Vax danger when mercury free - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-10-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
We are new non-vaxers (from here on out). I have been talking to my family about it (I don't know why - they are very mainstream) anyways... My mil gave me this sheet about how the vaccines at some ped office here in town are thimiserol free or have trace amts. So she thinks this justifies that they are "safe". I guess if my main concern is the mercury in vaccines in terms of a real danger... how to I argue against mercury free shots? I mean, from the standpoint of natural healing and allowing the body to build up it's own defenses against disease I think that vaccines are not a good thing to do to a child's body. But if they are mercury free, are they still *dangerous* (deadly)? I know I should research this, but I don't get a lot of internet time so I thought some of you with all the knowledge ( ) could help me out.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-10-2004, 04:40 PM

Your MIL is misinformed about safety. Thimerosol has always been the least of my worries, personally. Antibiotics, formaldehyde, antifreeze, and aluminum concern me far more.

When I moved last month I lost all my links, but I'm sure someone will link you to the ingredients. I would also suggest a firm, "My kids, my decision," to overconcerned relatives.

ETA: Actually, here is a link that might get you started:

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/ingredients.htm

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#3 of 8 Old 10-10-2004, 05:28 PM

Just have to reiterate what Sasha_Girl said...Aluminum, Ethylene Glycol(antifreeze), and Formaldehyde definately don't create a notion of "safe" in my mind. Not to mention the variety of possible auto-immune and neurological issues linked with these ingredients.

Neustaders "The Vaccine Guide" might be a ggod place to start off your MIL's education and redfinition of "safe"

Good Luck!
Kathy

Desert Dyeworks Hey, we like color and silk!
Check out our 10% multiple items discount!
#4 of 8 Old 10-10-2004, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
In addition to various nasty ingredients, added on purpose, vaccines are subject to equally nasty contaminations from viruses, stray DNA, etc. I am not totally, absolutely opposed to anyone ever using a vaccine for any purpose, but the current habit of injecting babies with huge amounts of inadequately tested crap is wacko!

Nana
#5 of 8 Old 10-10-2004, 07:27 PM

It goes beyond immediate safety issues surrounding the vaccine contents for me. It's also about how vaccination alters natural disease patterns & the flawed immunity they create. For me, there are other ways of dealing with illness & wellness that are safer in the immediate & long term. Some of those concerns are discussed here:

http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/Y...-bacterial.htm
http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/Y...l-vaccines.htm
http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/Y...mr-vaccine.htm
#6 of 8 Old 10-11-2004, 01:49 AM

I asked my dd's ped about vax's that are Mercury free and he told me that all vax's have preservatives and if Mercury is not one of them in a specific vax then there is another type of "heavy metal" that they are using most likely Copper or Nickle. Keeping that in mind I echo the voices above about all of the other "preservatives" listed. I just cannot see how injecting formaldehyde or any of the other crap that they use can in any way be beneficial to children or anyone for that matter.
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#7 of 8 Old 10-11-2004, 03:15 PM

All pediatric vaxes are now required to be Themerisol free or just have trace amounts. But there's still all kinds of crap in there, as the other posters have mentioned.

Single mom of 2 boys
#8 of 8 Old 10-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Try

www.909shot.com
www.*********

They both have tons of info!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page