Talk to me about Hib - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-10-2004, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds was fully vaxed through 4 months, except for Hep B. And, then I started delaying/selectively vaxing. We decided to do the DTaP and that is the only one he is up to date on. I have decided completely against the MMR, chicken pox, Hep B and the rest of the Polio shots. But, I'm undecided about Hib. Does DS need it? And, what exactly does it prevent? I tried to search the forum here, but "hib" is too short a word to search. So, if you could help me out, that would be great. DS has had 2 Hib shots thus far, but I am completely open to stopping them altogether. They are required for school in our state, but if I got with the Philosophical exemption I plan on just claiming he never had any shots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-10-2004, 10:15 AM

http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/Y...-bacterial.htm
#3 of 8 Old 11-10-2004, 12:43 PM

According to the CDC, http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5343md.htm, there have been a total of 12 reported cases of Haemophilus influenzae type b in the US this year. Doesn't seem like much of a risk, does it?
#4 of 8 Old 11-10-2004, 05:00 PM

From what I've heard, the disease is more susceptible to a child who is not breastfed and attends daycare. And even for those children, the odds are pretty low.

Actually, up until a couple of years ago, the Hib vaccine was only recommended for children in daycare.
#5 of 8 Old 11-10-2004, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, if it is so rare, I wonder why it is required here? They don't even require Chicken pox (yet!). Thanks everyone though. DS was breastfed until he weaned and he doesn't attend daycare. I think I will continue to skip these shots.
#6 of 8 Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, if it is so rare, I wonder why it is required here? They don't even require Chicken pox (yet!). Thanks everyone though. DS was breastfed until he weaned and he doesn't attend daycare. I think I will continue to skip these shots.
Because it makes money, lots and lots of money, like all vaccines.

Vaccines do not work no matter what. They are not based on scientific proof, they are based on pharmaceutical propaganda.

Our doctors are brain washed in medical schools by books that are written by the pharma and research that has already been done by the pharma.
They do not learn how to heal, only how to dispense drugs. Take their prescription pad away and they are lost. And that is exactly where the pharma wants them to be. They have made our health care a drug dispensing system that makes them the riches and most controlling industry in the world.

Look, we have NO polio except in children who are vaccinated with the polio vaccine. Why don't they discontiue the polio vaccine? Because it makes money.

The Pharmaceutical Companies are not in the business to create health. They make their money on sickness and disease.

So.....keep researching....
#7 of 8 Old 11-18-2004, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac
good article, thanks
#8 of 8 Old 11-18-2004, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniewb
Ds was fully vaxed through 4 months, except for Hep B. And, then I started delaying/selectively vaxing. We decided to do the DTaP and that is the only one he is up to date on. I have decided completely against the MMR, chicken pox, Hep B and the rest of the Polio shots. But, I'm undecided about Hib. Does DS need it? And, what exactly does it prevent? I tried to search the forum here, but "hib" is too short a word to search. So, if you could help me out, that would be great. DS has had 2 Hib shots thus far, but I am completely open to stopping them altogether. They are required for school in our state, but if I got with the Philosophical exemption I plan on just claiming he never had any shots.
What state are you in? Hib is required for daycare/preschool only in many states, but NOT required for Kindergarten entry in many states.

This shot wasn't around when my first two were born in 1984 and 1987. My son born in 1995 got the series, my son born in 1999 got 3 doses, and my son born in 2002 is vax free. I think vaccines in general can put one more at risk for other infections. When I checked my daughter's records, she was healthy until her first round of vaccines, then came down with viral meningitis within 2 weeks of being vaccinated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page