what state they live in they have to either get a philosophical, medical or religious exemption. (except for west virginia & miss which will only except medical).

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 09-26-2004, 02:41 PM

Hi mom, I am in Ma. also. THere is no law that says you HAVE to vaccinate your child at a certain time. If the tie comes for school and you still do not want to vaccinate all that is required is a letter given to the school. I have 4 children, my first son,- got shots on three occasions after which I stopped vax due to his response (this was almost 11 years ago), when my second son was born my thinking at the time was that the DTP shot was to blame for my oldest son's autism, so y second son got the HepB, when he started to worry me a bit with his super serious nature etc. I researched anbd dug like crazy and started to learn about thimerosal. No more shots , for him. He does have some sensory, mild OCD,attention and transition isssues , but is not autistic. My next two children are not vax at all. DSS has never been involved in our lives over vaccinating, not vaccinating.
You may find your doc tries to force the vaccines on you, scaring you with words like mandatory, etc. Keep tough find a new doc if you have to, and keep in mind the same docs who push all kinds of vaccines on their patients - are the same ones who refuse to get the flu vaccine. Rubella is an issue for mostly pregnant women, yet many OB's do not get the rubella shot.
Practice what you preach I say!
They say - do as I say , not as I do.

User Tag List