Selective Vaccinations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2004, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who selectively vaccinate your children, which vaccinations do you have done and why?
This is a big question, I know. But I'd appreciate any responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 03:38 AM

Hi Gracie's mom..I'm Alex's mom...
I chose not to vaccinate..my daughter is 15 months old...
For awhile I considered Hib..and tetanus...after more study I eliminated Hib from my list..I recently, by reading here, have crossed tetanus off of my list..
I am not without questions..not without more angles to be researched..but the side effects outweigh the benefits. IMO..and immunity by vaccine is a belief that seems no longer true to me. I have also realized that an immune system is strengthened by aquiring some of these vax diseases.
a-l
Old 11-13-2004, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciesmama
For those of you who selectively vaccinate your children, which vaccinations do you have done and why?
This is a big question, I know. But I'd appreciate any responses.
Same here, we've crossed them off our list one by one and so my grandson (now 8 months old) is going to remain totally vaccine and hopefully antibiotic free.

We feel that an unaltered immune system is his best strength especially since vaccine serve no purpose and the extra ingredients can only indroduce allergies and other health problems.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:58 AM

With my first son, we had a ped who didn't give more than 2 shots at any one time. Somehow they bothered me less that way - thought of it as not overtaxing the system (didn't like vaxes but hadn't looked into them that much) - so he got almost all. I did skip chicken pox and p? (the one for ear infections).

With my second son, we had moved = new dr. At our first visit (15 months) he was due for vaxes. We had just moved, I had two kids, tired, etc. I some how let the ped over rule my objections (he said it didn't matter, blah, blah) and give our son all the 15 month shots (can't remember how, but it was a hell of a lot). He got a lump the size of a gulf ball that lasted for a month. The dr totally blew it off as normal. NONE OF MY KIDS HAVE HAD A VAX SINCE.

Now they are 4, 2 and 2 weeks. I am researching vaxes; not sure if I'm reading to go completely no-vax. I am thinking about HIB, pertussis and possibly tetnus. I am breastfeeding so I don't plan to give my daughter any vaxes until at least 6 months. I was going to post the same question you did, but saw yours. I am hoping you get some responses from selective vaxers - I would really like to read the answers. Thanks for starting the thread.

User Tag List